Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You must have never grown up with many boys then, because this sort of stupid stuff is pretty typical among them. Is it right to do? No it's not, but i think people are blowing it out of proportion by linking them to being future rapists over it.
I grew up with plenty of boys. I have four brothers. None of them would have done something so perverted. Yes, I think these boys have the potential to be future rapists. They forcably held someone down then rubbed their bare butts and gentials into their faces. That is NOT a prank. That is an assault. It's an act of dominance intended to humiliate the victim. Which is what rape is. Like rape, it shows no consideration for the victim as a human being. If this is how they treat others, they need to be watched very carefully for a very long time and locked up the second they step out of line.

They are sick. They need to be watched and our kids need to be protected from them.

Seriously, if several teens held you down, pulled down their pants and took turns rubbing their naked butts and genitals in your face, would you get up, laugh it off and say it was a prank? Or would you call the police and report an assault?

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 08-04-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,498,785 times
If those kids thought it was ok to do that to them
they would not have to be held down,
and they would have said ... do it again I like it ! ! !

Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,498,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
2 N.J. teens labeled sex offenders for life after 'horseplay' incident | NJ.com

Basically, two 14 year old boys stuck their bare butts on two 12 year old boys faces while joking around. The boys have been charged and found guily of criminal sexual contact, which under Megan's Law requires them to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives with all the consequences that goes with that.

My personal take is that this is ridiculous. Anyone whose been in a locker room, frat house, party, whatever has seen this happen. Heck, this is a common sibling prank. Drop the pants, butt in face of restrained or unsuspecting person, fart, hillarity ensues. There are thousands of pictures online and YouTube videos showing this exact thing.

Everytime we pass an "*insert vitcims name here* law" there are always unintended consequences, in this case two boys will be labelled as sex offenders for life over nothing more than a teenage prank.

I could understand considering this bullying and punishing for that, but to be charged with a sex crime and labelled a sex offender, ridiculous.

Would you feel and say the same thing if those same boys
did the same thing to your daughter ? ? ?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,921 times
Let's pretend male adults pinned those bullies for the same "horseplay." Now suddenly, we are talking about a crime?...or is it still "horseplay?" What if those bullies pinned down a girl...still "horseplay?" OP, Where do we draw the line?

In my opinion, the OP is way off! Now matter the participant, its not funny or even close to horseplay...genitals in someone's face is disgusting, demeaning and perverted. I have NEVER thought to myself, "Boy, I would love to place my balls on that person's face." This was an abusive act!

Here's my reasoning. In my youth, I was picked on too, but I fought back. Until I fought back, my bully made my 7th grade year very very uncomfortable. Guess what, I do not look back at that time period as "horseplay"...and he did not place balls in my face. Luckily for me, I grew so now I am a very big man, my bully would crap his pants today...but thank god for genetics. What about those kids not so lucky? Those, who are meek, in puberty learning to be a man, very vulnerable. I know many other kids that were picked pretty severely and could not fight back. I bet that kid in our story was one of those kids because I know bullies, they pick on the defenseless, which is very coward like. My final point, kids today do fight back...sometimes shooting everyone in the school. Bullying has to stop!

I do believe those bullies should get something. Sexual assault registation is a step in the right direction but too strong. They should be charged with something...assault? At a minimum, the bullies should have counseling for the remainder of their school career. They must be trained to understand the effects of their selfish perverted act. Most importantly, we have learned that bullies are also victims, maybe at home or in the neighbor. Counseling could stop the cycle of abuse.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 AM

55 posts, read 227,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How would you feel if someone did this to your 12 year old? Against his wishes?

I think "sex offender" goes too far but just because a lot of stupid kids do it doesn't mean it's acceptable. And as far as "sibling prank" goes: I raised 3 sons. If I had seen them try this on one another I'd have blown a fuse. One of our rules was you respect your brother because he is a human being. You do nothing to degrade your brother. You do nothing to degrade any human being because that takes YOU down a few notches.
Perhaps wait a few years then ask your children if they ever did anything or laughed at any such thing while growing up!
I, too raised teens and had several siblings to include 7 brothers and, yes, I have heard of the butt in face issue on numerous occasions even Christian/Private school children. Do you seriously think a lot of law makers have NOT done this themselves or similar to it? How many judges have done worse? We as a country need to rethink the consequences for punishments not only the punishment itself.

Of course it was not nice what happened but, seriously....has these other 2 EVER done anything near this or thought or laughed about it? Have they mooned anyone? Have they laughed in a crowd at others actions/reactions to things not nice to others?
I believe in and raised my children also to the "do unto others as you would want them to do unto you", "do not lower yourself to others standards".....however, I know there is times where teens do not think before their actions, it is all about "learning" and growing and this is way too far of a punishment!

For those that believe in spankings being ok:
How about an old fashioned bare bottom spanking for the boy that did it in front of the others?
For us that do not believe in spankings:
How about a formal public apology and grounded with teachings during the grounding time as to why it was so wrong? etc, etc.....too many other ways to punish instead of RUINING another life because of such a silly and mean prank.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,486 times
Good, book em danno

Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernflfolk View Post
Perhaps wait a few years then ask your children if they ever did anything or laughed at any such thing while growing up!
I recently discussed this very subject with them. (Though not this particular post.) They all said they knew there were limits to their hi-jinks because they knew they'd have a higher authority to answer to. Greater than the police. Greater than a judge. Greater than having their name on a registry.

The wrath of their parental units descending upon them.

We all had a good laugh. And we all agreed that as horrid as Mom and Dad's wrath (which wasn't beating or spanking, BTW) was they REALLY didn't want to face their grandfathers and have to confess to doing anything like this. (Old-fashioned values I guess. They've worked for us. )

Does that mean they are perfect? Goodness, no. But children CAN be raised to WANT to be good people. Not the town goof-ups.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-04-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 AM

55 posts, read 227,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What exactly would the punishment be under a bullying statute?

Nothing.

I really find the act of shoving your bare a@@ into someone else's face to be fairly eggregious. Any 14 year old with half a brain should know this is completely unacceptable.

Obviously, the two older boys think they can get by with this. I agree with the punishment and maybe it will deter others who have the same sick idea. I agree with the poster who wonders what these two will be capable of at 16, 18, or 21 if they are allowed to continue unchecked.

I have a son and am absolutely NOT buying the 'boys will be boy's sentiment. Many types of assaults have been justified with the good ole 'boys will be boys' argument. I can assure you that 90% of normal teen-age boys are not forcibly shoving their bare ass into a younger kids face. At least not in my neck of the woods.

Yuck. I'm wondering about the standards of the boys' parents as well. What are they teaching these kids?
I agree with you for some of this but I do not agree on the fact that Any 14 year old with half a brain should know this is completely unacceptable. I bet you that your son has heard of this and worse unfortunately!
For quite some time even within the past few years I have heard of boys AND girls, yes GIRLS doing the what teens call "BROWN NOSING" each other at parties, sleep overs, etc..
The kids pull their pants down and place their bare butts in the others face and then other(s) tickle their noses to wake them and they jump up to find their face in someone else nasty behind!!
We, as a society, (my children are grown, I have 4 granddaughters-2 being older teens), need to teach and "be there" more for children and let them know that even though long ago things like this happened, too (after all, they didn't get these ideas out of nowhere) that things that hurt others, not only physically but, emotionally, can have aftermaths that lead to some that grow into mass murderers, rapists, revenge of the worse kinds, etc. and, that we need to remember that "CHILDREN ARE CHILDREN" and they need to be treated like such until of adult age and not try to force them to learn at the rate they do now. I feel too many children know way too much now compared to years ago and that is why some folks consider a 14 year old a "pervert"! Doing something perverted" is not BEING "a pervert"! It would be "acts of perversion".
Mentors, volunteers, better parental teachings and, more counseling that is "given" to a child not asked by the parent for permission (since some parents do not care etc, etc when it is needed would be helpful in the long run for today's society.
With the social media and cell phones, etc (new technology) now is the only reason we hear more about these things happening. It is not anything new, unfortunately!!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If those kids thought it was ok to do that to them
they would not have to be held down,
and they would have said ... do it again I like it ! ! !
ITA! The victims here did not think it was ok and that makes it not ok!

Old 08-04-2012, 04:56 PM

885 posts, read 1,882,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I grew up with plenty of boys. I have four brothers. None of them would have done something so perverted. Yes, I think these boys have the potential to be future rapists. They forcably held someone down then rubbed their bare butts and gentials into their faces. That is NOT a prank. That is an assault. It's an act of dominance intended to humiliate the victim. Which is what rape is. Like rape, it shows no consideration for the victim as a human being. If this is how they treat others, they need to be watched very carefully for a very long time and locked up the second they step out of line.

They are sick. They need to be watched and our kids need to be protected from them.

Seriously, if several teens held you down, pulled down their pants and took turns rubbing their naked butts and genitals in your face, would you get up, laugh it off and say it was a prank? Or would you call the police and report an assault?
Absolutely.

I'm a boy, I grew up playing with other boys everyday of my life, made it through boy scout camp and still hang out with guys everyday.

Did I ever drag my balls across a kid face who was 2 years younger than me? NOPE!

Did ANY boy that I've ever known do this? Never.

The people who are saying "boys will be boys" are just ridiculous. This is how sandusky got away with raping children. This kind of thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting