Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone!

Aconite - LOL at Ozzie and Harriet....DH's parents weren't them but I do always joke to DH that his mom is Aunt Bea from The Andy Griffith Show....

Got my fingers crossed (yet again) for good news on the football front.....assuming all goes well (which is dangerous in itself)...it could be a very busy and very interesting next few weeks.

Heading off to the vet today...poor Macie, her itching is just not better. She's up to 9 Benadryl/day and still itchy. She's fine on the Prednisone but I don't think the vet wants to leave her on it indefinitely - we see what she says....

Then doing my Costco run - probably around lunchtime - DS usually likes to tag along for that so he can it all the sample tables and have a say in what kind of food I purchase....LOL...it's all about the food.

Anyone doing anything fun and exciting today?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Morning MM and all. No big plans. Just some things I have to do that I don't want to do. I think that's called "life". Hoping for good news on the football front.

We had quite the electrical storm last night. Sky was lit up. Also got some rain and it may not break 100 today up here. Woo hoo.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Anyone doing anything fun and exciting today?
I wish!

I'm heading back to the attic shortly to put in an hour or so before it gets hot. I'm hoping the sky stays overcast. Then I'm off to the bank to make a deposit and to Goodwill to drop off bags of old clothes. Then I am visiting some local farms for bushel pricing because my girlfriend wants to try canning this year.

Hubby and I bought fish and scrimp to cook on the grill this evening. I'm We're planning go swimming today but thunderstorms might interfer with those plans.

I noticed hubby is filling the back of his pickup truck with old wood (doors and trim stored in the garage) and tree branches that broke off from the storms. That's a clue that we will be heading to camp sometime this week.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No big plans. Just some things I have to do that I don't want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I wish!

I'm heading back to the attic shortly to put in an hour or so before it gets hot....... Then I'm off to the bank to make a deposit and to Goodwill to drop off bags of old clothes. Then I am visiting some local farms for bushel pricing because my girlfriend wants to try canning this year.
Wow - we ARE an exciting group arent' we? Some days are just like that..... I just remembered tomorrow is trash day so I should clean the fridge and need to make sure some of the yard bags are put on the side of the house so that we remember to put them out tomorrow. Forgot last week - then they got rained on and now they're heavy and smelly. Don't want to make that worse than it already is.

Hopes - how is your DS doing? I lost track - is he still thinking about visiting Seattle?

Oh! And speaking of Seattle - when does Num return? And where has Ewag been? MrsX still taking care of family business?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Dew - meant to tell you - one of DS's friends mom saw Tim Tebow shopping at our local Sports Authority recently and got his autograph. Said he was very nice.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Wow - we ARE an exciting group arent' we? Some days are just like that.....
More often than not for me. I'm finding this to be a difficult transition stage of my life because I can't get hubby out of his rut. It's like we put our lives on hold to raise children. I can't even remember when it happened, when we stopped doing things. We used to be super busy, going away camping almost every weekend, going out to dinner each week. There was always something going on. We played paintball with friends on our anniversary once. At some point, life got in the way. We were too busy or too tired. I remember talks and dreams of things we'd do "someday."

Now that someday is here, Hubby has turned into someone who prefers to putz around the house and yard. It's very difficult to get him to do anything. I'm just still full of energy, wanting to start my life again. I could go dancing in a heartbeat. I can't get him to go to concerts anymore, says he's not interested. I'm not complaining. I love him dearly. I fear, for his own sake, that he is turning into an old man. That makes me sad for him.

Quote:
Hopes - how is your DS doing? I lost track - is he still thinking about visiting Seattle?
He's doing better. He stablized. He is finally sleeping. Turns out he hadn't been able to sleep well for almost 3 months. Lack of sleep contributes greatly to anxiety. His mind was racing and he couldn't control it. As soon as we got his sleep back under control, his mind stopped racing. I figured it out when I read that sleep deprivation and insomnia can cause racing thoughts. NyQuill cured that problem.

Since he has only been sleeping for a couple of weeks, the "next step" hasn't been identified/solidified. He does still talk about moving Seattle. (Heck, I'd love to move there too! The weather is perfect for me. I love rain and overcast skies. It doesn't get too cold or too hot.) He is enrolled to start classes for fall. If he does go to Seattle, it will be during/after winter break. His friends who moved to Seattle will be home visiting family over the holidays. I think he's more comfortable waiting to tell them in person than calling, texting or emailing that he's ready to join them.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Dew - meant to tell you - one of DS's friends mom saw Tim Tebow shopping at our local Sports Authority recently and got his autograph. Said he was very nice.
Very good! I have an almost 12-year old nephew with a birthday coming up. I'm thinking of getting him Tebow's book. He is sports crazy.

Famous people: DS was in line at the fish store Saturday next to Helen Hunt. He said they chatted about fish prep for 10 minutes. She was very nice he said. (He's not easily impressed by famous people so she must have been very sweet.)

Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Hang in there Hopes - I can relate to dealing with this transition period - it is a big change after years of planning so much around kids activities. Also I can't help but wonder if part of your hub's issue is depression over the job situation? He's also dealing with that at the same time. Hopefully once that situation gets resolved (one way or another) you'll find a new normal. One that works for both of you...

Glad to hear things are looking up for DS. Lack of sleep is horrible. I deal with that from time to time and I know for a fact it affects my attitude and outlook - both at home and at work.

Putting off drying my hair - I hate drying my hair. I envy people who can let their hair air dry and it looks decent.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Thinking of you Hopes. I appreciate how hard it is for you.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Hello all.

Not much going on here.

All you Costco people, what things do you buy there on a regular basis? I sometimes think I under-utilize it a bit. And I suffer from Shopping Cart Envy. Every time I go to check out, I very nosily take a peek at what everyone else has in their carts and wish I had it too. Does anybody else do that, or is it just me? Probably is, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting