Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
There was a piece on the physical impact on circumcision on the penis at the peaceful parenting (DrMomma.org) site recently, which might be interesting to some, given that this thread has been revived.

peaceful parenting: Intact or Circumcised: A Significant Difference in the Adult Penis
WARNING: This link contains photographs of both infant and adult circumcised and intact penises for educational purposes. Do not click if you do not want to see such images.
Thanks for the link. Seeing the differences side by side is quite enlightening.

I know the following link is blatantly anti-circ, please ignore that aspect of it if it offends, but I couldn't find another with the diagrams I wanted. I have said it before on this thread, and I will say it again, if you have decided to get your sons circumcised, please at least ask the surgeon/pediatrician what procedure they perform. Some remove the frenulum, and some do not. The frenulum is one of the 2 most sensitive parts of the penis, the sulcus being the other. If the surgeon/pediatrician routinely removes the frenulum, I would look for a different surgeon, or go to a pediatric urologist if at all possible.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying the link contains multiple graphics of the penis.

Anatomy of the Penis and Mechanics of Intercourse

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I believe that in time, circumcision for males, will be viewed as archaic and culturally hideous as circumcision for females.

Don't mutilate your child. There is nothing wrong with him the way he is...naturally.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:23 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times
This was when I was 16... But in my upper class circle it was a poor man who couldnt afford to get cut. Like crooked teeth, we felt it was not a positive aspect. We were WASPy w/money. I still don't like turtlenecks.. Again a preference like I don't like big nostrils. Anyone gonna cry about that? Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Great. So not only have you fallen victim to pro-circ propaganda, but apparently you're a 16 year old girl, as well.

I wonder how women would react to a man being "repulsed" by a woman's clitoral hood and labia, which is essentially the female version of a foreskin, and can harbor just as much, if not more, germs and bacteria.

But now we're supposed to believe that parents should take the time to teach their daughters how to clean themselves properly down there, but not their sons?

Your son's penis does not belong to you. Quit being lazy, do some parenting and teach him how to properly care for it. If he decides he doesn't want it, then let him make the decision to remove it when he's and adult.

The fact that circumcision is still practiced in this nation is pure proof that our education system is a joke.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
This was when I was 16... But in my upper class circle it was a poor man who couldnt afford to get cut. Like crooked teeth, we felt it was not a positive aspect. We were WASPy w/money. I still don't like turtlenecks.. Again a preference like I don't like big nostrils. Anyone gonna cry about that? Ugh.
Maybe if I were attracted to men, I might be able to see it from a woman's point of view. But it honestly makes no sense to me to be turned off by something that's completely natural. I've never heard a dude say he was turned off by a woman because of the extra skin y'all have down there.

So yeah, I'll just say it. The idea that a woman might turn down a quality dude simply because he does or doesn't have foreskin is beyond shallow, in my opinion. I believe that such a "preference" is the result of society getting into your head and telling you that one is wrong and the other is right.

And I found it odd that you and some of the others in this thread have somehow came to know just how many of the males around you were circ or uncirc. The average person has little to no knowledge of this fact concerning the men in their lives.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:
Maybe if I were attracted to men, I might be able to see it from a woman's point of view. But it honestly makes no sense to me to be turned off by something that's completely natural. I've never heard a dude say he was turned off by a woman because of the extra skin y'all have down there.

So yeah, I'll just say it. The idea that a woman might turn down a quality dude simply because he does or doesn't have foreskin is beyond shallow, in my opinion. I believe that such a "preference" is the result of society getting into your head and telling you that one is wrong and the other is right.

And I found it odd that you and some of the others in this thread have somehow came to know just how many of the males around you were circ or uncirc. The average person has little to no knowledge of this fact concerning the men in their lives.

Odd??, I find it incredible that so many people seem to know what other males penis's look like.

and I agree with your post.

I did not cut my 3 boys.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:52 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

My advice to my uncircumcised son would be any woman who would thus turn you down is not worth your time.

Quote:

Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM

You never heard of guys like certain labia looks? I have. When a guy tells you he likes pouty big lips down there it's a preference no?

Labiaplasty is a surgery JUST for that.. To alter the way labia LOOKS. Women are judged on plenty down there.. Shaved? Waxed? Furry? It's all about what gets a person hot.

It's not similar to removing the clitoris like in African tribes because we are not removing the penis. The clitoris is the females penis, not the vagina. So the only comparison is removing the hood.

Quote:

Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
You never heard of guys like certain labia looks? I have. When a guy tells you he likes pouty big lips down there it's a preference no?

Labiaplasty is a surgery JUST for that.. To alter the way labia LOOKS. Women are judged on plenty down there.. Shaved? Waxed? Furry? It's all about what gets a person hot.

It's not similar to removing the clitoris like in African tribes because we are not removing the penis. The clitoris is the females penis, not the vagina. So the only comparison is removing the hood.
Exactly. Type I female circumcision is pretty much the same as male circumcision. And you don't find it a bit hypocritical for not liking a man with foreskin, when you got to keep yours?

Of course men have preferences, but no red blooded, heterosexual male is going to turn down a relationship with a woman he is otherwise attracted to just because of the way she looks down there.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
That's not entirely true. It really depends on the surgical procedure used when doing the circumcision. If the frenulum is removed, which is fairly common, that results in a loss of sensation leaving only the sensitive sulcus.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Did you know their acronym would be POOP?
And their umbrella organization: I Know How to Raise Your Kids Better Than You Do.
PREACH IT! Don't worry about what I do to my kid as long as it doesn't injure them. The APA has not stated one way or the other if they are for or against so for them to assume they are making the correct decision is DELUSIONAL.

We are all doing what we think is best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting