Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:38 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,414,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
So having met Mom A wouldn't have made any difference, since Mom B was supposed to pick up, right? So is your anger directed at Mom A or Mom B? Yes, What Mom B did was wrong. I'm with you watching to make sure the kid gets inside safe and all. I wonder why Mom B didn't apparently know that she was supposed to pick up 3 not 1 girl.

I don't understand either why Momb didn't know she was picking up 3 girls, but when she realized that, she should have been proactive in doing something, like make two trips to get them, or stay with them until another parent came, or something, anything other than just drive off. That's just plain unacceptable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
After all at this point you are assuming a lot. Who knows? Maybe the girls told that parent you were picking them up, so they could go out with some older boys...maybe only one showed up, so the friend went with him, or maybe your daughter did not like the whole situation, but does not want to get her friend in trouble. I have had three teenage daughters, and sometimes they don't always tell Mom what is going on. I had two step daughters who were whose parents were very strict so they just lied to them all the time, about everything, so they would not get in trouble. It was an interesting dynamic, because my daughter never lied to me, and yet would get caught up in their drama...

Wait and see...you may not even get the whole story if your daughter is afraid of getting into trouble from you if she does tell the truth...something to think about.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,743,865 times
Knowing the taxi number and some extra cash sounds like a good idea. Things have definitely changed in recent years; now it's tough to even find a pay phone. I remember calling home from a mall on one of those in years past. You're right that not all adults are responsible, but at least you can take some comfort in knowing that you've raised a responsible daughter.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
It sounds like your dd did the right thing. It is confusing that two moms were involved. Did Mom A not communicate that Mom B was to pick up three girls? Mom B certainly did the wrong thing leaving two girls alone without knowing they had a ride home. What happened to the other girl who was left?

Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,473,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What happened was this---

dd went to the mall with 2 other girls. Mom A took the girls to the mall, Mom B was supposed to pick them up.

Well, MomB came to pick them up---that's 3 girls altogether, but she had other people in the car and only room for her daughter, so she just left my dd and the other girl there. didn't even bother to ask if they had a way home, didn't bother to ask if they had a cell phone, just drove off.

But in your original post, you said:

We got a call almost 9:30 pm from frantic DD, alone at the mall, the girls had run off and left her

and

I assumed if they took her, they would return her.

and

You pick up a child you take responsibility for her, you don't run off and leave her. I don't care what you thought, I don't care if your girls told you she left, they couldn't find her, etc, YOU were RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CHILD If somehow you couldn't find her, you should have located us somehow

and

Even if this woman didn't have our cell, her dd had our name, and obviously they knew where we lived, they came here and picked her up, they should have come by here and said they couldn't locate her, anything but leave her stranded in the mall!

and now you're saying there was a third parent involved who was supposed to pick them all up but left your daughter and another child behind because of no room in the car.

I'm just confused now as to what actually happened.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
did you ever talk to Mom B before your daughter left? For all we know, Mom B didn't know she was picking up all 3 girls. You daughter either did the right thing by calling home or she lied about arrangements for a ride in the first place.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,918,281 times
What happened to the other girl? Was your DD with her in the mall after mom B picked up the one? I'm confused, as you stated earlier that your DD was alone in the mall, yet the other girl wasn't picked up either...?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ok, I'm spitting mad!

Many on this board have accused me of being too protective, domineering, etc. I disagree.

with a 13 year old daughter, I feel its my RESPONSIBILITY to know where she's at and who she's with. I don't care what others think, those are MY RULES

So now, flame me for this!

I will find this woman and give her my opinion on her treatment of my child---she will not like what she will hear!
So WTF are you so mad this board? Get a grip, lady and quit looking here for validation. Jeez.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
It sounds like your dd did the right thing. It is confusing that two moms were involved. Did Mom A not communicate that Mom B was to pick up three girls? Mom B certainly did the wrong thing leaving two girls alone without knowing they had a ride home. What happened to the other girl who was left?
The other girl who was left my dh brought home when he picked up dd.

I don't know what the communication was between MomA and Momb, I didn't even know two parents were involved. I thought MomA was doing all the dropping off and picking up. That's why I usually insist on knowing the "game plan" not because I don't trust my dd, I don't pick apart her every move because I think she's sneaking around on me, its just that I am her MOTHER. I want to be included in the loop, just in case something goes wrong.

I can just see what others would say to me if I did such a thing.

I didn't make a big fuss when dd came home tonight, other than to get the whole story. Now she's beginning to realize, I'm not trying to ruin her fun or clip her wings, I just want to make sure she's safely growing towards adulthood.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
So WTF are you so mad this board? Get a grip, lady and quit looking here for validation. Jeez.

Hey, when did I say I was mad at this board? I said I was mad at the situation----you're the one who needs to get a grip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting