Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 05:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times

Advertisements

Good evening all...

DD just texted me to let me know she was coming home for the weekend! I know she was just home but it will be so nice to see her with no medical issues going on. That will be a nice birthday for me...

rkb - how goes it with the inlaws?

Hopes & Zimbo...just

Old 09-02-2011, 06:03 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I just finished cleaning all the bathrooms.
For real or "cleaning the bathrooms" like we all did the other day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Good evening all...

DD just texted me to let me know she was coming home for the weekend! I know she was just home but it will be so nice to see her with no medical issues going on. That will be a nice birthday for me...
That is a happy birthday, isn't it?

I've got boys down in the basement now playing who knows what, and I was just thinking how I'm going to miss that. Then again, omg they pound down the food. That I won't miss.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Good news, MM.

Anyone else here Mother Confessor? A friend just called. An hour on the phone listening to all her problems.

I'm going to start charging by the hour just for saying, "Yeah. Uh, huh. No. Yes. Really?"

She had to rush off. I hung up, looked at the phone, and said, "We're OK. Thank you for asking."

Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Wait a second. I thought everyone cleaned their bathrooms the other day.
Yeah... about that. I got the memo, but filed it somewhere. These bathrooms required serious work, so I need to be in the proper frame of mind. 4.5 done, 1 to go. I shudder to think how their bathrooms must look at school.

Speaking of which, middle called and said we missed a rent payment somewhere along the line. Not true, but the lease office wants a copy of all the checks by Monday. That would be Labor Day. PIMA. Shouldn't the office have to at least provide a month they claim wasn't paid? We just signed a new lease that began in July, and I already emailed them the copies of the checks for the summer.

DH is cranky, and now I am too. Boogers!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
I think everyone has a few of "those" friends Dew....

Mattie - in this home everyone cleans their own bathroom. When both kids lived at home they alternated on cleaning since they shared the bathroom. Now that it's just DS, it's his job.

Coop - you guys getting rain? I hear lots of thunder but that's it here so far. I'd be good with rain! Plus - DH is golfing tomorrow. Rain would make for some nice putting....

ETA - OK raining now. Hope DD hurries up and gets home (but driving safely of course)

Last edited by maciesmom; 09-02-2011 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
These bathrooms required serious work, so I need to be in the proper frame of mind. 4.5 done, 1 to go. I shudder to think how their bathrooms must look at school.

Speaking of which, middle called and said we missed a rent payment somewhere along the line. Not true, but the lease office wants a copy of all the checks by Monday. That would be Labor Day. PIMA. Shouldn't the office have to at least provide a month they claim wasn't paid? We just signed a new lease that began in July, and I already emailed them the copies of the checks for the summer.

DH is cranky, and now I am too. Boogers!
Ok. I am an American so I know I am bad at math, but if my extensive calculations are correct that means you have 5.5 bathrooms! Wow. We have 1, and is the ugliest and smallest bathroom that you can imagine. We have a total of 6 rooms in our house and that includes the bathroom. I can't imagine 5.5, or the upkeep that must take.

Sorry about the rent check issue. That sounds like a PITA. If their records are so great, why can't they narrow it down a bit at least.

ETA: Btw... You look amazing in the dress. Just WOW.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM

970 posts, read 2,212,700 times
It's time for me to get a flu shot again, but every time I have a weekday off I am so laaaaaazy and don't want to go to the doctor...

Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Good evening all...

rkb - how goes it with the inlaws?

Hopes & Zimbo...just
So many annoying little things... MIL randomly sets things down without thinking. She opens a soda, or worse an adult beverage of some kind, takes 2 sips, and forgets about it. I've already found a wadded up napkin on the back of the couch, her shoes on a kitchen bar stool. She sets her germ infested purse on the kitchen table. My clean house is now a disaster. On the bright side, she paid for dinner.

I'm glad you get to see DD for your b-day. Have a nice visit with her.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
oooooooo the dress! hot mama, Mattie!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,976 times
Let me take a poll here.

Comcast or DirecTV.

Personally I liked comcast so much more.
There was On Demand, I could watch my tv shows for free, free movies, the movies you rented were cheap and you could pause them, etc, watch them over again.
DirecTV has NONE of that. You can only watch a movie once. You have to wait for the time for it to play, so if it starts at 4 and its 3:45 you have to wait till 4 to watch it no matter when you buy it. You can only watch it once too. And it doesn't have the collection of tv shows you can watch for free.

I've been in bed all day puking and actually have been watching tv and I keep trying to think why in the world my mom would say this is so much better....

Anyways whats your preference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting