Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Nope, I will be showing my kid that it's not OK for a man to bend over for a woman and to become a spineless wipe, even for dubious "sake" of a kid, it's not OK. My biggest fear is that he'll grow up into another "nice guy" daddy to have relationship of any kind with uncaring women like his momma. Even stupid guys like me have a point of self-respect beyond which I will not bend. I hope his bar of tolerance for BS will be much higher, and seeing dadda as a spineless playmate and weekend present carrier will not accomplish that.
Your child will think no such thing because chances are he won't want anything to do with you. Obviously you really care only about yourself, and not your child. A real MAN actually fights for his children, and puts aside the eminity in order to be in his childs life. A real MAN would rather take his child to the park then worry over the fact he might be seen as a spineless whimp. A real MAN makes the trip every week to see his child no matter how irritating the women he had the child with is. However LITTLE boys love to make excuses on why they can't step up to the plate. And funny how the women who is uncaring is the actually one taking care of her child when all you are doing is handing out excuses.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you climbed into bed with this woman and made a baby (I'm assuming you had a good time doing that and thought you were an adult) but when things get tough you walk away from that child? And you justify it to yourself by telling yourself he's going to learn something if YOU don't have to listen to his mother. Are you still an adult or did that stop when things got difficult?

If you think he's going to learn anything by never seeing you walk through the door you couldn't be more wrong.

He's an innocent kid. Dang. Sometimes I'd give anything to be able to give kids a parent-transplant.
HEY now DEW!!! At least when the boy grows up and has missed out on daddy at birthdays,camp outs, teaching him hout to ride his bike and all he will be able to say "Daddy don't be bending to no single independent women!"

Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Nope, I will be showing my kid that it's not OK for a man to bend over for a woman and to become a spineless wipe, even for dubious "sake" of a kid, it's not OK. My biggest fear is that he'll grow up into another "nice guy" daddy to have relationship of any kind with uncaring women like his momma. Even stupid guys like me have a point of self-respect beyond which I will not bend. I hope his bar of tolerance for BS will be much higher, and seeing dadda as a spineless playmate and weekend present carrier will not accomplish that.
Maybe your son is better off without you.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
RememberMee, a 'real man' doesn't put his personal pride over the welfare of a child.
Teach him that sometimes you have to stand in the face of adversity to help the weak.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,183 times
Quote:
I used to see my son whenever I could, and it's not much 1-2 times/week, 10 hrs +/-. Sometimes in the middle of a week. I live about 80 miles away. But for now I removed myself from his life. I'm not going to fight over every darn nothing with a disrespectful controlling biatch. It's not good for him to see. I gave her a simple choice, a father for her child or whatever nonsense she decided to do regardless of my opinion (there was no discussion to begin with, just a statement). She's made a predictable choice. And it was absolute non issue (for a sane woman) to argue about. She's chose her way over having a father for her child. It's not going to get any better in the future, so it's better to remove myself when he's very young. I'm not in a position to fight for a joint custody. I'll not be driving 80 miles to be empty space to be disrespected and disregarded, this kind of woman behavior is not good for him to see again. If she will not damage him beyond point of no return, I hope to be his father. Sounds somewhat cruel. But the point is, think twice before fathering a child with a woman, especially "independent" controlling biatches..

Wow. You sound like a real winner.

This is how you 'justify' not being a father to your child - by blaming your ex? "I gave her a choice"....

Grow up and be a father.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe your son is better off without you.
No son is better off with out his father. I feel the same way- no fat old lady sitting in her black robe as a judge in some cheese ball family court should have power over a man and his child- or a woman for that matter...What's wrong with people these days that well paid professional parasites have control over your family?

We have become like sheep to be harvested by this black robed sect of elite parasites. A man and a woman should learn to work out their differences. The state and the legal professionals should go get real jobs.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, op, I don't think that's normal.
I think that's lazy and inconsiderate.

My divorced dad friends FIGHT for every minute (and 2 even fought for and won FULL CUSTODY) with their children.

Nothing says, "I don't care" like not prioritizing something.
Thank you, I think so too. This man wouldn't even have to fight for their time--I'm not a biotch when he comes over--I'm not controlling. He just dropped a bomb after 23 years and then walked away very fast from all of us and I think it's his guilt that is making him be such an ass lately but he won't prioritize.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No son is better off with out his father. I feel the same way- no fat old lady sitting in her black robe as a judge in some cheese ball family court should have power over a man and his child- or a woman for that matter...What's wrong with people these days that well paid professional parasites have control over your family?

We have become like sheep to be harvested by this black robed sect of elite parasites. A man and a woman should learn to work out their differences. The state and the legal professionals should go get real jobs.
They don't usually, since most people are civil enough to work out their differences. And if the father is not going to be a posistive influence in his childs life then he need not be there.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
Whoa, eye opening... this might explain RememberMee's issues and stance surrounding this post, divorce and marriage.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hildren-7.html

specifically #75
specifically #77
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.