Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Girls is on! Best show ever.
HBO or showtime right? I don't get those. We just started watching Homeland on netflix.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
HBO or showtime right? I don't get those. We just started watching Homeland on netflix.
I wish I watched more tv but I barely do. We go all day without watching a single show and used to watch American Dad for an hour when we were going to bed. His sister got rid of cable and we lost that channel, so now we literally watch nothing.

We play video games instead.
We currently have farcry 3, the new tomb raider game and army of two.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Yesss, I really like it. Maybe because it's about New York and I live in New York.

If you are looking for a new show it's a great one.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 PM

What's it about?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,830 times
Quote:
Since there isn't much action on the chat thread I thought I'd share a funny story.

I work for a girl (well woman, she looks young tho) who is 32 with a 2 year old. Recently she was visiting her family down south with just her daughter and went to church with her mother. After they left church a man came up to her mother and said "We had a similar situation in our family, let me know if you need any help or support" and her mom was just gave a confused look to which the man replied "is your daughter still in high school or in college. My daughter was a teen mom also". Her mom just said "Well my daughter is 32" which created a really awkward situation. Well hey, i guess that's a compliment for my boss?
When I was in high school one of my friends (around 16) used to babysit another family member's toddler. Once when she was out with the stroller someone stopped in their car and started lecturing her about being a teen mom. Eventually my friend informed the driver that she was babysitting and had no plans on becoming a teen mom...

Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM

5 more days!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM

Today has been pretty sweet.
Woke up before 7, won an epic battle to win the blankets back from the blanket monster I sleep next to, went on a super long nice walk, found half a muscle relaxer in my wallet. Yesterday got a massage and a hair cut, so today I am all nice, relaxed and pretty looking.

The basement is the right amount of cold and we're packing and taking our time and having fun.

Took me nearly a week for me to learn how to calm down and relax again.
Everything is paid for and all we have to do is pick up the UHAUL on Sunday and we leave monday afternoon.

If anyone would like to follow me on instagram, please message me, I'll be posting my pictures there from the trip and the new place if anyone is interested.

For planning my first move essentially alone, since DB has never planned one himself either and I literally have done all the planning and setting up the UHAUL and getting the flight back to denver for our friend, anyways for planning it alone, I have done pretty well.

We're almost totally packed, just need to pack up odds and ends and winter clothes and stuff I won't want to rip through the boxes right away to get, anything I plan on MIGHT wanting is going in the car for easy access packed in a backpack or my dufflebag.

To those who live in CO too, do you suggest anything we should go do before we leave?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I love this!

Photos of Children From Around the World With Their Most Prized Possessions

Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
So I joined a new gym and no one is ever at it. I basically walk around and have my pick of the equipment. It's a Crunch and it's ok. I used to be a member of Equinox and it's definitely not Equinox. No free razors or tampons. I guess the classes are ok. It's clean enough. It's also open 24 hours during the week which I guess is nice if I didn't have a day job and did late night work outs.

My goal is to lost 10 lbs by Memorial Day since I have a very exciting Jersey Shore trip planned!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
So I joined a new gym and no one is ever at it. I basically walk around and have my pick of the equipment. It's a Crunch and it's ok. I used to be a member of Equinox and it's definitely not Equinox. No free razors or tampons. I guess the classes are ok. It's clean enough. It's also open 24 hours during the week which I guess is nice if I didn't have a day job and did late night work outs.

My goal is to lost 10 lbs by Memorial Day since I have a very exciting Jersey Shore trip planned!
I don't know anything about your diet but.....
Here's what worked for me:

-cut out ALL soda
-cut out all fast food
-eat 5 small meals
-cook everything you eat or prepare it yourself
-if you feel like snacking eat something high in protein, it'll fill you up but not put in you all the weight gaining nonsense that is in most food
-lots of walks and stay active from the time you get up to the time you go to bed

I was a size 7-12 in high school.
My biggest weight loss has been while being with DB, being "broke" does wonders, when you don't have money for fast food or junk food it's easy to not buy it.

I'm now a size 0 and weigh like 115, which is a lot from where I was in high school.
We eat pretty healthy and we take our dog for lots of walks.

Ooooh sleeping right too.
I have been going to bed before 11 and waking up around 7 or so.
Last night I was asleep before 10 and got up at 530.

I can't express how happy I am to have lost that weight, I honesty never thought I could do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting