Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
just had to go online to sign all the required forms and pay for everything .
I wish our district did it that way. I got a packet right after school was out with all the same paperwork that we have to fill out every year. It would be so, so nice if they had all this online and all we had to do was update info that has changed.

I can see it all in the login for grades - I just can't change anything! Seems backwards.

Well, the paint I picked out for the basement bathroom was horrible. I don't know if Home Depot will let me return it for some sort of credit back or not. I really despise painting. But once you start.... anyway, I came up with a solution I'm willing to live with.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
. anyway, I came up with a solution I'm willing to live with.
And that was?

Afternoon/evening everyone!

Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And that was?
I used leftover light gray paint from DH's office and I painted 4 walls - left the others the dark brown. Not sure what I was thinking way back when when we originally painted that bathroom. I think I was tired of the construction by then and we were in such a time crunch that I used whatever I had

Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I think I was tired of the construction by then and we were in such a time crunch that I used whatever I had
Totally understandable!

Old 07-24-2011, 04:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
LOL on the paint... DS's bathroom is a bit of a mistake...I was goin for a misty blue-grey and ended up a bit on the periwinkle side...

I keep wanting to change it but it falls pretty low on the list since DS's standard response is "I don't really care"

I can't believe you still have to sign all those forms! I would sure think all the copying and mailing expenses would be impacting the district...not to mention simply being "green".

Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 PM

970 posts, read 2,214,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I've also started learning my husband's language so that he can't talk with our future children about me behind my back. OK, that reason isn't true. It's just fun, and I love to be able to share in his culture.
Sorry if you posted this and I missed it, but what language?

My Spanish is all right. I have to improve it because my husband is fluent and we want future kids to be bilingual. All of the adults in his family are bilingual but most of the kids speak very little Spanish. His brother can understand most Spanish but cannot speak fluently. I guess it's confusing for me. His cousins have had the perfect opportunity to be bilingual from birth but the parents almost exclusively speak English with their kids.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Hey Hopes, where would you sell the books online? I emptied the book cases in my bedroom yesterday, and just moved all the already read stuff into the guest room. I was planning on saving them until we finally get a library in our city (2 years away, yea!), because I have found the shipping prices a bit nuts for books. DS youngest sold some of his used textbooks online, and I ended up paying at least $5.00 per title to ship them out.
My girlfriend has a profitable business selling books. She has a frequent user account with UPS via Amazon. She pays an annual fee for very low shipping rates. And when she buys anything online via Amazon, she gets free shipping.

If you don't have enough books to sell to justify the annual fee, you can ship via the post office using the media mail prices. Media mail is the lowest rates available without a special shipping contract.

A yard sale is the most profitable, but I'm not really in the mood to do one.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL on the paint... DS's bathroom is a bit of a mistake...I was goin for a misty blue-grey and ended up a bit on the periwinkle side...
The same thing happened to me when painting my son's room 10 years ago. I was aiming for a light grey/blue and looked like robins egg blue.

When we last painted it 5 years ago, I let him pick the color without any restrictions and he chose a deep forest green, probably to overcompensate LOL.

I was surprised how nice it looked. I always avoided dark colors prior to that.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
DS's room is a dark blue. The trim is white and it looks really nice. Darker colors can look really nice and crisp at times..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:54 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
Sorry if you posted this and I missed it, but what language?

My Spanish is all right. I have to improve it because my husband is fluent and we want future kids to be bilingual. All of the adults in his family are bilingual but most of the kids speak very little Spanish. His brother can understand most Spanish but cannot speak fluently. I guess it's confusing for me. His cousins have had the perfect opportunity to be bilingual from birth but the parents almost exclusively speak English with their kids.
Tagalog (technically Filipino).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting