Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
You are a piece of work. SHe was not being rude she asked the kid a question and his reply was dakhsfdkbabikadf. So she asked him "wHAT DID YOU SAY." THAT IS NOT RUDE. The rest of the time she was talking to me or to herself.
Well, I got a bunch of positive reps for that post. So there's more than one of us out there. (You know who you are. )

BTW Webster's defines rude as "lacking in social refinement. Ignorance or indefference to good form." Two and a half is not too early to learn the social advantages of knowing how to sit in a chair, play with books, toys or three-year-old copies of 'People' magazine and wait until your name is called. It's actually a skill that comes in tremendously handy throughout life 'cause the world has a lot of waiting rooms.

You asked for advice. You got advice. Cause and effect.

(Oh, in Sanskirt "dakhsfdkbabikad"' means "I drive a Ferrari.")

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-19-2010 at 11:53 AM..

Old 06-19-2010, 11:37 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
his reply was dakhsfdkbabikadf.
My niece (2.5 yrs) talks to my toddler (14 mos.) over Skype. My daughter says "dakhsfdkbabikadf" and my niece does not respond with anything. BTW: my niece communicates in two languages.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdropinn View Post

(oh, in sanskirt "dakhsfdkbabikad"' means "i drive a ferrari.")
lol!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
You are a typical annoying mother of a girl toddler I kid with you but I wanted to say as a mother of a boy, I got a lot of comments from mothers of toddler girls when my son was that age. Girls are advanced in language skills (still are into adulthood he he he) and boys simply do not talk as well or as early as girls. My son is now a teenager but there are those moments during motherhood you do not forget.

When my son was 2 we were shopping in a local store. We were in the shoe aisle and there was a mother of a toddler girl just a few feet from me. I could hear the little girl saying "Oh I like the sparkely shoes mummma and how I like those...." the girl was a chatter box. Then there is my beautiful son in the basket pointing and grunting at all the shoes like an ape.

The woman noticed and asked me how old he was. I told her he was 2 and she exclaimed that her daughter was 2 also! So my son made another grunt and I will never forget that mortified look on that woman's face. I know she left that store feeling sorry for me because I must clearly have a special needs child. This happened a few more times with friends that had girls and it got annoying. I do not think this woman at the Dr. office was jealous, there is just a natural competitiveness among parents. I think she was just making a joke or maybe she saw that mortified look on your face when her son spoke or when you couldn't understand him. Trust me, you made the face and don't realize it. After my son starting talking on a regular basis I went through all the crap again when it came to potty training.

Don't sweat it. Enjoy that your daughter is not scaling the bookshelves like an olympic athlete.
Re the bolded-that reminded me of a funny moment with my then-husband. Our daughter was an early chatterbox who spoke very clearly and our friend had a boy about the same age who was not at the same level of speech. I kind of ASSUMED that everyone knows what you posted above--generally speaking, boys are behind girls at that age when it comes to language.

So my husband says to me one day, "<friend's boy>" can hardly speak, can he. He's way behind <our daughter>" I just kind of shrugged and said, "well, he's a boy". My husband got so mad that I said that. "He said, OH, that's YOUR explanation? He's a BOY? Well, let's just get him his own handcapped parking space RIGHT NOW, because he's a BOY."

I was laughing so hard at my husband's reaction, taking it as an insult against males, and much as I tried to explain the facts, he just wouldn't listen. It still makes me laugh.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:02 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
Well, it happens in almost any thread on here....on my other forums there are also many different opinions without the attacking...I think people come on CD just to attack and could care less about parenting, which is what makes it different.

so what are your thoughts on breastfeeding or spanking?

HA ha I'm not touching those topics with a ten foot pole!!!!!!!!!!!
GOod post by the way. I should know better than to start threads on here there's other websites where people can post and they will not be judged. This is the most judgmental forum I have ever seen and this thread has become such a joke. Its actually pretty amusing. The fact that I can start a thread which has so many readers must mean something about my writing skills. Oh and yes I'm BRAGGING LOL!!!!!!!! Now watch me get attacked for that comment. I AM JUST KIDDING. I AM JUST KIDDING.

Last edited by KylieEve; 06-19-2010 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: .

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrickel View Post
I'm the mother of a child with special needs (autism, but high functioning). I think it's wonderful your daughter wanted to befriend this little boy. From my own observations, 90% of children will not play with other children who are "different." Some are actually very mean (and at such a young age at that!).

Your assumption that she's jealous is what gets me. I don't believe most people would be. Often I wish my life was easier, but I wouldn't be jealous of another child's development at all. So, I don't think the other parent was trying to dig into you. Seems like she was enjoying your DD's company and was joking along with you. But wether she was joking or getting back at you, she could have worded things better. She may not have even realized how it came out.

It must be very difficult dealing with autism. I have worked with children who have autism. Thank-you so much for your opinions. My daughter really loves people.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Wow! To the OP. I don't' think the other mother in the waiting room was being rude. The only rude mother I see is you, based on your comments in this thread.
I only made the comments AFTER people started insulting me. Have you actually read the other replies????

Old 06-19-2010, 01:24 PM

So I just wanted to say one more thing before I leave this thread. All you posters who are accusing me of not being able to let it go with the mom in the waiting room are HYPOCRITES. You chastise me but are you ladies any different? I have managed to make you all come back to this thread and post replies....even the people I have chosen to put on my ignore list.
I do not even see your comments so the only ones you are frustrating and annoying are yourselves. It looks like those posters are not able to let this thread go.

You people who claim to know everything about life, children, how the world was made have twisted my words around so incredibly. All of this was done just to start a fight.

1. I never said the boy was stupid.
2. I am proud of my daughter. I never said she was a genius. I said she was ahead of her age VERBALLY.
3. My son was also an early talker but my daughter is easier to understand at 2 1/2 than he was at 3 1/2.
4. I didn't SAY ANYTHING BACK TO THE LADY AT ALL.
5. I thought this would be an interesting thread to start but BOY was I wrong.
I am an elementary school teacher so I have alot of experience with children as well.
So I leave you now ladies and invite you to continue arguing amongst yourselves because I am so done with this thread. Also feel free to continue to post in Latin if you so desire (you know who you are).

I sincerely hope that bashing me has brought you some measure of comfort and has made you feel better about yourselves. Goodness knows you need it

Also thank-you to those sane and rational empathetic and non-judgmental women who have sent me messages of support.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
The fact that I can start a thread which has so many readers must mean something about my writing skills.
I find your threads to be VERY entertaining. But it has nothing to do with your writing skills.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
I came back to this thread because I found it absolutely fascinating that it had turned into such a "thing". Also thinking that insomnia must be a bigger problem than we realised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting