Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,922 times

Advertisements

Today I went to get a cup of coffee at a McDonald's in Brooklyn and as I was ordering I see this woman verbally abusing her child.

I don't know what the child did but she was getting pretty upset and at one point she spanks him pretty badly. The child who must've been around 3 yr old started crying inconsolably. And she goes like "don't f.. cry now. You was asking for it"

I felt so bad for the little defenseless kid. I wanted to intervene but I was highly outnumbered in that environment. Nobody said a word and to my surprise most people reacted as this a mundane incident.

So, that brings me to the question of, how would you reacted to the verbal and physical abuse the child was receiving?

Is there a quick and effective way to denounce these people?
I also have seen similar incidents on the subway.

Last edited by likeminas; 04-19-2013 at 11:52 AM..

Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Today I went to get a cup of coffee at a McDonald's in Brooklyn and as I was ordering I see this woman verbally abusing her child.

I don't know what the child did but she was getting pretty upset and at one she spanks him pretty badly. The child who must've been around 3 yr old started crying inconsolably. And she goes like "don't f.. cry now. You was asking for it"

I felt so bad for the little defenseless kid. I wanted to intervene but I was highly outnumbered in that environment. Nobody said a word and to my surprise most people reacted as this a mundane incident.

So, that brings me to the question of, how would you reacted to the verbal and physical abuse the child was receiving?

Is there a quick and effective way to denounce these people?
I also have seen similar incidents on the subway.

Unfortunately, I have found that sometimes you have to mind your own business. I've intervened several times and was ready to knock out the so-called "parent". You can't rationalize with people who act like that. I saw this big dude slap the side of his kid's head over something absolutely stupid (not that I could even begin to think of a valid reason to cold-**** a child on the side of the head anyway). I went off on him. Long story short, his wife is standing there not saying a word looking embarrassed, which to me means she's probably gone through this before, while my husband is literally dragging me away. What you witnessed, I've seen dozens of times on the train. POS "mother" gnawing on chicken wings and the baby is crying reaching out for one. She slaps the kid on the hand and tells him to shut up. People like that need their tubes tied.

Some people have no business having children.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
You don't strike a stranger or a friend to gain control over them- so why would you hit your own kids? It's like raising your voice...once you raise your voice you have lost the battle of infant supremacy. My mother used to say to my dad..."They are being bad- go beat them" My father who was a pretty tough man would say "No - you hit them...if I hit them they will hate me" - well - I loved my father and I miss him dearly.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 AM

335 posts, read 670,466 times
some kids need a good smack ........... thats the problem now you can't hit kids and they turn out to become Monsters.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM

235 posts, read 374,098 times
If you live in an area where most are Ghetto type of people then this is what happens constantly. I will not interfered because some of those Ghetto people tend to defend each other and find this behavior acceptable. If the area is mostly gentrify, then maybe you can intervene. Someone (a transplant) will likely call the Cops if the Ghetto person start to attack you. I am just telling you how it is unfortunately.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,975,486 times
There is a difference between beating and hitting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
beat them yourself i guess.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
some kids need a good smack ........... thats the problem now you can't hit kids and they turn out to become Monsters.
My mother was shrewd...she would advise young mothers who had brats for kids..."Don't hit them...you are bigger and stronger..take the child firmly by the arm and let them quietly know you can break the limb at will...kind of a quiet motionless spanking.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 PM

235 posts, read 374,098 times
This is an extreme Ghetto response when someone intervene...

MY foxny, Mass shooting on a Philadelphia city bus - YouTube

Old 04-19-2013, 12:25 PM

The video from what I saw did not display a spanking. All I saw was one gentle smack on the bum. It was not a child being beaten- The jerk who threatened to report her for child abuse was out of line- Once the child protection services become involved they snatch the child...The woman knows this and makes the call to the tribe- that someone is threatening to separate her from her child. The person suggesting that she was abusing the kid was in the wrong....If she was beating the kid that is another matter....as for the gun response- UNBELIEVABLE.

What were these "relatives" thinking? Someone disrespects my family so we are going to execute a whole bus load of innocent people....not to be racist but this looks like a case of apes with guns....also- the complainant was a jerk...bad story all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting