Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Good point...maybe the guy will bring home a nurse from the clinic...and have the child call her mommy..then two days later - bring home an aging stripper ..from the club and have her call her mommy also...My mistake...I thought that the x husband was off and running in a long term - for life relationship with the "girl friend" - on the other hand...maybe this girlfriend is for life...the x seems think so.
They'll both be calling the aging stripper mommy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Laughable.....grow up.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Laughable.....grow up.
Was that aimed at me?
I think you misfired good sir...

Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
You have every right to address this, and absolutely should. How you do it I don't know. If he's that big of a monster, has a temper, or can't be reasoned with, let the attorney handle it. The judge in family court cases tends to decide in the best interest of the child, so I would put it in their hands.
It was actually written into my parenting plan that neither I nor my ex were to encourage our kids to call any future girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands "mom" or "dad."

I don't remember asking for it; if I remember correctly, it was written in as standard procedure.

Good thing - my ex is now on his fourth marriage (I was number two).

I'm not sure what the OP should tell her daughter, though, since the toothpaste is already out of the tube. She certainly doesn't want to come across as jealous or petty to the little girl. But I would sure look into it becoming some sort of court order for the future; then again, though, one has to decide what to make big deals over and what not to. As much as I would have hated it myself, maybe it's better to let some things slide and just fight over the really big crap.

I'm not sure what the sanctions would be if someone were to violate that order of not having the kid or kids call the new whatevers "mom" or "dad." Would that be contempt of court? Maybe. Would anyone enforce it? I don't know.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:56 PM

1,738 posts, read 768,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Yes, he was married before me and has a son from his previous wife. I have a feeling that he will marry soon again so he can drag his female companion to every duty station he is assigned. Then she will be in the same situation as myself and his first wife. That's not my consider though.

No he never called me mom. Come to think about it, my ex did ask me what I wanted his son to call me. Of course, I said my first name.

I look to have many problems in the future about his choices as a parent but I guess there is a limit to my concerns since I can't and shouldn't run to court every time he does sometime I think he shouldn't do around our child.

Welcome to the world of divorce!!!
Sounds like you had much more respect and courtesy for the little boys mom that this one does. I am a mom. It was devastate me to her my child call someone else Mom. I believe you said she was a mom, maybe she doesn't think much of that title but it sounds like you do. If you are still going to court for custody that means you are still working actively with a Lawyer. I would bring up your concerns. I know some one said something about the child calling them like...Mom whatever their name is. Personally I would NOT like that either. I know someone that this happened to..new wife wanting to be called "mom"..but turns out they called the real mom..Mom (and her name)...and the new wife was just Mom. You need to put a stop to it now before it continues. That is not good for your little girl. At all. Don't envy you with what you are going through. Like I said before if you talk to the ex wife and you are close you might want to talk to her...unless she is close to him..because she could take what you say to him. Take Care..That has got to be so rough..talk to you Lawyer about what it going on. He might have some ideas.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I can understand your annoyance. Completely. But you are not the only parent, he is too, and while you think your way is best, he thinks what he is doing is fine. Pretty much, anything you say is going to sound like sour grapes...or jealousy. To him.

Just stay out of it. If the relationship crashes and burns, your daughter will be okay. This won't damage her for life.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,759,472 times
Honestly your daughter wont call her mom unless she feels comfortable doing so. I've known my stepfather since I was 6 years old (so over 20 years) and I've never called him "dad"... its always been his first name. Do I love him like a father? Absolutely, more so since my biological dad passed away a few years back. My son calls him "grandpa".

Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
How old is your daughter?...it seems kinda mean to tell a little girl? to call another woman her mom when she knows darn well she's not!
Agreed. And seriously, after just a few weeks?? Way too soon to meet the daughter!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
"Constant theme in his life"----? You sure project a dark future for this man...Have you always done that? Just asking...if you were faithful to him...faithful does not have to do with sex or cheating....it seems that you lost faith in this person..that you stopped believing in him..
OMG the total NERVE that a Mom comes with a legitimate request for advice in a difficult situation and you make up infidelity??!!? OP, I hope you have the good sense to ignore the nonsense.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
OMG the total NERVE that a Mom comes with a legitimate request for advice in a difficult situation and you make up infidelity??!!? OP, I hope you have the good sense to ignore the nonsense.
I too thought this was a completely inappropriate remark to make. OP realize there are some weird people on these forums who make up scenarios in their own minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting