Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 11:04 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Hey all...

That's great Hopes, good for you. If any of you ever have any DIY questions, feel free to ask and MrFR will be happy to see if he can help. I'm very good at offering his services.

Speaking of houses, I just found one for rent at a ridiculously low price in our desired school catchment, we just went and drove by it - seems like it could use some work, hence the low rent. But in that neighborhood, it might just be worth it if we could get a longer term lease. It's a great house with a great garden, but pretty rundown inside from the look of the photos. I dunno, we'll see. I might be eating my words regarding doing renos while we live there - but I'm thinking if it's just small stuff it will be ok.

Glad you are all cooling off. I noticed some leaves falling today - weird, it's like clockwork - Sept and poof! falling leaves.

mm - good for you for not going in to the smelly old office today.

num - kudos to dd and you, too.

Aconite - words to live by woman, words to live by.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morning, Mrs. X! That was very nice of her! How are you feeling?

Believe it or not, there's a chance for another dusty night tonight. Ay, caramba!
I am doing well just getting tons of headaches and nasal pressure from being prego.

I am starting to believe you should get a huge house cover (like a car cover) for when you get these dusty nuisances.

JKcoop....mmmm bbq.

Next week Mr. X has a company bbq to attend and they are having a theme to it! The Oscars! They said Mr. X should come as Hugh Grant because of his floppy hair and accent. LOL cause he looks more like Morrissey than Hugh Grant!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 AM

Oh, I forgot - those threads about kids of today and how awful they are - and how awful we, the parents are - aaaaargh. They make me want to strangle people.

/vent.

Carry on.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I am doing well just getting tons of headaches and nasal pressure from being prego.

I am starting to believe you should get a huge house cover (like a car cover) for when you get these dusty nuisances.

JKcoop....mmmm bbq.

Next week Mr. X has a company bbq to attend and they are having a theme to it! The Oscars! They said Mr. X should come as Hugh Grant because of his floppy hair and accent. LOL cause he looks more like Morrissey than Hugh Grant!
Hi MrsX and coop.

Glad you are doing ok, MrsX.

Yes, Dew, you need a termite tent.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, Dew, you need a termite tent.
Exactly!! Good idea Mrs. X.

And as an added bonus you ladies wouldn't have to listen to me gripe and moan about cleaning up.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Dew-- a termite tarp would be great! Just one pull and clean up is a cinch!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Dew-- a termite tarp would be great! Just one pull and clean up is a cinch!
Yeah. And it would totally freak-out the HOA! I'm voting "yes" just to see them go nuclear, lol.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
rkb - was over in your part of town yesterday for a bit...DD and I went to The Tattered Cover then over to Aspen Grove for a bit....just to walk around a bit. Don't think she was quite ready to leave....
I love having Tattered Cover right there, especially with Boarders closing. Have you ever been to the French Market at Aspen Grove? Unique stuff.

Day 4 of 6 of the in-law visit. I think after about 3 days we're all sick of each other. Tonight we're grilling tri-tip. Tomorrow I have one of Zim's "planning meetings" in the morning then we'll go to the kids' school for lunch. I can last 2 more days, right?

Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Looks like the west coasters have all woken up. Good morning to you too!

Hopes, (and the experienced Dew) I am in awe. I would love to try tiling, however, DH and I DO NOT work well together. We learned this early in our marriage and have never deviated from the rule.

Coop, I hope there won't be any beets on that BBQ menu, for your sake. I love 'em. And,speaking of produce, I think peach season is really and truly over. I threw out all 6 that I bought this week. It's apple time.

I am listening to my radio go crazy with tornado warnings. We're finally getting some real rain, which is wonderful. Tornadoes, not so much. I keep an eye on the dogs. They seem to be able to sense when it's time to go down the basement. So far so good.

Today's project is junk drawer clean out, followed by making shrimp risotto for dinner.

Put your feet up and relax Mrs. X. Dr. Mattie's orders.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Hopes, glad you are making progress on the floor. Looks like a big job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting