Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 10:18 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Loved, loved, loved the Dragon Tattoo books.

I was thinking about renting the original movie, but have never done very well with subtitles. Did they get in the way of concentrating on the action Zim?

Celebrating 30 years of (mostly) wedded bliss today. Dinner out tonight. Maybe a nap beforehand.

Congrats Mattie! Have a lovely nap/dinner!

My DH is dyslexic, and hates subtitles, but he really enjoyed the movie. Subtitles don't bother me. You are correct, there is enough action to not worry about the subtitles especially as you know the story, although I had to explain to DH a few times some of the intricacies of the investigation, although all questions are answered in the end anyway.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Hi CDMWR!

Julia- I'm sorry about my contributions to the inappropriate stuff.

Kibbie - Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps a bon-bon would help?

Zim - Thanks for setting up the new group!

Mattie - Happy Anniversary! 30 years - that's awesome!

Mrs X - Still thinking of you.

So we're home sick today - well, LSE is sick, I'm just sleep-deprived and contracting. Another one of those womanhood mysteries: why contractions tend to happen during hours one could be sleeping and why the days before delivery are the most sleep-deprived when you need sleep the most. We actually started timing them last night, they were getting that close (but no cigar!). Having been induced with LSE, I am at a bit of a loss on what going into labor on one's own feels like. Ah, the adventures never end!! But if these are the least of my worries, than I'm counting myself lucky! We are getting super excited, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
What is the Parenting Chat Thread for?
Chit-chat, small talk, and other silliness mainly. It's nice to check in to see how everyone's doing and have a place where there's no topic to stay on topic with! Feel free to jump in. ETA: Oops - just realized Dew already covered this!

Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Ewag - sorry you are feeling miserable. It certainly sounds like LME will be arriving soon.

When I was pregnant with my DS, my water broke 10 days early. He was born with his one arm up, so he pretty much ruptured the membranes. It's the standing joke that he couldn't wait any longer, and was trying to climb out of there himself.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
So we're home sick today - well, LSE is sick, I'm just sleep-deprived and contracting. Another one of those womanhood mysteries: why contractions tend to happen during hours one could be sleeping and why the days before delivery are the most sleep-deprived when you need sleep the most. We actually started timing them last night, they were getting that close (but no cigar!). Having been induced with LSE, I am at a bit of a loss on what going into labor on one's own feels like. Ah, the adventures never end!! But if these are the least of my worries, than I'm counting myself lucky! We are getting super excited, though!
Sounds like you're getting close!

I started getting contractions at about 3am with my youngest. I got out of bed and my water broke. I thought I peed my pants! lol. I should have gone back to sleep but was too excited. I was soooo tired towards the end of my labor. Everyone around me was snoozing and I wanted to kick them all out of the room. In retrospect, I should have.

Excited for you! It's great having a baby in the house again. So much cuteness.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ewag - sorry you are feeling miserable. It certainly sounds like LME will be arriving soon.

When I was pregnant with my DS, my water broke 10 days early. He was born with his one arm up, so he pretty much ruptured the membranes. It's the standing joke that he couldn't wait any longer, and was trying to climb out of there himself.
Hahaha! That's a GREAT story! Although, I imagine the experience wasn't so much fun for you!

We had the opposite thing with LSE, where I think he'd still be comfortably in utero if he hadn't been forced out!

All of the differences between pregnancies and people's different experiences with pregnancy/delivery really have me thinking about how amazing it is that our bodies are able do this (and have done this for generation upon generation). It truly is amazing.

And on that note, I need to go get the monkey aka LSE down from the top of the TV stand, where he now can reach up to the shelves above the TV to pick out his own movies to watch. And then set up the BluRay. Thank god for furniture straps. Now if only I had a second set of eyes...

Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Sounds like you're getting close!

I started getting contractions at about 3am with my youngest. I got out of bed and my water broke. I thought I peed my pants! lol. I should have gone back to sleep but was too excited. I was soooo tired towards the end of my labor. Everyone around me was snoozing and I wanted to kick them all out of the room. In retrospect, I should have.

Excited for you! It's great having a baby in the house again. So much cuteness.
Aw, thanks Dorthy! We are so excited - it is amazing how much one forgets even in the 3 years since our son was born! Haha re: water breaking and being too excited to sleep! I keep waiting, but I think it's one of those "watched pot never boils" things.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Julia- I'm sorry about my contributions to the inappropriate stuff.
Me too. I'm putting myself in a time-out.

Thinking of you Ewag and you too Mrs. X. Hugs and prayers that all will be well.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:43 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,959,417 times
FYI--I can read the posts on CDMWR--am not a member--but cannot post

Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
FYI--I can read the posts on CDMWR--am not a member--but cannot post
Thanks. It's work in progress.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Remember the giant chicken blog? Here's another gem from her (lots of bad words herein!):

Victor refuses to open anything addressed to me anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting