Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 01:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Twice in one day! I am developing forehead wrinkles.
But you still look SUPER cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Manchild's favorite cold lunch items...
Just gotta tell you that I always get a chuckle when I read your "Manchild" nickname!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Back from the doctors. Sinus infection. Thankfully he's treating it aggressively the first round. Antibiotics and steroids along with prescription allergy medicine.

I'm hiding upstairs again. Hubby is tearing out the flooring in the dining room and kitchen. Progress is great but I'd love to have a schedule I can count on.

I suspended TK's cell phone last night. Payment was due on the 12th. Surprised I haven't heard from him yet. I wonder if the suspension is working. Maybe he's being avoidiant.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ah, a rhythm-impaired woodpecker. That is no good. It would seriously drive me insane (sort of like the rhythm-impaired guitarist who lived upstairs from us years ago and knew only two songs which he practiced constantly).

Is there some kind of safe woodpecker repellent? ETA: Or music teacher for those of the feathered persuasion?
The Syncopated Woodpecker. Sounds like a solo piece for percussionists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Blast some music and see if he picks up the beat from it. Oooooh. I am seeing another experiment here. We can see if he like clasical, jazz, country, rock, etc.
BAgpipes. That'll fix him.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Just gotta tell you that I always get a chuckle when I read your "Manchild" nickname!
LOL! He's thirteen, still thinks he's a lap baby, but he's the tallest person in the house and his voice is changing. Fortunately, he doesn't have that scraggly "wet caterpillar" looking moustache thing crawling across his upper lip yet or I'd have to tease him unmercifully.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
The Syncopated Woodpecker. Sounds like a solo piece for percussionists.

BAgpipes. That'll fix him.
LOL. The talkative neighbor is out and about. Maybe he'll come over and talk ol' Woody to death.

It's "Bulk Trash Pick-up Week". I'm sitting here watching the neighbors sneaking over to some other neighbor's house and grab something good off the pile to take home. Some guy down the street just walked by rolling a (perfectly good) gas BBQ home. Hilarious. Being Green at it's best.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
LOL. The talkative neighbor is out and about. Maybe he'll come over and talk ol' Woody to death.

It's "Bulk Trash Pick-up Week". I'm sitting here watching the neighbors sneaking over to some other neighbor's house and grab something good off the pile to take home. Some guy down the street just walked by rolling a (perfectly good) gas BBQ home. Hilarious. Being Green at it's best.
I think that is great - I remember many years ago, watching my next door neighbors (our very first house, not where we live now..not even the same state) put a perfectly good wooden picnic table out to the curb then take an axe to it so no one could pick through their trash. I was all

Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I think that is great - I remember many years ago, watching my next door neighbors (our very first house, not where we live now..not even the same state) put a perfectly good wooden picnic table out to the curb then take an axe to it so no one could pick through their trash. I was all
I don't get why some people do that kind of thing. You don't want it any more. Why would you care if someone else takes it?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ooh, haven't made that in a while. Great idea.
It is quite yummy and I absolutely love it. I made a big bowl and Mr. X was moaning he only had two helpings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh lawd!! Those take the cake, but Omunique is just APPALLING! OMG, SERIOUSLY.

MrsX .... I know what name you gave ToddlerX. Looove it!
Thank you Fin and yes you guessed correctly. BTW regarding this certain celebrity, I worked on her engagement ring for her second film following her first most popular flick. Everytime that movie comes on I feel smug about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
OK, is that look for me, or for the mom who named her kid Blase?
Definitely for Blase! I love Julia's look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Back from the doctors. Sinus infection. Thankfully he's treating it aggressively the first round. Antibiotics and steroids along with prescription allergy medicine.

I'm hiding upstairs again. Hubby is tearing out the flooring in the dining room and kitchen. Progress is great but I'd love to have a schedule I can count on.

I suspended TK's cell phone last night. Payment was due on the 12th. Surprised I haven't heard from him yet. I wonder if the suspension is working. Maybe he's being avoidiant.
Feel better on the sinus infection! TK must be avoiding or upset.

Quote:
LOL! He's thirteen, still thinks he's a lap baby, but he's the tallest person in the house and his voice is changing. Fortunately, he doesn't have that scraggly "wet caterpillar" looking moustache thing crawling across his upper lip yet or I'd have to tease him unmercifully.
One of my nephews has a mustache that makes him look like he walked off the set of Scarface. He is only 13!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I don't get why some people do that kind of thing. You don't want it any more. Why would you care if someone else takes it?
Especially considering the quality of some of the stuff the "got-buck$-neighbors" around here put out. DH came back to get the truck when he spotted a brand new patio set at someone's curb. By the time he got back, though, it was gone, lol.

Shoot. He said it was really, really nice!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Especially considering the quality of some of the stuff the "got-buck$-neighbors" around here put out. DH came back to get the truck when he spotted a brand new patio set at someone's curb. By the time he got back, though, it was gone, lol.

Shoot. He said it was really, really nice!
Darn! I need to move to your neighborhood! Most of our furniture is off of craigslist and I love it when I find something on the street that someone is throwing out that would make a good fine peice in your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting