Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Josie is not sick now days...she is doing really well. They took Josie to the doctor to make sure it was ok to make the trip.
According to the show, Josie was supposed to be safe-guarded from crowds etc. for a full two years. But of course, that didn't fit their "happy family image", so they took her on an eleven hour plane ride, brought her to three countries and made her ride a freakin' camel.

Josie is obviously not doing 'really well'. You can tell by just looking at her that is something is off. Even if she doesn't have mental delays, she has a ton of physical problems that have been incredibly well documented on the show. A kid who's nearly two years old and still needs oxygen, a doctor to accompany her on a flight home and in the ER every other month is not a normal, thriving child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Michelle was pregnant on the trip. She talked about travel sickness and morning sickness. She did not look well at all to me.

She slmost died with baby Josie, and she is over 40. I would have deemed that an extremely high risk pregnancy. She should have been on very limited activities.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:59 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
According to the show, Josie was supposed to be safe-guarded from crowds etc. for a full two years. But of course, that didn't fit their "happy family image", so they took her on an eleven hour plane ride, brought her to three countries and made her ride a freakin' camel.

Josie is obviously not doing 'really well'. You can tell by just looking at her that is something is off. Even if she doesn't have mental delays, she has a ton of physical problems that have been incredibly well documented on the show. A kid who's nearly two years old and still needs oxygen, a doctor to accompany her on a flight home and in the ER every other month is not a normal, thriving child.

Josie is doing really well...walking, talking, knows some sign language, there is nothing off about her. She does not sleep with oxygen on a daily basis and has not been in the ER "every other month"

Apparently I forgot that you have been around Josie enough to know how she is doing

Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Quote:
Josie is doing really well...walking, talking, knows some sign language, there is nothing off about her. She does not sleep with oxygen on a daily basis and has not been in the ER "every other month"

Apparently I forgot that you have been around Josie enough to know how she is doing
Again, I can only go off of what is seen on the show- which is what I have described in my post.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
I am sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. FYI the Duggar's are family so I can say that you have no clue what you are talking about with complete accuracy.

Also many people have posted that her having a miscarriage must be a sign. That makes absolutely no sense considering she had a few miscarriages before and after Josh (her first born). A miscarriage or complication can happen no matter how many pregnancies.
You live in fantasy land. I've seen the news reports. You don't bring children into the world to prove a point. You bring children into the world with the belief that you can give each child the care and the love he or she deserves. This simply isn't happening in that house.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I had a premmie, and he was very medically fragile for years. I barely took him to the store, let alone other countries. Premmie babies have problems with regulating their body temp, and problems with lung development, are very prone to respitory problems. They should not be physically stressed, like extended air travel.

I don't care if the Duggars have 10 more kids, but have sense taking appropriate care of the ones they currently have. And I don't see that happening, on many levels.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:34 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I had a premmie, and he was very medically fragile for years. I barely took him to the store, let alone other countries. Premmie babies have problems with regulating their body temp, and problems with lung development, are very prone to respitory problems. They should not be physically stressed, like extended air travel.

I don't care if the Duggars have 10 more kids, but have sense taking appropriate care of the ones they currently have. And I don't see that happening, on many levels.

I can't rep you again yet, so

I have a friend with a 6 y/o who was a preemie. She still suffers from respritory issues (not on a daily basis; and things that most kids could handle, but sadly she has issues with due to being a preemie). My friend is very cautious about what places she takes her and always has it in the back of her mind about the medical issues.

Clearly, the Duggar's don't think about these things, or maybe they don't care to if it means their ratings may suffer

Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
There must be some sort of Reality Show Intoxication which affect these people. They must get so into the money, the fame, the free trips, the recognition that they lose sight of common sense.

These people are big time into denial if they think taking a premie baby around the world is not taking a very unnecessary risk. I was appalled when I heard about the trip.

Also I think Jim Bob should be prosecuted for wife abuse if he risks getting his wife pregnant again and they both are guilty of putting way too much responsibility on their older girls. All the soft spoken bible verses and smiles will not negate the lack of real world preparation these children are facing. Those older children are not prepared for life in the real world at all and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:27 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Also I think Jim Bob should be prosecuted for wife abuse if he risks getting his wife pregnant again and they both are guilty of putting way too much responsibility on their older girls. All the soft spoken bible verses and smiles will not negate the lack of real world preparation these children are facing. Those older children are not prepared for life in the real world at all and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

No Kuduz, these children will never enter the real world so there is no reason for them to be prepared for it. They've been isolated from it other than the TLC field trips and their annual trips to a homeschooling jamborie and visits with their like-minded friends.

They will marry partners from their church, continue to live in rural Arkansas, and never use birth control. They know no other way of life. How could they when every piece of information they've ever had access to has been filtered by their parents?

I think the Dugger parents are well-meaning people and I believe they love their kids, but the isolation they've subjected them to offers no possibility for them to ever live outside of their bubble.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I can't rep you again yet, so

I have a friend with a 6 y/o who was a preemie. She still suffers from respritory issues (not on a daily basis; and things that most kids could handle, but sadly she has issues with due to being a preemie). My friend is very cautious about what places she takes her and always has it in the back of her mind about the medical issues.

Clearly, the Duggar's don't think about these things, or maybe they don't care to if it means their ratings may suffer
Not every preemie has the same issues. My cousin was born at basically six months due to my aunt getting toxemia. When she was six, she didn't have any lasting complications due to it. No one would suspect she's a preemie now. She was also born when the medical community considered her to be a lost cause (1981). I'm just saying that not all preemies are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting