Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
OMG HELP. My head's gonna explode.

(not equivalent to your head explosions, num).
Aww Fin. What's going on?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
The thread which shall not be named I'd guess.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:01 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Aww Fin. What's going on?
Nothing. It's my own fault. I'm getting overly emotionally invested in that thread. I should stop now.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Quote:
Nothing. It's my own fault. I'm getting overly emotionally invested in that thread. I should stop now.
Nah, don't blame you - that's some shifty stuff going on over there!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:06 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,056,680 times
Quote:
OMG HELP. My head's gonna explode.

(not equivalent to your head explosions, num).
Let her rant to empty cyberspace. It's not worth the stress! We all know why we have made the choices we've made, and neither one of them is ever going to change her mind.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Oh Nummy hope everything works out and its not permanent!

Fin feel better!

FOCAL- good news about the car.

Now I will pass out my virtual red velvet bon bons.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,198,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Hi all....
This is venting.

Need to get perspective on the constant school money/donating/fundraising thing......It is driving me batty. It gets to me every year.

First, lemme say that we pay almost $12K in tuition for both kids to go to private school, which is our choice. Not bragging, that is a lot of money to us (and maybe it's a bargain by private school standards, IDK), but I want it to be made clear that we are paying tuition. I am not rolling in moola, and writing those tuition checks is hard.

SO this year, end of September, this is what we have so far:

--Both kids with the catalogs full of goodies they are supposed to sell as a school fundraiser. Chocolates, magazines, coffees, etc. I HATE THESE WITH A PASSION. I personally do not like the idea of kids going door to door trying to sell things. I hated it when I was a kid; I don't want to put my kids through that.

--Ditto the above only Cub Scout popcorn.

--Food drive that the upper grades are doing. I donated 10 cans of stuff for each kid. Today DS comes home and tells me that isn't enough; he needs to bring in 12 more cans so the middle schoolers can make their goal. Look, that is a great cause, the food pantry. But, geez, I already donated $25 worth of food. We gotta eat too, ya know?

--$150 to cover various upcoming field trips (including one overnight trip).

--Teacher appreciation that I am supposed to do for the preschool once a month.

--Already we are getting information from the PTO about holiday gifts for the teachers!!! It isn't even October!!

--Scholastic orders. I love these, actually. My kids are always excited to get the books, but I am feeling nicked and dimed and dollared to death.

Anyone else?
That seems ridiculously excessive.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Now I will pass out my virtual red velvet bon bons.
Yay!! How are you doing, Mrs X?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Afternoon all...

I not only want a bon-bon, I NEED a bon-bon. Spiked please. Stat.

I think my vet is eye-ing those Eddie Bauer Explorers Dew....

Back on Pred. and now we've decided to look at her food sources as potential allergens. Since there is no real good way to do this, we're left with starting her on a strict, bland diet and slowly adding things in. So, apparently Macie will be enjoying nothing but potatoes and pinto beans for awhile. At least it's cheap.
Poor Macie! And poor MM's bank account.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I spent a semester in England when I was in college. The local chemist (or drugstore), which was called Boots, had liqueur-filled chocolates. I don't remember all the types, but there was Tia Maria ... something like Bailey's, I think, and a few others. You had to be 18 to buy them.

I could go for a handful of those about now.
They used to sell these at one of the stores I LOVED in North Carolina. Cal, how close are you to Chapel Hill? Can you nip over to Southern Season and hook Julia up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting