Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
How is school going?
It's not going, work is the most important thing right now, since I have bills and rent to pay now. School doesn't pay me to go but work does and I am starting a new job next week, which will give me steady hours and I will never work nights another day in my life.

But yeah, school will come when it's feasible but with this current transition it isn't.
I have to be able to come up with my portion of the rent, utilities, gas, groceries, etc. Keeping the roof over our head and beginning our life together is my main focus. I am starting at a temp agency for leasing agents and I hope to soon land a permanent position with a site and work my way up to property manager. They make good money and no degree necessary.

And everything else is going extremely well, it's awesome, in 15 days it'll be two months and everything is working out great, we cook dinner together, we eat super healthily, we take the dog for walks, we just in general are living an amazing life.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Well, last I heard she needed to get her lap top fixed right away so she could use it for school.
Yeah well it's still not fixed, I still can't use it and my mom STILL won't do something about it. I have tried everything if she is the supposed computer genius then she could easily solve this current issue.
I would love to go back to school and take some classes but it's on hold still, my laptop still doesn't work and I am starting a new job next week at a temp agency and hopefully it only takes less than a month for a company I temp for to want me to work permanently for them.

Quit asking about school, I'll go back when I have time. Right now I would rather work fulltime, pay my bills and enjoy my life with TG, which is exactly what I am doing. Being a leasing agent you don't need school, so who knows I may never need it.

Oh and BTW, my mom broke my laptop putting that crap on it, it was only right that it get fixed, I still can't get it to connect to the internet so it's useless for doing online classes which require the internet.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Last we heard from you, you were desperately trying to get your lap top fixed, supposedly so you could take online classes. It's not my fault your life plan has changed yet again in the past few weeks. I'll stop asking so the chat thread doesn't get closed again.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Last we heard from you, you were desperately trying to get your lap top fixed, supposedly so you could take online classes. It's not my fault your life plan has changed yet again in the past few weeks. I'll stop asking so the chat thread doesn't get closed again.
I still want to. That hasn't changed. It still isn't fixed. Until she owns up and fixes it, it probably won't get fixed, idk how to make it connect to the internet, the wireless network doesn't even show up in the list, says it needs drivers, I installed drivers, still won't work, the drivers disk that it came with doesn't work so I had to download stuff. Nothing I have tried works.

And so what if my plan changes. Whatever gets me to where I want to go, I will take it.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I still want to. That hasn't changed. It still isn't fixed. Until she owns up and fixes it, it probably won't get fixed, idk how to make it connect to the internet, the wireless network doesn't even show up in the list, says it needs drivers, I installed drivers, still won't work, the drivers disk that it came with doesn't work so I had to download stuff. Nothing I have tried works.

And so what if my plan changes. Whatever gets me to where I want to go, I will take it.
I don't care that you keep changing your plan. I care that I'm getting told not to ask you about something you were set on doing when last we heard from you. How was I supposed to know?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,804 times
Quote:
Yeah well it's still not fixed, I still can't use it and my mom STILL won't do something about it. I have tried everything if she is the supposed computer genius then she could easily solve this current issue.
I would love to go back to school and take some classes but it's on hold still, my laptop still doesn't work and I am starting a new job next week at a temp agency and hopefully it only takes less than a month for a company I temp for to want me to work permanently for them.

Quit asking about school, I'll go back when I have time. Right now I would rather work fulltime, pay my bills and enjoy my life with TG, which is exactly what I am doing. Being a leasing agent you don't need school, so who knows I may never need it.

Oh and BTW, my mom broke my laptop putting that crap on it, it was only right that it get fixed, I still can't get it to connect to the internet so it's useless for doing online classes which require the internet.
I don't understand why you seem to think people should feel sorry for you or happy at all. My husband is fighting tooth and nail right now to go to school. He's actually fighting the government over it, and he's also working. We also pay way more for rent than you do, yet we still make it. How? We don't spend money for "fun" things. We sacrifice now so we can have a brighter future.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Anyways...
I just got a call from my grandmother to tell me more about her sister(my mom's aunt).
She had called me about two weeks ago, she told me her sisters cancer was back, there was another tumor.
It's been a 3 year battle so far and she's had two baseball-grapefruit sized tumors removed.

Well todays call was even worse, the tumor is inoperable and it's attached to other organs and they may not even be able to do chemo.

TG and I plan on going down in october but we may need to put that trip sooner.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:

Windows or Mac? And have you wiped the drive and reinstalled?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Windows or Mac? And have you wiped the drive and reinstalled?
Windows.
I had windows vista, my mom gave me a cd told me it was windows 7 and it would wipe the virus off my laptop. I literally stuck it on and then hardly ever used my laptop till TG and I moved in, so it was a long ass time, the only reason it was ever put on was because that was one night that I was actually at my mom's house for the night. It was pirated and I think corrupted and ended up doing weird crap.
Anyways, I bring it over here and I log in, connect to the internet, then go for a walk, come back and get back on my laptop and it told me my password was wrong, well it wasn't I sat there and typed so slow, made sure every key was right. I never was able to unlock it.

I got the stuff to fix it, the new power cord, the new keyboard, the new battery and then I get the OS replacement disk from Dell, its windows vista, loads just fine then I go to connect to the internet, nothing shows up, of course there is stuff there to connect to TG's laptop is 2ft from me connected to the internet.

I put in the drivers disk, nothing pops up, nothing at all, as if my computer had no clue I just stuck a cd into it.

I download drivers to TG's computer put them on a flash drive, install them on my laptop, nothing, not a damn thing.

I have no idea where to go from here. I really don't like no clue at all, I wouldn't know how to fix this if my life depended on it.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Windows.
I had windows vista, my mom gave me a cd told me it was windows 7 and it would wipe the virus off my laptop. I literally stuck it on and then hardly ever used my laptop till TG and I moved in, so it was a long ass time, the only reason it was ever put on was because that was one night that I was actually at my mom's house for the night.
Anyways, I bring it over here and I log in, connect to the internet, then go for a walk, come back and get back on my laptop and it told me my password was wrong, well it wasn't I sat there and typed so slow, made sure every key was right.

I got the stuff to fix it, the new power cord, the new keyboard, the new battery and then I get the OS replacement disk from Dell, its windows vista, loads just fine then I go to connect to the internet, nothing shows up, of course there is stuff there to connect to TG's laptop is 2ft from me connected to the internet.

I put in the drivers disk, nothing pops up, nothing at all, as if my computer had no clue I just stuck a cd into it.

I download drivers to TG's computer put them on a flash drive, install them on my laptop, nothing, not a damn thing.

I have no idea where to go from here. I really don't like no clue at all, I wouldn't know how to fix this if my life depended on it.
Have you accessed the router to see if it's pass protected? . If not then check to see if the adapter is off. If it's on add the wireless network manually to see if it connects. If not the adapter probably needs to be replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting