Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
And oh my, all of these bread baking suggestions sound lovely. I've always wanted to try bread making, though something tells me I'll be otherwise occupied this fall! I'll just have to drool over what you make!
Oh come one! You can make bread with one hand while changing a diaper with the other!

When are you actually due?

Old 09-15-2011, 04:05 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Oh come one! You can make bread with one hand while changing a diaper with the other!

When are you actually due?
Haha! But what happens if the hands get mixed up?? Ewwwww.

Funny that you mention that - I was just on the "what do SAHM/SAHW's do all day thread" and apparently I am not nearly ambitious enough with the homemaking skills!

I'm due on 10/10, so we have about 3 weeks and change left. Though LME is low, low, low right now, so you never know...

Oh, and to answer your question from before about LSE - he's 3 (and 2 months).

Old 09-15-2011, 04:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Haha!

Funny that you mention that - I was just on the "what do SAHM/SAHW's do all day thread" and apparently I am not nearly ambitious enough with the homemaking skills!

I'm due on 10/10, so we have about 3 weeks and change left. Though LME is low, low, low right now, so you never know...

Oh, and to answer your question from before about LSE - he's 3 (and 2 months).
Me too. I'm way behind. I have 15 minutes before the bus comes. I wonder what I can fit into that time.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:10 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Me too. I'm way behind. I have 15 minutes before the bus comes. I wonder what I can fit into that time.
15 minutes? That might be just enough time to pop out a baby and stay home.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That thread title makes me want to make lots of dumb jokes.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist. That thread title makes me want to make lots of dumb jokes.
Hahaha - well-played!

And I was just going to suggest hand-knitting some cupcake cozies...I'm STILL not thinking big enough!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I have hearty peasant blood. We pop 'em out, sling 'em on our backs, and keep planting cabbage.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
I just threw up a little in my mouth reading that stay at home thread. I can't explain why, but it really riles me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
And speaking of food processors that reminds me -

Thank you Zim for your help. I ended up getting the Cuisinart. Love it.
Glad you found something you like.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have hearty peasant blood. We pop 'em out, sling 'em on our backs, and keep planting cabbage.
Haha!

OMGoodness - so feeling a little better about school and here's why:
when DH came home, LSE was a chatterbox of full sentences (which is uncommon for this time of day - he speaks less when he's tired, too) and earlier today he produced two phrases/ sentences that we've been trying to get him to say for months, both likely to have been heard again at school today. Anything that ups the speech factor makes me a happy mommy! LSE is sooooo much happier when people understand him (and he gets all proud of himself, as well, which is adorable).

Thought I'd share a happy, since I've shared a bunch of whine lately.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,521 times
Hi all. Another umpty-three pages to read through! And the spring-cleaning continues unabated (but slowly). Nearly done with the step-ladder so if there are any more experiments needed, please let me know before I put it back in the shed.

Quote:

I think we should have a guessing competition, now that LME is getting ready to enter the world. I'll start by guessing October 4, at 6am.

Any ideas for a prize?

ETA: Yay for LSE (any yay for MissFR too). The littlies rock!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Hi all. Another umpty-three pages to read through! And the spring-cleaning continues unabated (but slowly). Nearly done with the step-ladder so if there are any more experiments needed, please let me know before I put it back in the shed.

I think we should have a guessing competition, now that LME is getting ready to enter the world. I'll start by guessing October 4, at 6am.

Any ideas for a prize?

ETA: Yay for LSE (any yay for MissFR too). The littlies rock!
Rock on with the cleaning, Kobber! Hmm, I'll think on any gravity-related science...

Haha - I love it! re: the bolded - can the prize be related to some of these delicious baked goods???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting