Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 07:52 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

psr- they are cute at that age!

We woke up to lots of snow here. I don't think this much was predicted...

Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The first and the second photo look like they could be the exact same cut. Try teasing just the very top at your forehead, and along the part around an inch, right at the scalp. While it's still moist (not soaking). And work a little moderate-hold gel into it while you're doing it. Just a drop to coat your fingertips, no more than that.

Alternately, try this while it's still wet:

Comb to get any clumps/big knots out.

THEN towel-dry.

THEN spray some light-hold spray over the whole thing.

DO NOT BRUSH.

That might work perfectly. Honestly, that second photo looks like nothing more than an unbrushed, unpolished version of the first.
Good morning ladies!!

Hawaiian Mac salad....hehe....thanks for the idea! I was going to make some potato salad to go with the huge batch of ribs I was making today, but decided on the Mac salad instead! LOL

Anon, if Hopes' hair is anything like mine...it's a real pain in the butt. I've tried your ideas..my hair is a lot like photo number one...and putting most styling products in my hair is a complete disaster! Ugh! It is harder than heck to find a product that won't weigh my hair down and make it look instantly dirty. The only product I have found which works on my hair type (at least an AFFORDABLE one), is Sunsilk Daring Volume-anti-flat plumping cream.

All of the other products I've tried dulls, dirties, and weighs down the hair too much. Like Hopes, I have extremely straight, fine hair, but tons of it! My hair has a natural "swimmers sheen" to it, and loads of natural highlight hairs. Most products leave a heavy, dulling film. The products which are "sheen producing"...you know, any of the "glossing" products, make my hair greasy....separating the strands into clumps, which make it look dirty. Ick! The Sunsilk product mentioned above works great, but if there's any humidity in the air (hehe...always, here in the PNW), no amount of styling, other than crimping, is going to last long. Thanks for the tips!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Morning all!

I am ready for some football!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
The first and the second photo look like they could be the exact same cut.
You're right. They are similar haircuts. The first photo is what it looks like with flat, lifeless hair. LOL

Thanks for the tips. It's doubtful I'll have luck, but I'll try!

Quote:
Honestly, that second photo looks like nothing more than an unbrushed, unpolished version of the first.
I think the first photo looks BLA. It looks great on the girl in the picture. It looks great on me right after I comb or brush it. But one minute later, it just looks stringy. Any movement whatsoever just sets it into static flyaway hair. The weather is partly to blame. I just feel like it's so flat. With the right cut, I can get a certain degree of fullness and swing to my hair. This cut isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Anon, if Hopes' hair is anything like mine...it's a real pain in the butt. I've tried your ideas..my hair is a lot like photo number one...and putting most styling products in my hair is a complete disaster! Ugh! It is harder than heck to find a product that won't weigh my hair down and make it look instantly dirty. The only product I have found which works on my hair type (at least an AFFORDABLE one), is Sunsilk Daring Volume-anti-flat plumping cream.

All of the other products I've tried dulls, dirties, and weighs down the hair too much. Like Hopes, I have extremely straight, fine hair, but tons of it! My hair has a natural "swimmers sheen" to it, and loads of natural highlight hairs. Most products leave a heavy, dulling film. The products which are "sheen producing"...you know, any of the "glossing" products, make my hair greasy....separating the strands into clumps, which make it look dirty. Ick! The Sunsilk product mentioned above works great, but if there's any humidity in the air (hehe...always, here in the PNW), no amount of styling, other than crimping, is going to last long. Thanks for the tips!
That's my hair! Styling products are the death of my hair! Low humidity makes my hair fly away from static and hgh humidity doesn't hold a style. I've found that it's best to pick haircuts that are meant for straight hair instead of picking haircuts that need styled or curled. Until I can get my hair cut next week, I will be able to curl my hair right now because the winter weather is low humidity and it will hold a curl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morning all!

OMGoodness! SAVE ME FROM THE FOOTBALL MADNESS! The people in my area have gone utterly and completely INSANE.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Quote:
Morning all!

Haha. I was invited to two super bowl parties. Going to neither.

I love days like this because I'm not into sports but there is always some other marathon on (Like law and order or lifetime movies) which makes me uber happy for a sunday.

Last night I went to see The Roommate, ya know it's supposed to be a scary movie about a girl at college who has a crazy movie. Anyways, I laughed my little butt off the whole time. Some of the shots of her being "creepy" where just TOO funny. When we where leave I was commenting on how my friend and I had the same rain boots on and I said "It's like we are sisters" which is the "creepy" line from the movie and she was so freaked out.

Hahah. It was a fun night.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Haha. I was invited to two super bowl parties. Going to neither.
When I was your age I went.

Super Bowl parties usually mean a room full of good looking guys!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Quote:
When I was your age I went.

Super Bowl parties usually mean a room full of good looking guys!

Yeah but they are all looking at the TV! I'm really really not into sports especially football. And I would want to just talk the whole time and then people would get mad. I am saving OTHERS the aggravation of being exposed to me.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah but they are all looking at the TV! I'm really really not into sports especially football. And I would want to just talk the whole time and then people would get mad. I am saving OTHERS the aggravation of being exposed to me.
Don't be silly.

I met my husband at a Super Bowl party.

I don't like football. I didn't watch.

I talked to my husband the entire time.

He obviously didn't mind! He married me!

Nobody was mad at me.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I am saving OTHERS the aggravation of being exposed to me.
You are a wonderful person.

BTW: I saw an Ohio license plate yesterday. The sticker said Tuscarawas County. There are more cows than people in that county. That made me laugh. We get a lot of snowbirds, but the odds of seeing a car from Tuscarawas County have to be pretty small.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
BTW: I saw an Ohio license plate yesterday. The sticker said Tuscarawas County. There are more cows than people in that county. That made me laugh. We get a lot of snowbirds, but the odds of seeing a car from Tuscarawas County have to be pretty small.
The population isn't that sparse. There's almost 100,000 people in that county.

It's a suburb for the Canton/Akron area. The town Tuscarawas is only 35 minutes from Canton and the county border is even closer.

But I guess the odds are still small since you're so far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting