Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
You people give women a bad name. I feel like I'm back in highschool with all the catty stuck up girls. Have a nice day kashi or whatever your name is. If your name was KASHIyou'd be good for me
Come on Lisa, let's hug it out. You'll be okay.

Ladies, now, be nice!

It just sound like you were belittling this little boy. Your bright, sweet talented 2 yr old. Oh, sorry, 2 1/2 yr old is so far above him.

The conversation:

Your precious: How are you today.
The slow little boy: dip dop doop.

Play nice Lisa!! Or, it's timeout for you.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
We understand she is two. We just don't think age is an all-purpose excuse for bothering other people who don't share your opinion of your children's extreme wonderfulness.
what I can't figure out is how a 2 year old has a 12 year old mother

Old 06-19-2010, 09:43 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,846,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
At the same time, who the hell is on a debate forum/board and puts posters on ignore? What's the point?
This hits the nail on the head...Parenting on CD has become a debate forum.

There are other parenting forums on the internet and the other two I post on have none of this "debating", name calling or meanness. We share ideas, and we encourage.

And as someone else said, reading the parenting forum on cd can be entertaining because it is so ridiculous and comedic.

And I thought CD was a relocation forum! But it should be titled CD debate forum!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:46 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
This hits the nail on the head...Parenting on CD has become a debate forum.

There are other parenting forums on the internet and the other two I post on have none of this "debating", name calling or meanness. We share ideas, and we encourage.

And as someone else said, reading the parenting forum on cd can be entertaining because it is so ridiculous and comedic.

And I thought CD was a relocation forum! But it should be titled CD debate forum!
sometimes the debate only starts because some well-meaning poster offers advice, and someone else interprets anything that differs from their own line of thinking as "an attack."

In this case, the meanest things that have been said in this thread have been by the OP herself.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,846,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
sometimes the debate only starts because some well-meaning poster offers advice, and someone else interprets anything that differs from their own line of thinking as "an attack."

In this case, the meanest things that have been said in this thread have been by the OP herself.
Well, it happens in almost any thread on here....on my other forums there are also many different opinions without the attacking...I think people come on CD just to attack and could care less about parenting, which is what makes it different.

so what are your thoughts on breastfeeding or spanking?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
Sometimes I don't even post in the threads and just laugh my ass off reading them!

This was one of those threads until I just couldn't resist commenting!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 AM

45 posts, read 128,378 times
I'm the mother of a child with special needs (autism, but high functioning). I think it's wonderful your daughter wanted to befriend this little boy. From my own observations, 90% of children will not play with other children who are "different." Some are actually very mean (and at such a young age at that!).

Your assumption that she's jealous is what gets me. I don't believe most people would be. Often I wish my life was easier, but I wouldn't be jealous of another child's development at all. So, I don't think the other parent was trying to dig into you. Seems like she was enjoying your DD's company and was joking along with you. But wether she was joking or getting back at you, she could have worded things better. She may not have even realized how it came out.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Quote:
Oh come on they weren't giving me advice. They find it entertaining to tear my posts apart and make fun of them. NOne of this was intended as advice.
That's not true! I did offer you advice. You just didn't like what I had to say. I'm really not out to attack you or anyone.

Quote:
You people give women a bad name. I feel like I'm back in highschool with all the catty stuck up girls. Have a nice day kashi or whatever your name is. If your name was KASHIyou'd be good for me
Was this really called for? I'm long past highschool. You need to grow up. It's kahskye, thank you very much.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Quote:
Quite true.
While it's often encouraging to have a child who seems ahead of the pack as a baby or preschooler, it's not necessarily a predictor of anything. In fact, truly gifted kids often develop asynchronously. That kid who isn't talking clearly may be delayed, or he may be trying to involve your dd in a critique of Beaudelaire in a language that makes perfect sense to him, even if not to anyone else.
Thank you for reading my post and understanding what I was trying to convey to the OP. Too bad she didn't take the time to read it.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
Quite true.
While it's often encouraging to have a child who seems ahead of the pack as a baby or preschooler, it's not necessarily a predictor of anything. In fact, truly gifted kids often develop asynchronously. That kid who isn't talking clearly may be delayed, or he may be trying to involve your dd in a critique of Beaudelaire in a language that makes perfect sense to him, even if not to anyone else.
This is correct. Being ahead of developmental milestones is not a predictor of anything. My toddler was crawling before all other babies but learned to walk last ~13 months. If there was a comment about any kind of milestone achieved or delayed, we always responded with "But we are not encouraging or discouraging her to do anything."

What we try to look out for is personality and make sure that if she does become a "chatty box" like her mother is, that we teach her when enough is enough. I am not going to let her talk somebody's ear off especially in a doctor's office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

I have to agree. The OP did say the meanest things. People who have this attitude that "everybody is out to get me" have the hardest time changing this mindset. They automatically see the negative in any comment made to them. Perhaps this is how they were/are treated. These are the people who often complain (in their mind) that "people always misunderstand them." I KNOW. I've been there but I also don't call names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting