Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, geeze. 15 minutes. I'm going to blow off my first two classes. I'll just go for my last class, the one with the little snot. I can't not show up for that one today of all days.

Hubby went back to work today. I'm sad about that. I really enjoyed having him around. We were talking about how much we haven't seen each other over the past 5 years. The first three years, I only saw him for an hour every night for dinner before he left for work at 8pm, 6 nights per week. I worked during the day and he woke up at 7pm for dinner and to get ready for work. The last two years weren't as bad. He was gone for 96 hours per week, but he was home for 3 entire days.
Kids these days...

Hopefully your new schedule will be better than in the past. Sounds like it was difficult before.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Morning all.

You know, Zim, he probably respects you for laying down the law and going all lachrymose on him. Nice day here so far. I actually have the kitchen window open. That's a big deal. Maybe we are getting to Fall too.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:28 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I know *insert sinister laugh here*

Legend has it she was only trying to release a comb that was stuck in the doll's hair .

I have a reputation to maintain!

I don't think I mentioned this story, we seemed to have a bunch of kids over for playdates last week. One boy lost his cool over something inconsequential, picked up a shoe and smacked DS across the face with all his strength. I initially though DS had broken some bones. Let's just say I don't think the kid will ever forget this crazy Zim woman going all lachrymose on his azz! He asked to come back a few days later, so I'm not sure that I scared him quite enough. He was VERY well behaved though .
Are you freakin serious?? I would have lost my mind! LOL at going lachrymose on him. Good thing for him that's all you did. Who hits someone in the face with a shoe, for gawd's sake?

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Kids these days...
LOL....between texting at the table and skipping class....I don't know....

Happy Monday...er...Tuesday to all.....really really not in the mood to go to work. I'll be fine once I'm there...it's the getting there that I struggle with....

Cool and overcast today....looks/feels like it could rain...which would be good.

Good for LSE! And good for you ewag for enjoying your time....it is amazing how much can be done in a short amount of time when you aren't having to "mommy" isn't it? Enjoy it while you can!

Zimbo - good for you for making DD wait on the doll fix. Nothing in the world wrong with that...and yes OMG about the shoe in the face. Seriously?

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Happy 6th birthday to my youngest today! When I was in the hospital after his birth Hurricane Katrina was the big news.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Happy Birthday Little Kibbie Dude!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Happy Birthday to your DS rkb! I remember that weekend well...we were up in Steamboat Springs watching it on the news....horrible (Katrina not your DS's birth...LOL)

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are you freakin serious?? I would have lost my mind! LOL at going lachrymose on him. Good thing for him that's all you did. Who hits someone in the face with a shoe, for gawd's sake?
8/9/10 year-old boys = zero impulse control

Actually I would rather the group of friends try out all their ridiculously bad behaviour and poor choices on one-another rather than on the special snowflakes. Most of DS's friends parents are on the same wavelength.

Quote:
Happy 6th birthday to my youngest today! When I was in the hospital after his birth Hurricane Katrina was the big news.
Happy Birthday to YoungestKibbie!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Happy Monday...er...Tuesday to all.....

Good for LSE! And good for you ewag for enjoying your time....it is amazing how much can be done in a short amount of time when you aren't having to "mommy" isn't it? Enjoy it while you can!
Ha - I totally wished everyone a happy Monday, didn't I? Sigh. Someday my brain will return to me...

Thanks re: LSE - I'm so pleased!

Quote:
Happy 6th birthday to my youngest today!
Happy birthday, littlest Kibbie!

ZIm: A shoe to the face? WTFalafel??

Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Morning all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
DS woke up an hour and a half early this morning, which was not an auspicious start to the day.
I bet he was excited! And it sounds like he's doing fine since you haven't heard otherwise.

Quote:
Ewag - thanks. To be honest I'm a bit embarassed to have mentioned my garden looking at all the damage reported this morning. Good luck to LSEwag this morning.

Coop - I hope everything is looking up in your casa today?
Zim - I agree with others - there is nothing wrong with feeling bad about your garden. I can't imagine how devastated I would be if I lost mine.

Things are better in our casa - as DH has left town. He can be grouchy with his sales guy. I know he was just dreading this week though. I'd be grouchy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
We don't start until Thurs, which is a good thing, as MissFR has a fever and is throwing up.
Poor thing -

Did I ever tell you guys I have a serious vomiting phobia? Serious.

Quote:
I
I don't think I mentioned this story, we seemed to have a bunch of kids over for playdates last week. One boy lost his cool over something inconsequential, picked up a shoe and smacked DS across the face with all his strength. I initially though DS had broken some bones. Let's just say I don't think the kid will ever forget this crazy Zim woman going all lachrymose on his azz! He asked to come back a few days later, so I'm not sure that I scared him quite enough. He was VERY well behaved though .

Quote:
Happy b'day youngest! Funny how you remember exactly what was going on when giving birth. For us it was an ice storm (lived in Dallas at the time).

Quote:
8/9/10 year-old boys = zero impulse control
This made me laugh because the stories I've got from when DS was in elementary and his temper.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.