Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM

147 posts, read 411,817 times

Advertisements

DD is turning 6 and will be having a glam birthday party. She is inviting all the girls in her class and a few good friends from last year's. We have a new neighbor who has a girl the same age and DD plays with her sometimes.

For whatever reason, DD is adamant not to invite this girl. Should we invite this girl anyway because it is the right thing to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
For whatever reason, DD is adamant not to invite this girl. Should we invite this girl anyway because it is the right thing to do?

NO

Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
What reason does your daughter give for not wanting to invite the neighbor child? If you talk to your daughter about why you think it's important to include the neighbor, perhaps she will change her mind?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What reason does your daughter give for not wanting to invite the neighbor child? If you talk to your daughter about why you think it's important to include the neighbor, perhaps she will change her mind?
Oh yeah, we have trying for a few days now. Reasoning with her etc. The reason she gave me for not wanting to invite the child is that because the child act too crazily when they play together. DD is concerned this girl will act crazily at the party.

I know, doesn't make sense. Kids get excited when they are playing. My DD sometimes act crazily too....who knows...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Is the party at your house, or another location?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is the party at your house, or another location?
Another location.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
If your dd is adamant about not inviting this new neighbor friend and the party is at a different location, just tell your dd not to discuss the party at all with this girl and don't invite her.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,633 times
Same age, same neighborhood likely means same grade in the same school. Even if they have different teachers, you said your daughter is inviting girls from other classes. What would your feelings be if your daughter saw a lot of her classmates having fun at the neighbor's house at a party she wasn't invited to? When the birthday girl was ostensibly your daughter's friend? Your daughter might have a dozen different sets of friend by the time she graduates, but neighbors aren't nearly as fleeting.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
Same age, same neighborhood likely means same grade in the same school. Even if they have different teachers, you said your daughter is inviting girls from other classes. What would your feelings be if your daughter saw a lot of her classmates having fun at the neighbor's house at a party she wasn't invited to? When the birthday girl was ostensibly your daughter's friend? Your daughter might have a dozen different sets of friend by the time she graduates, but neighbors aren't nearly as fleeting.
I woould not get upset if DD is not invited to a birthday party because you can't invite everyone. I understand that. Coincidently, the other girls that DD invited were not in the same class as this neighbor girl.

I have however explained it to DD about if this girl would have a birthday party and DD is not invited, how would she feel? Her answer: I don't care.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
If your dd is adamant about not inviting this new neighbor friend and the party is at a different location, just tell your dd not to discuss the party at all with this girl and don't invite her.
No, DD is not discussing with this girl.

My husband wants to invite this girl even if DD doesn't want to. He feels very strongly about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting