Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 04:19 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,089,333 times

Advertisements

Hopes, that's interesting because Mexican (even authentic) isn't that difficult to cook. The ingredients are also extremely cheap. The hubby is either going to do animation or culinary (if he doesn't get into the art school). If he goes the culinary route, I'll keep that in mind. Learning authentic Mexican would be very easy for him out here, especially in our town.

He really wants to do animation and is really good at that type of stuff. However, his GPA in high school was under 2.0 due to moving from one country to the U.S. his senior year and not speaking English as the time. Add in the fact that his counselor told him he only needed to pass one class and could fail the others and the fact that he took two years to pass that one class along with failing the others, and that doesn't equal anything pretty.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
I wish we ate out more. My family doesn't like eating out. My husband complains about the price and my children complain about how long it takes.

I eat out with my girlfriends. When they're not available, I take my children's friends out to eat.

If I'm craving for a specific restaurant, I often invite them to join me to eat somewhere whenever they call to say hello to me.

Isn't it strange that my children's friends will go out to eat with me instead of my own children?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Where the heck did you go? At the place I told psr about, that dinner would be less than 20 bucks. The place I went to today was $9.99 for two shredded beef tacos, rice and black beans. Generous portions but (compared to the places I used to go to in So Cal) a little high.
A local place here called Tito's Cantina. And the food wasn't even that good Should have went to where I wanted to go in the first place, but noooo, husband just had to have Mexican last night (I am a HUGE burger fan)

Old 01-29-2011, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
He really wants to do animation and is really good at that type of stuff. However, his GPA in high school was under 2.0 due to moving from one country to the U.S. his senior year and not speaking English as the time. Add in the fact that his counselor told him he only needed to pass one class and could fail the others and the fact that he took two years to pass that one class along with failing the others, and that doesn't equal anything pretty.
Is he in school now? Both Cypress (as a CC) and CSUF teach animation.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Hopes, that's interesting because Mexican (even authentic) isn't that difficult to cook. The ingredients are also extremely cheap. The hubby is either going to do animation or culinary (if he doesn't get into the art school). If he goes the culinary route, I'll keep that in mind. Learning authentic Mexican would be very easy for him out here, especially in our town.
Pittsburgh's economy is stable and the cost of living is very low. If you ever want to check out the city, I'll gladly show you around.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I wish we ate out more. My family doesn't like eating out. My husband complains about the price and my children complain about how long it takes.

I eat out with my girlfriends. When they're not available, I take my children's friends out to eat.

If I'm craving for a specific restaurant, I often invite them to join me to eat somewhere whenever they call to say hello to me.

Isn't it strange that my children's friends will go out to eat with me instead of my own children?
Hopes, if you were near by, I would go out to eat with you. We go out to eat a lot, but it would be nice to have someone else to go out with instead of my husband. I haven't made one single friend here yet since moving here in Aug

Old 01-29-2011, 04:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
A local place here called Tito's Cantina. And the food wasn't even that good Should have went to where I wanted to go in the first place, but noooo, husband just had to have Mexican last night (I am a HUGE burger fan)
As soon as they put "cantina" in the name the price goes up. Both DH and I are big fans of finding really great strip-mall type places. "Jose's Tacos" or just "Hawaiian Food". Places where Auntie is in the kitchen and they know your name the second time you go there.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:30 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,089,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Is he in school now? Both Cypress (as a CC) and CSUF teach animation.
He's taking some art classes, but we were trying to ease him back into school since it's been so long since he's been in it.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
OK...so was going to make salmon tonight but I forgot about DS's lacrosse games. He has one at 6 and one at 9:30...pretty inconvenient when trying to squeeze dinner in. He doesn't like to eat before games so that's pretty much out. I guess we'll have that tomorrow instead. Grr. I was all ready for that too. I guess it'll be "get your own" since it'll just be DH and I and who knows when we'll eat...we'll watch the first game for sure, then come home and eat, if we're still awake at 9:30 (LOL) we'll run back to the second one. The games are pretty short - they run on a continuous clock since they have so many games in a very limited space.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Hopes, if you were near by, I would go out to eat with you. We go out to eat a lot, but it would be nice to have someone else to go out with instead of my husband. I haven't made one single friend here yet since moving here in Aug
I'd go out to eat with you too!

I know it's hard moving to a new area.

Where on earth do you live anyway? Are you actually in NE Ohio?

If so, we're fairy close by internet standards. I'm in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting