Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 09:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

DirecTV. Had a very bad customer service experience with Comcast a few years ago. I don't plan to ever go back.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Ok. I am an American so I know I am bad at math, but if my extensive calculations are correct that means you have 5.5 bathrooms! Wow. We have 1, and is the ugliest and smallest bathroom that you can imagine. We have a total of 6 rooms in our house and that includes the bathroom. I can't imagine 5.5, or the upkeep that must take.

Sorry about the rent check issue. That sounds like a PITA. If their records are so great, why can't they narrow it down a bit at least.

ETA: Btw... You look amazing in the dress. Just WOW.
I would seriously trade houses with you if I could. I have no use for this one. I want small and uncluttered at this stage. Almost all the houses around here have a bath per bedroom. Silly, I know. DH was talking about the improvements he wants to make to the house, and I looked at him like he was crazy. We can't sell for what we paid as it is.

I found the rent problem. They never cashed the check I mailed them in June. I am thinking they might have put it aside because I didn't realize I needed to pay at the new rate beginning in July, so I just sent a second check for the difference, which they did cash. I think I might have a battle on my hands tomorrow when they try to hit me for 3 months of late fees. Bring it on!

That was the closest I could do to a full length picture of "the dress". I hopefully knew what I was doing and set it to private per MM's advice. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:38 PM

970 posts, read 2,214,334 times
Comcast has the absolute worst customer service of any company that I have dealt with, ever. We had to call them 16 times for the SAME issue. They overcharge us every single month on our bill. Every. Single. Month. To fix it we have to spend either 2 hours on the phone or an hour online to fix it. The TV is glitchy, the internet is glitchy (and slow unless it's late at night). The equipment frequently breaks and has to be replaced, which involves waiting in line at their office and picking something up. If we are lucky they let us install it ourselves.

The ONLY reason we have Comcast is because that is our one option for TV and internet (besides dial up). We are not allowed to install a satellite dish.

As soon as we buy a house we are dumping Comcast and going to run to DirectTV. Way better customer service (my parents have them) and the signal NEVER goes out unless there is a massive windstorm. I swear if a truck drives by too loudly it will affect the Comcast...

Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
So many annoying little things... MIL randomly sets things down without thinking. She opens a soda, or worse an adult beverage of some kind, takes 2 sips, and forgets about it. I've already found a wadded up napkin on the back of the couch, her shoes on a kitchen bar stool. She sets her germ infested purse on the kitchen table. My clean house is now a disaster. On the bright side, she paid for dinner.

I'm glad you get to see DD for your b-day. Have a nice visit with her.
How old is MIL rbk? I am starting to see that my mother can't find anything after she puts it down either. I have to try and not make a big deal out of it, because she will then worry that she's losing her mind. It's enough that I worry about the same thing.

Sounds like you might be in for a loooong visit. Shoes on the bar stool? Ew.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM

MM I hope you had an extra special birthday tonight. It was lovely of your daughter to make the trip to celebrate with you.

(and yes, the boys are supposed to clean their own bathrooms, but their standards are low, very low)

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Mattie if you ever want bathrooms to clean I have two and a half that could use some of your elbow grease. :P

MM, I am happy that your birthday went well.

RK I wish you all the best with your inlaws.

Pass good to see you again! You haven't been around the boards lately...

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Can one of you Colorado CDMWR with plans this weekend adopt me into your family for a few days?

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because TG's family flew in and they're off on this wonderful week of activities and I never see my family, I don't have any family members my age or even remotely close and we never do anything like his family does and it makes me so depressed.
My mom said we aren't doing anything this weekend. We never do anything. I know money is tight for FFS we could go have a picnic and take the dog, or even maybe have a meal together ANYTHING.

And the worst part is TG's mom invited me out, but TG didn't even tell me, till like just now that his mom said I should come along. It sucks so bad.

So someone anyone please adopt me for the weekend....
I even had today and I have tomorrow and Sunday off from work.

I can't wait to get married and have kids do all this differently and get together all the time.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
MM - glad you got to spend your birthday with DD!

Txt - Comcast (reluctantly). We were going to get rid of TV, but keeping phone and internet, and threatening to forego TV made Comcast offer us cable for $9 a month.

Mattie - so true, all the houses around here are monstrous, and what is with the bathrooms? We also have too many, more than humans living here. If you want a small house around here you either have to live in the city, or buy a much older house in a not so great area.

Hi Pass!

Kibbie - I feel your pain.

MrsX - how's it going with the nosy biddy?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Can one of you Colorado CDMWR with plans this weekend adopt me into your family for a few days?

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because TG's family flew in and they're off on this wonderful week of activities and I never see my family, I don't have any family members my age or even remotely close and we never do anything like his family does and it makes me so depressed.
My mom said we aren't doing anything this weekend. We never do anything. I know money is tight for FFS we could go have a picnic and take the dog, or even maybe have a meal together ANYTHING.

And the worst part is TG's mom invited me out, but TG didn't even tell me, till like just now that his mom said I should come along. It sucks so bad.

So someone anyone please adopt me for the weekend....
I even had today and I have tomorrow and Sunday off from work.

I can't wait to get married and have kids do all this differently and get together all the time.
Txt - stop it! Be proactive. Why don't you make plans with your family? Suggest something you can all do. Offer to make a picnic, offer to make a meal, suggest a hike, just DO something instead of waiting for people to do it for you.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Txt - stop it! Be proactive. Why don't you make plans with your family? Suggest something you can all do. Offer to make a picnic, offer to make a meal, suggest a hike, just DO something instead of waiting for people to do it for you.
I did, I asked her tonight, my mom wants no part of it she could care less.
I have my mom and brother here. That's it, everyone else is so far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting