Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,851 times

Advertisements

*OK this may be a vent more than anything else so be warned*

So I was in between houses for about 2 weeks waiting on my new house to be ready to be moved into. In that time my bf and I were staying with his mom. My washer and dryer and my bedroom suite was in my moms garage because we thought it would be easier since she only stays about a quarter mile from my new house.

Ok so to the drama. We moved into the new house friday the first. My mom knew this was the date ever since the stuff was put in her garage. I called her Saturday and said I just wanna make sure your home because we're going to come get the stuff. So she flips out and was like no your not doing it on your time your gonna do it on mine. Cane (my moms rather large mean dog) is in the backyard and Billy (moms husband) is about to leave so there is no one to control him. So I ask her can they tie him to a tree or something because this is the only time we are gonna have a truck to move the stuff. And she says no. I ask her when she is gonna allow me to get it and she says next weekend! WTH? So what am I supposed to do in the mean time? Sleep on the floor? Im 6 months pregnant!

So I drive over there and knock on the door. She comes to the door and I step inside and say im not leaving until I get my stuff. She starts screaming at me telling me to leave. So here comes her husband. He runs upstairs and doesnt say anything just grab me in a bear hug type of grab around my stomach and starts carrying me outside. The way hes grabbing me around the stomach hurts so I start screaming at him to get off of me. He throws me on the ground and goes inside.

This next part I'll admit I was in the wrong but I was SO MAD at this point. I pick up a lawn chair and hit the front window with it. It doesnt break or anything but I guess this upsets him enough for him to come outside. When he comes out he says "Ima lay you out on this ground" So my best friend who stay 2 houses down from my moms house hears me and walks down there. When I see her I tell her to call the police cus he put his hands on me.

So she just walks up there and he repeats himself, "Ima lay you out" and I look at him and say "If you touch me again i'll be sure T (My bf) will make you regret the day you were born". So he comes up to me and says oh yeah and right hooks me. I am serious you guys. This 50 yr old man hits a 20 year old pregnant girl like im a man. So my bestfriend runs up to him and yells whats wrong with you? Shes pregnant! So he proceeds to starts hitting her. Shes fighting back but obviously come on shes gonna lose. So I run up behind him and grab his arm to get him off of her. He turns around and hits me in my stomach! So at this point I scream for someone to call the police.

He goes back into the house and im crying so hard at this point and just scream your going to jail! So we call the police and theyre on the way. He realizes hes gonna go to jail so he leaves and starts walkng down the street. The police get there at the same time the ambulance gets there so I go to the medic first to make sure that my baby is ok. All I hear is my mom crying and saying she hit him first. WHAT???

So I tell the police my side and of course they issue a warrant for his arrest with 2 counts of felonious (sp?) assault. He's a convicted 6 time felon so hes gonna do time.

Point of the story is MY MOM IS MAD AT ME! Wth?? Regardless of what I did YOU DONT HIT A WOMAN. Much less one thats pregnant in her stomach.

I had to go to the hospital because I was having contractions but thank god they stopped them and the baby is fine. But im so heartbroken how could my mom take his side? Im her only daughter and this is her first grandbaby.

Do you think she'll get over it and IF she does should I even forgeive her?

Sorry this was so long.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Why would you want to forgive your mom and be apart of her craziness? She clearly chose your 'stepfather' over you by allowing the man to hit you while pregnant. I would run, run, run not walk away from your family. Regardless of what your part was in this whole debacle a man should never ever lay his hands on you. I would see the charges through and never speak to my mother again. I could not forgive her and I would not have my child around her.

BTW Mod why is this in the parenting forum? Just curious...

Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,673,430 times
whatever you do, dont drop the charges.

mom needs better taste in men.

get your stuff and enjoy your new life - without the beast and mom (assuming she doesnt get over it)

you were 100% in the right, and id have called long before it got to that point.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Why would you want to forgive your mom and be apart of her craziness? She clearly chose your 'stepfather' over you by allowing the man to hit you while pregnant. I would run, run, run not walk away from your family. Regardless of what your part was in this whole debacle a man should never ever lay his hands on you. I would see the charges through and never speak to my mother again. I could not forgive her and I would not have my child around her.

BTW Mod why is this in the parenting forum? Just curious...

Me and my mom were always very close. And it hurts that she wont be by my side through the rest of my pregnancy but I totally agree with you.

And I put it in the parenting forum because I wanted other parents views.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Me and my mom were always very close. And it hurts that she wont be by my side through the rest of my pregnancy but I totally agree with you.

I wrote a long reply but I have to tell you, you need to view life without her regardless of how close you were. If I were in your shoes, my life and well being of me and my family mean more to me than my mother and her 'husband'.

It is going to be hard and a long road but you do not have to put up with her and his actions. Nor would I allow my child to partake in that lifestyle.

I suggest you seek counseling and keep up with the charges.

I wish you all the best.

Mrs. X

Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,673,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post

as a mom to two, i would not tolerate behavior like that. and ill assume his other convictions were for violence of some sort? probably a safe assumption...

sometimes, as much as it hurts, we have to make the choice the rid ourselves from negative and toxic people. Perhaps you can explain (even if just by a letter) to your mom that when she is in a better place, she is welcome back in your life. but as long as she is married to that asswipe, then you must cut all ties. this places the choice on her.

I wouldnt be surprised if she is abused by this man as well.

you take care of YOU and YOUR BABY. that is the MOST important thing.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
as a mom to two, i would not tolerate behavior like that. and ill assume his other convictions were for violence of some sort? probably a safe assumption...

sometimes, as much as it hurts, we have to make the choice the rid ourselves from negative and toxic people. Perhaps you can explain (even if just by a letter) to your mom that when she is in a better place, she is welcome back in your life. but as long as she is married to that asswipe, then you must cut all ties. this places the choice on her.

Wish I could rep you again!

Read the book Toxic Parents! It will put things in perspective.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

I agree. I cannot fathom being with a man who would punch a pregnant woman in the stomach, let alone sticking by him. There is no excuse for that ever--EVER. As long as she chooses that man over you or excuses that behavior, I would not allow her in my life. Take your stuff and don't turn to her for anything.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM

268 posts, read 703,822 times
What happened to the puppy you had? isnt your Mom taking care of him?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee 42 View Post
What happened to the puppy you had? isnt your Mom taking care of him?

No luckily I got Queen back on Friday when we got the new house. This whole thing happened the next day Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting