Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 11:54 AM

1,096 posts, read 419,153 times

Advertisements

I don't collect vinyl either. Have a few albums that I keep and just inherited some of my parents old albums. Saved a few of those cause remember my Dad grabbing my Mom in the kitchen to dance after he'd put one of them on (usually while she was trying to cook dinner). He'd succeed despite her protests of "not now." And us kids cheering the whole thing on. Nice memory so saving those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 12:09 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,550,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I don't collect vinyl either. Have a few albums that I keep and just inherited some of my parents old albums. Saved a few of those cause remember my Dad grabbing my Mom in the kitchen to dance after he'd put one of them on (usually while she was trying to cook dinner). He'd succeed despite her protests of "not now." And us kids cheering the whole thing on. Nice memory so saving those.

I don't have to collect them, because I already own them..... .

Old 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
We have a lot of vinyl-it is basically a yours, mine, & ours collection. Well, not much of an "Ours" because vinyl had already been replaced by the CD when we moved in together. Even though we haven't played any of it in a LONG time and I have replaced most of it on CD, we just can't part with it.

Cat

Old 08-14-2019, 09:36 PM

23,176 posts, read 10,468,780 times
OK, IT IS TIME.

In a few hours from now, I am going to try my hand at shepherd's pie, anyone have any ideas, please help me in the next hour, ideas?

I got potatoes, ground round, corn, sweet onions and all sots of things I could add, and I really am looking for something special?

The clock is ticking, what are those little extras? Burn the potatoes or no?

Make a wine gravy on the side? Yez

I could go either way on onions, that is like roast, sometimes I add onions, and sometimes not, and there is a huge gulf betwix them.

I GOTTA TELL YAS, I am thinking of jalipino's and montery cheese. What say you?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM

23,176 posts, read 10,468,780 times
I am SO, always craving pocket meat, like some kind of ancient desire to eat meat clothed in a bread pocket, and I really do make the best of the best in pocket meats, i am always looking for better, I mean, as far as pocket meats are concerned, I AM A GOD, and I don't mean a demigod, or a trivial God, but that I am THE GOD of pocket meat, YUM, meat in a pocket, what's to explain?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:45 PM

88,624 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
OK, IT IS TIME.

In a few hours from now, I am going to try my hand at shepherd's pie, anyone have any ideas, please help me in the next hour, ideas?

I got potatoes, ground round, corn, sweet onions and all sots of things I could add, and I really am looking for something special?

The clock is ticking, what are those little extras? Burn the potatoes or no?

Make a wine gravy on the side? Yez

I could go either way on onions, that is like roast, sometimes I add onions, and sometimes not, and there is a huge gulf betwix them.

I GOTTA TELL YAS, I am thinking of jalipino's and montery cheese. What say you?
Mix some A-1 steak sauce in with the meat.

Onions go with everything.

Jalapenos and Monterey do not, but maybe Texas shepherds are different.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:24 PM

Worcestershire sauce and baby peas. No cheese or jalapeños

Old 08-14-2019, 11:13 PM

950 posts, read 693,355 times
What surprised me about the Scottish food, Haggis, is that it is banned in the USA and Canada because of the risky microbial fluids in the Lungs of the animal, those Lungs which are the main part of the Haggis. Although there are some cooks who are qualified enough to cook the Haggis safely. I heard there is a move on to legalize the importation of Haggis. Have any of you ever eaten Haggis or even prepared it? Should the ban continue or do you favor importation?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 AM

We also ban my favorite "stinky" cheese, Leiderkranz, because of some living ingredient in it. Lived on it when I was a kid. It was my go to snack before bed: cheese and crackers and ginger ale .

Old 08-15-2019, 10:53 AM

12 posts, read 5,073 times
I am a Mexican living and working on an assembly line in Winnipeg Canada. I like to bike, swim , watch movies and listen to music in my spare time. I recently discovered Davalenco who is a musician from my country and I am obsessed to say the least. Apparently he is also living in Canada. Any other swingers on here or even Spanish singers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism