Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Well, I have school this morning, and I'm sitting here on the computer instead of getting ready. I have to leave in 35 minutes. Haven't taken a shower yet. Hmmmmm......

Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Well, I have school this morning, and I'm sitting here on the computer instead of getting ready. I have to leave in 35 minutes. Haven't taken a shower yet. Hmmmmm......
Have a great day at school, Hopes! Let us know how it goes. I've been thinking about you.

Good luck Ewag! We don't start until Thurs, which is a good thing, as MissFR has a fever and is throwing up.

Zim - I'd be sad about my garden too. You can feel for the others who got it worse, but that doesn't mean that you can't be sad about your own garden. I get very attached to mine, so I understand how you feel. I'm very glad you and the Zims and the ZimAbode are OK though.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Oh, geeze. 15 minutes. I'm going to blow off my first two classes. I'll just go for my last class, the one with the little snot. I can't not show up for that one today of all days.

Hubby went back to work today. I'm sad about that. I really enjoyed having him around. We were talking about how much we haven't seen each other over the past 5 years. The first three years, I only saw him for an hour every night for dinner before he left for work at 8pm, 6 nights per week. I worked during the day and he woke up at 7pm for dinner and to get ready for work. The last two years weren't as bad. He was gone for 96 hours per week, but he was home for 3 entire days.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Fin - thank you . Sorry MissFR is under the weather , hope she feels better soon.

Hopes - good luck!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, geeze. 15 minutes. I'm going to blow off my first two classes. I'll just go for my last class, the one with the little snot. I can't not show up for that one today of all days.

Hubby went back to work today. I'm sad about that. I really enjoyed having him around. We were talking about how much we haven't seen each other over the past 5 years. The first three years, I only saw him for an hour every night for dinner before he left for work at 8pm, 6 nights per week. I worked during the day and he woke up at 7pm for dinner and to get ready for work. The last two years weren't as bad. He was gone for 96 hours per week, but he was home for 3 entire days.
You better go to school young lady. If I hear about you skipping school, I am going to tell your father when he gets home.

Zim-sorry to hear about your garden. I know it probably doesn't sound like much to some, but gardens are personal things. They take time, love, patience (a lot like kids). A loss is a loss no matter how big or small.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,197,834 times
Good morning! My house is finally quiet. A mess, but quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Here is a question for you all. Do you try to keep visits with your family and your spouses family fairly even? Are you successful at keeping them even?
Not a chance. I arrange interactions with my half, and he's responsible for his. Needless to say, the kids actually have relatives on Mr. Aconite's side they've never met. In his defense, though, I have more family, and they're all within a couple hours' drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The one consolation to spending so much quality time in the basement today was that I found DD's missing American Girl Doll. The down-side was I think she was hiding out down there intentionally as someone had given her an awful haircut! It's really hard to find a good stylist these days.
You can send her back to the company for repairs, IIRC.

Hopes: Towanda!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
You can send her back to the company for repairs, IIRC.
I believe so. I think I may let DD sweat it out a bit first though, I don't want her to know there's an easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Hopes: Towanda!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
I believe so. I think I may let DD sweat it out a bit first though, I don't want her to know there's an easy fix.
Oh, what a cruel and evil Mommy you are.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Ewag - thanks. To be honest I'm a bit embarassed to have mentioned my garden looking at all the damage reported this morning. Good luck to LSEwag this morning. [/url]
Aw, not at all. It's ok to be grateful damage wasn't worse and still mourn your garden! But I hear where you're coming from - it's like my silly carpet - not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but still not a happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Good luck Ewag! We don't start until Thurs, which is a good thing, as MissFR has a fever and is throwing up.
Oh no! Poor Miss FR! Hope she feels better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
You better go to school young lady. If I hear about you skipping school, I am going to tell your father when he gets home.
Haha! You beat me to it, num! I was going to say the same thing! Good luck, Hopes - remember: you're a CDMWR and you don't take any poopy!

Quote:
I like your style, Zim, I like your style!

So, LSE did great with drop off - the teacher comes and gets the kiddos from the car and he hopped right out, all smiles! I haven't gotten a call saying he's screaming bloody murder, so I'm assuming he's doing great. It's amazing what one can do on one's own in 2 1/2 hours - I already ran errands, returned emails, had a leisurely cup of coffee...it has been glorious! And the best part is that I didn't even cry. I still can't believe he's at his first day of school. Sigh.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I know *insert sinister laugh here*

Legend has it she was only trying to release a comb that was stuck in the doll's hair .

I have a reputation to maintain!

I don't think I mentioned this story, we seemed to have a bunch of kids over for playdates last week. One boy lost his cool over something inconsequential, picked up a shoe and smacked DS across the face with all his strength. I initially though DS had broken some bones. Let's just say I don't think the kid will ever forget this crazy Zim woman going all lachrymose on his azz! He asked to come back a few days later, so I'm not sure that I scared him quite enough. He was VERY well behaved though .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.