Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Good for you, psr. Congrats!

Inspector Morse IS dead sexy (I said that in my best Fat B*stard voice).

Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
So my mom accused me of spending my money on drugs which apparently is why I never have any money left over after my paychecks.

Wouldn't be the spike in my insurance because I didn't provide proof of prior insurance in time, wouldn't be because I mismanage my money a bought a new pack of underarmor socks, some make up and a new pair of pants because I really don't have anything that fits, wouldn't be bill pay either,nor getting fast food.

ITS DRUGS.
Yep, her soon to be cop daughter who has always had high morals and never been into drugs is blowing her money one drugs.

Dumb b*tch is all I have to say.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Ugh I just popped my last bag of popcorn too...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Ugh I just popped my last bag of popcorn too...
Come on over. I've got some Orville Redenbacher I've been saving for a special occasion.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Orville Redenbacher is the only popcorn I buy. Truly. I won't eat microwave popcorn. I love popcorn but if I'm going to bite the bullet and eat it (not often), it must be OR, popped in oil, with real butter on it.

So....on another thread I asked this same question...I'll pose it to you all....If you won the lottery...how would your day to day life change (if at all)....?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

So....on another thread I asked this same question...I'll pose it to you all....If you won the lottery...how would your day to day life change (if at all)....?
My day to day life probably wouldn't change very much, except that I'd probably move back to Sydney. I moved to a country town just after retiring (early) five years ago because house prices here are half those of Sydney and so I had enough money left over to live on (hopefully, and relatively frugally) for the rest of my life. While I like it well enough here, most of my friends are in Sydney and it'd be nice to see them more often than is now the case.

My daughter's life would probably change more than mine, as I'd be able to help her and her SO buy a house and - if the lottery win was big enough - it would take the pressure off her having to maintain a career if/when she becomes a mother.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
If I won the lottery?

A large Bula in the Wasawa Islands in Fiji, stone farmhouse with central heating in a small bally in NorthernIreland, Wright-inspired cabin in Jenny Lake in Wyoming with a view of the Tetons, farm in the Amish country of Ohio, villa up in the hills overlooking the Italian Riviera, small apartment overlooking the Grand Canal in Venice.

A custom-outfitted Learjet 36 to ferry me and my family and all my friends as we circle the globe. Art deco decor.

One of the new four-door Porsches for DH, Classic 72 Pantera for moi.

And two big Fijians as bodyguards. Handsome men to say "Bula!" to me every morning.

And a private chef. Who travels with us.

Port hault sheets on the beds wherever we are.

Not that I've thought about it all that much.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Depends on how much I won. If I won something like power ball or mega millions I would put the money towards buying or continuing to rent a very nice place here. The housing costs are astronomical and I keep telling my mom "If only I had $7,000 a month for rent". Then I could spend me actual paycheck on things I like to do more so than bills. Also hire a cleaning lady to come twice a week and clean AND DO MY LAUNDRY. Maybe also pick up the $57 in dry cleaning I havent picked up in 3 weeks...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Hey Kobber! Yes, I've often thought I wouldn't really change my life THAT much...I'd buy a different house (not super extravagant but different) probably in the same area we're in now (or not too far - DS is still in HS and our friends are here). I don't THINK I would quit my job but it would be nice to work KNOWING that you were working simply because you wanted to not because you had to - and that if something happened to the job, you'd still be OK. I'd start retirement accounts for both my kids and travel (the helping family out and donating to various causes goes without saying....). I'm pretty much who I am though so I don't think I'd change much. But I'd be very comfortable in my travels. Very. And have super knowledgable tourguides.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Orville Redenbacher is the only popcorn I buy. Truly. I won't eat microwave popcorn. I love popcorn but if I'm going to bite the bullet and eat it (not often), it must be OR, popped in oil, with real butter on it.

Depends on how much I won.
I would move out, buy a nice little house somewhere with a view, just like a small 3 bedroom in town, and I wouldn't work I would quit my job. I would pay off my car. So my car would be paid off, my house would be paid off and I would only have a couple bills to pay.

I would rent out the rooms to my friends, for like 300 a piece and that would be my source of income every month, the house would have a walk out basement so that way I could fix it up as an apartment and rent that out to whoever for like 600 a month.

That way I wouldn't be dipping into the lottery money so much and would be able to live off it for awhile.

And I would do absolutely nothing, I'd go shopping, play some sports maybe but I would not work or go to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting