Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morning!

They caught somebody but it's still one mixed-up mess. They thought it was the fellow they'd accidentally let out early. Turns out it was someone else entirely. Meanwhile, this guy had shot up a Sears (!) before he escaped across the parking lot and across a major road before they talked him out of the Baja Freah. He'd taken two hostages inside. You go out for a combo plate and you end up on CNN.

Edit to add they now think there may have been two guys. Nobody seems to know just what happened. Sheesh.
Glad you weren't in there gobbling up a burrito, DewDrop. We need you around here.

How're you feeling, Hopes?

I have spent way too much time on here today, phoophing around, and on the floor, building Thomas tracks. I should be working, but I just can't get on it today. Don't have the vibe, man. Anyone else have days like that?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Thanks, Finster!

I have a lot of those days. Since I work at home it's way too easy for me to work a little... check CD... work a little.. check the Disney boards... work a little... see if the Cardinals fired any coaches... work a little... check other people's Tweets...

Here's a question: Does anyone else Google too much? You read a Tweet and somebody is in Chichen Itza (I am taking this from real-life.) So I Google Chichen Itza. Then I Google the Mayans. Then I Google a map of the Yucatan. Then I Earth Google the Mexican pyramids. Then I Earth Google my house. Then I street-view my house and on and on. This was a sub-plot on The Middle last night.

I've turned into Brick.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-06-2011 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Glad you weren't in there gobbling up a burrito, DewDrop. We need you around here.

How're you feeling, Hopes?

I have spent way too much time on here today, phoophing around, and on the floor, building Thomas tracks. I should be working, but I just can't get on it today. Don't have the vibe, man. Anyone else have days like that?
Story of my life...

ETA - forgot to mention "phoophing" ! LOL - totally got it...

Quote:

Thanks, Finster!

I have a lot of those days. Since I work at home it's way too easy for me to work a little... check CD... work a little.. check the Disney boards... work a little... see if the Cardinals fired any coaches... work a little... check other people's Tweets...

Here's a question: Does anyone else Google too much? You read a Tweet and somebody is in Chichen Itza (I am taking this from real-life.) So I Google Chichen Itza. Then I Google the Mayans. Then I Google a map of the Yucatan. Then I Earth Google the Mexican pyramids. Then I Earth Google my house. Then I street-view my house and on and on. This was a sub-plot on The Middle last night.

I've turned into Brick.

Oh me, me, me! I am addicted to Google. When my laptop was functioning, I'd sit downstairs with DH and/or DS watching something, reading what's going on here and there, checking the news, playing spider solitaire or mahjong....we'd see an actor or a sports figure and we'd wonder something then I'd Google hi/her/it and then of course it goes on from there. But then, I was the kid who would have been perfectly happy to sit in my room and read the encyclopedia if my parents would have bought them....

Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Here's a question: Does anyone else Google too much?
Yes - I do the same thing and get way off track from my original intent. Which I usually can't remember what it was. This morning my tangent ended up on learning I can use vinegar instead of fabric softener - that is works better and helps against static. And that Borax in my front loader is okay and will help with the smell.

Seriously, I don't know what I originally was looking up.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Does anyone else think google complete can read their mind? I sure do.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Yes - I do the same thing and get way off track from my original intent. Which I usually can't remember what it was. This morning my tangent ended up on learning I can use vinegar instead of fabric softener - that is works better and helps against static. And that Borax in my front loader is okay and will help with the smell.

Seriously, I don't know what I originally was looking up.
You can use vinegar instead of fabric softener? That's interesting!

I have a front loader also - I always leave the door open between washes....haven't had a problem with the infamous front loader smell...but the Borax info is good to have on hand (is that with 20 mule power?)

Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Vinegar is good for hair too. I wash a quarter of a cup through my hair every couple of weeks and it makes it so soft and shiny!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM

I have heard that about rinsing your hair with it - I wonder if it would damage or fade the color though?...I do run vinegar through the coffeemaker from time to time...and have washed the hardwood floors with it...

Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Well I too am glad you weren't out for a burrito, Dew!

I agree about google. I google just about everything. Last night it started out about gardening and ended up on how I can get Mr. X to install a fiberglass pool in our backyard without contractor involvement. I realized quickly it was beyond his realm of expertise .

Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
but the Borax info is good to have on hand (is that with 20 mule power?)
I think so.

I did a load today using a tiny (like tablespoon) of detergent, borax and vinegar. Clothes came out great.

I can't leave the door open because of the cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting