Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'd guess it's probably a combination of things Dorthy. When the vaccine was first introduced, our planet had a different climate, different air quality, different pollutants, different pretty much everything. Most people had never heard of tree nut and peanut allergies, because most people never heard of anyone who had them. There was no such thing as antibacterial soap for public use. People didn't disinfect everything and secure their children away from every potential germ. OCD hadn't been common enough to have warranted a diagnosis, and the vast majority of children showed few signs of what we now call ADHD and medicate; though of course there have always been kids with attention problems, and of course there have always been kids who can't sit still.

People weren't medicated for everything and anything, however antibiotics were all the rage and people -were- given antibiotics for things they didn't really need them for.

So people ended up getting sick, and getting over their sicknesses, in spite of the virus's immunity to antibiotics. Kids got sick, kids got over it. Kids developed strong immune systems and most of them didn't even really get all that sick in the first place.

NOW - it's all different. Our air is tainted, our water is chemically treated. We have what is known as "sick building syndrome" because of building air circulatory systems in air-tight buildings sending germs from the 3rd floor to the 1st and back again. We have drugs to treat ailment #4, and drugs to treat the side effects from the drugs that treat ailment #4. And just in case, there are drugs to treat the side effects of the side-effect-treating drug that is used for the side effects of drug #4...so everyone is taking drugs upon drugs upon drugs and this wreaks havoc with our immune systems.

Enter good old fashioned whooping cough, which vaccines just about eradicated, back when the air was breathable and people weren't overmedicated on crap that treats the crap they're taking to treat the crap they're taking because they refuse to allow their bodies to develop natural immunities and instead spray everything down with anti-bacterial crap.

And what you end up with, is a big ole stanky pot of bubbling goopy illness, that the old vaccines wouldn't recognize, let alone eradicate. Even though it's technically the same illness.
People who work in biotech do not appreciate this post. lol

Old 09-10-2010, 04:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
People who work in biotech do not appreciate this post. lol
Are you kidding? People who work in biotech have already made their millions on the concepts within the post and are probably lazing on a beach in the tropics somewhere watching their trophy wife Muffy recuperate from her boob job.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Are you kidding? People who work in biotech have already made their millions on the concepts within the post and are probably lazing on a beach in the tropics somewhere watching their trophy wife Muffy recuperate from her boob job.
I work in biotech. I can assure you I do not have millions nor a wife named Muffy though.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,947,979 times
it's not the bio-tech workers with the big $$$ - it's the bio-tech owners

Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingAll4Seasons View Post
it's not the bio-tech workers with the big $$$ - it's the bio-tech owners
They are not very good at sharing either.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,953 times
I look at it this way: I rather have my kid develop autism then have him or her die because of whooping cough or someother disease.

Here is another study that shows vaccines and autism are not related: More Evidence That Vaccines Don't Cause Autism

Old 09-13-2010, 02:00 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
All my kids are vaccinated and was I. I probably didn't have as many as my youngest has had because they just weren't available when I was young. With my two older kids chicken pox vaccine wasn't available so they had chickenpox, the 3 younger ones got their shots, 2 itchy, scratching, upset kids was enough for me. We don't normally do flu shots nor did I do the rotovirus for my youngest.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:03 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
I look at it this way: I rather have my kid develop autism then have him or her die because of whooping cough or someother disease.

Here is another study that shows vaccines and autism are not related: More Evidence That Vaccines Don't Cause Autism
Yet the Poling family just reached a multi-million dollar settlement with the pharmaceutical companies because vaccines triggered autism in their child.
Short Sharp Science: Family win $1.5 million in autism-vaccine payout

She had an unknown underlying condition which made her susceptible but the fact of the matter is, many kids could have unknown underlying conditions that make vaccines unsafe for them.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:58 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Yet the Poling family just reached a multi-million dollar settlement with the pharmaceutical companies because vaccines triggered autism in their child.
Short Sharp Science: Family win $1.5 million in autism-vaccine payout

She had an unknown underlying condition which made her susceptible but the fact of the matter is, many kids could have unknown underlying conditions that make vaccines unsafe for them.
From your link:

"As to the specific mutation in Hannah's DNA, there are only four other cases known worldwide, according to Salvatore DiMauro of Columbia University in New York."

So much for MANY kids having these unknown conditions making vaccines unsafe for them.

The fact is, there has never been shown a direct link between vaccination and autism.

The only study which purported such a link was falsified and has since been retracted.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
From your link:

"As to the specific mutation in Hannah's DNA, there are only four other cases known worldwide, according to Salvatore DiMauro of Columbia University in New York."

So much for MANY kids having these unknown conditions making vaccines unsafe for them.

The fact is, there has never been shown a direct link between vaccination and autism.

The only study which purported such a link was falsified and has since been retracted.
There could be other unknown underlying conditions that are triggered by vaccinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting