Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

On a happier note....Happy Friday everyone! Finished organizing my paperwork last night (and did most of my laundry too since I'm sure DD and her roommate will be bringing laundry home). Heading to work shortly then I'll come home, run to Costco for a few things, dust, vaccuum and call it a day. Haven't looked at the weather forecast, hoping it stays nice for the weekend.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
On a happier note....Happy Friday everyone! Finished organizing my paperwork last night (and did most of my laundry too since I'm sure DD and her roommate will be bringing laundry home). Heading to work shortly then I'll come home, run to Costco for a few things, dust, vaccuum and call it a day. Haven't looked at the weather forecast, hoping it stays nice for the weekend.
How are those taxes coming along? Think they'll get in the mail? I haven't started mine. I'm afraid, very afraid, this year.

We finally got a warm front. It seems our weather is three days behind yours. I loved being able to go out without a coat.

I'm going to focus on laundry today, get it out of the way before I have to cram for exams over the weekend.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 AM

Hopes, I'm still waiting on DH to get me one of his W2s. The company he works for broke off from another company at one point last year. He has the W-2 from the "new" company but not from the "old" company. I'm sure it's been available to him but he hasn't paid attention to how to get it since he's been so busy. Plus...waiting for payday to purchase the software. I'm still hoping to get it out this month. It shouldn't be complicated it's just a matter of doing it. I think we should get money back though so I want to do it asap. Plus..I need to do the FAFSA and get that over and done with.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
I had read that it might take the IRS until the end of February to update the tax code because of the last minute changes in December. So you're better off waiting anyway mm.

I have someone do our taxes because of our LLC. But I'm now trying to figure out what the deal is since she doesn't seem to be responding to my emails. Really annoying.

I need to get motivated today because I've committed to making cookies, scones and chili to take up to our friend's house in the mountains this weekend and we are going up this afternoon. Worst part is I have to go to the grocery store first, which I despise doing.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I had read that it might take the IRS until the end of February to update the tax code because of the last minute changes in December. So you're better off waiting anyway mm.

I have someone do our taxes because of our LLC. But I'm now trying to figure out what the deal is since she doesn't seem to be responding to my emails. Really annoying.

I need to get motivated today because I've committed to making cookies, scones and chili to take up to our friend's house in the mountains this weekend and we are going up this afternoon. Worst part is I have to go to the grocery store first, which I despise doing.
Thanks jk - that's good to know I'll hold off until mid March then. Our taxes have generally been straightforward so it's not difficult to do them. But if we had extenuating factors, I'd have someone else do them in a heartbeat....

Ooh...cookies, scones and chili! Oh my! LOL...

Sounds yummy! Maybe I'll make scones Those orange ones sound so good. Haven't had scones in years. The problem with making them is the eating them. I've been really good and I don't know how my self control would stand up for fresh orange scones though.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Maybe I'll make scones Those orange ones sound so good. Haven't had scones in years. The problem with making them is the eating them. I've been really good and I don't know how my self control would stand up for fresh orange scones though.
Make them then freeze them - then they aren't as easy to eat!

My orange zest scones also have cranberries in them. I buy the cranberries, freeze them, then when I do the scones I put the cranberries in the food processor to chop them up. Really, really good. The cranberries make them healthy - just forget about the whole stick of butter in them though!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 AM

I could freeze them...or send them with DD when she leaves....I'll just have to see how my day goes tomorrow. I wish I had time today. Alas...I have no food processor....I do have a little Black and Decker chopper thingy so I could chop things up in small batches.

What isn't good if it has a whole stick of butter in it?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
You guys should bake scones together. You have so many similar interests and live nearby. What's stopping you?!!?!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM

Hopes - we don't really live that close - probably an hour to an hour and a half drive...But close in comparison to everyone else here!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Yeah - I'm way up north

With as many on here who live in the area, we should plan a get together somewhere in the middle one of these days....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting