Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times

Advertisements

Hmmm....I tend to buy my meat/salmon there (although we don't eat too much meat anymore). Their rotisserie chickens too....Morningstar veggie sausage, cereal, coffee, cheese (both sliced American and shredded), eggs, books, pistachios (DH is addicted and they are much much cheaper at Costco), ibuprofen, benadryl and other OTC meds...that's just off the top of my head - the "regular" stuff...the hard part is trying not to add all the extras to the cart!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:13 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hang in there Hopes - I can relate to dealing with this transition period - it is a big change after years of planning so much around kids activities. Also I can't help but wonder if part of your hub's issue is depression over the job situation? He's also dealing with that at the same time. Hopefully once that situation gets resolved (one way or another) you'll find a new normal. One that works for both of you...
I thought that too but he has been in this rut for at least five years. He always said he was too tired. He did work crazy hours, like 80 hour weeks. It made sense that he wanted to just relax whenever he was home. But now that he's not working, he is still not interested in doing anything.

A few weeks ago, I told him that if he was still too tired or uninterested in doing anything after he was done working light duty, I was making him go to the doctor for a physical. He is taking afternoon naps. He's still tired even though he's not working. He's not depressed, he gets snappy and grumpy when he's depressed (that happened 10 years ago when he had low testosterone that was undiagnosed).

He says he's not worried at all about work, that he loves being off. He will be able to find another job once this is settled. He is confident about that, I am too. The current workers comp payments are more than enough for us so there aren't any current financial worries. We started preparing mentally for a settlement, figuring out how much would be enough for us to accept a settlement, and we realized that we will likely be very happy with the settlement offer so we see no need for a lawyer at this point.

I feel like we're just always living for tomorrow, like we can't seem to get our minds out of the full nest mentality! We're both home! Tomorrow is here! It's time to start living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Putting off drying my hair - I hate drying my hair. I envy people who can let their hair air dry and it looks decent.
That's my hair, but the downside is that doesn't dry for hours in the summer and all the wetness makes me feel more hot in the humidity. If I blow dry it, it looks like crap.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Or...maybe he really is just tired. Years of working crazy, 80 hour weeks, followed by health issues, and other concerns. He may be worn out. Kind of like losing sleep one night often doesn't affect just one day but several days....Also, some people don't immediately snap out of things and take time to adjust to life changes. Maybe he's one of those people. I'd give him some time and if it doesn't get better - a physical is a good bet.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM

OK - off to the vet. Keep your fingers crossed that making Macie comfy isn't too hard on my wallet!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Morning everyone. Zero, zipp, nata on anything exciting going on here. We aren't doing much because of the house remodel and also saving for the trip next summer.

This week I'm wrapping up the month for a client I've sort of "fired". I don't make enough doing their books for the stress it brings me. DH last week really encouraged me to just let them go. I think he's tired of hearing me complain actually.

It's a relief really. And he (the owner) seemed to take it quite well. They are bleeding money so maybe he's relieved and he can go find someone cheaper or someone who will do it for free. Anywho, I now just wait to hear from him regarding the transition. Hopefully I get paid for June.....

Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Just did the leg work on something I had to do and which I had been putting off and which was giving me nightmares. It's going to work out so much better than I could have anticipated.

I hope everyone's day goes as well, because right now I am a very happy, grateful person. To everyone facing a challenge: Hang in there. Sometimes solutions you don't expect are out there.

Everyone gets a {{{HUG}}}

Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just did the leg work on something I had to do and which I had been putting off and which was giving me nightmares. It's going to work out so much better than I could have anticipated.

I hope everyone's day goes as well, because right now I am a very happy, grateful person. To everyone facing a challenge: Hang in there. Sometimes solutions you don't expect are out there.

Everyone gets a {{{HUG}}}
Aww, thanks Dew. Good for you. I am the Queen Of Putting Things Off and Having Subsequent Nightmares.

It's a trait I battle on a daily basis. I'm very proud of you.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Good Morning All!

(Raises hand slowly) Queen procrastinator here too.

I hope everyone is having a great day?

Last edited by Zimbochick; 07-25-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 01:59 PM

So glad to hear things worked out for you Dew. That is indeed a blessing. Bet you sleep well tonight!

Hmmmm...I think we are finding a common thread here (says MM who loses sleep regularly. Frequently due to anxiety over something that she has put off doing. And never seems to have the wherewithall to overcome.)

The vet was expensive - which I had anticipated (and delayed for at least a month) but hopefully as time goes on we can move to a generic version of the med, and find a maintenance dosage that isn't as pricey. And it may also relieve another chronic issue she has which has me at the vet monthly anyway. So...at least there is hope. In the meantime, she got another shot of prednisone so she will be itchless for at least awhile.

Hot here again - looks like heavy rain to the west....I'd take some of that if it makes it over here.

And......we have football! Yay!

Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Dew, I'll take your hug and raise you two.

Fin, I buy according to my list at Costco. I love their meat, paper towels, coffee prices, dog food, and frozen pizza when the kids are home from school. It really saves a lot of money as long as you don't fall prey to the "bargains". I don't think their wine prices are anything spectacular.

I spend most of this afternoon at the regular grocery store. We've started a ladies dinner club, and my turn to cook is this Wed. I'm doing a salad, pasta with fresh mozzarella, fresh spinach, basil and tomatoes and a killer Reese's PB chocolate cake. I think I will feel some love by the time I'm done cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting