Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
Honestly, yeah I think she'd stick with me. We've been through so much together and she'd stick with me mostly because of our son.
So you have a motive to keep him home and not independent then too?

What if he has moved on. I think you are kidding yourself about her and what she would do if you had no money.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:25 PM

818 posts, read 857,552 times
I never said I want him to stay home. I'm just saying that she'd stay with me because of him. She wouldn't want him to go through any kind of struggle or pain so she'd stay with me.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
You've deluded yourself about your wife and her motivations. Even now, you're still deluding yourself about your wife in the hypothetical situation. You lack understanding on a lot of things she does and say, then ask us why, why why... And yet you guys are together in therapy. Are you guys even working on your marriage, communication issues? It doesn't sound like it at all. But of course, your wife won't change because she's waiting you to just throw in the towel and fully shut up and put up. Either you want to or you don't--- DECIDE.

And you, OP... why are you avoiding therapy for yourself? The underlying contempt you have for your wife and her actions and feeling so guilty about it; trying to one-up/outgame your wife; the backpedaling; living with this fantasy of your wife and totally ignoring what she is; delayed, if at all, rightful and fitting response/actions. How can you even begin to understand your own wife if you're not comfortable dealing with anything yourself?

If you really had no problem with the Hawaiian vacation, you should not have brought it up as a mark against your meany widdle wife. But no, now here you are... again... Deluding yourself about this Hawaiian trip. Trying to justify it even though you've used it as a mark against her as she's still making these ridiculous demands/wants.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 PM

818 posts, read 857,552 times
Late night drive with him was really cool. Just drove around listening to the Eminem Show and the Marshall Mathers LP. Definitely have to do that more often.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
As everyone has seen, when I spoil her, I successfully buy her affection. Not that I enjoy doing that I'm just being honest. Umm Maui, probably, because a) it's a cool hotel that I want to go to and b) I've never been to Hawaii. In my mind, I'm no so much giving into her as much as I am going to have fun with him and maybe his GF if it checks out with her parents. Definitely have to think about the condo.
Let's be really honest here. You are not going to change and neither is your wife. She is going to continue to be a selfish spoiled brat and you are going to continue to take the easy way out and indulge her to keep the peace. You do not have what it takes to stand strong when the going gets tough. (sorry but it's the truth)

There is nothing more we can say to help you because you won't help yourself.

Last edited by Jaded; 08-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: removed certain comments.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,962 times
Default All good things must come to an end.

I know many of you will be sad.

Well, Irish, you have over 1200 posts to read through when issues arise with your wife and son. I hope this thread serves you well even in its closure. There is a lot of good advice here.

BUT, as this post's title states...it's time this saga came to an end...on this forum at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting