Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times

Advertisements

Awesome picture.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Ah, the mythical breastfeeding mom who walks topless down streets, through restaurants, in homes, shopping, etc. She has a baby attached to east breast while she strolls hands free. Occasionally, she will set the babies down and whip her breasts around spraying milk everywhere and on passersby.

I fail to see nursing in public this gets people all in a twist. And I have NEVER seen a women just pull her shirt off and be fully exposed.
She's like a unicorn. A milky, magical unicorn.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
Just read in the news today that a breastfeeding flash mob is being organised at the gates of an amusement park in a city near me, in response to a breastfeeding mother being told in the park restaurant to feed in the bathroom. It just made me think of this thread when I did a google translate of the headline and it came up with this "On Sunday, four o'clock in the afternoon Sarkanniemi the foreground is hoped as many as possible to reveal the breast." Maybe the mythical breastfeeder that whips both boobs out will be there!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Just read in the news today that a breastfeeding flash mob is being organised at the gates of an amusement park in a city near me, in response to a breastfeeding mother being told in the park restaurant to feed in the bathroom. It just made me think of this thread when I did a google translate of the headline and it came up with this "On Sunday, four o'clock in the afternoon Sarkanniemi the foreground is hoped as many as possible to reveal the breast." Maybe the mythical breastfeeder that whips both boobs out will be there!
I think for the rest of your fellow forum mates you should go, just in case the wonderous whipper outer sprays the crowd in a spray of milky magic. Please bring a camera.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I think for the rest of your fellow forum mates you should go, just in case the wonderous whipper outer sprays the crowd in a spray of milky magic. Please bring a camera.
Haha now thats an idea....I want to see the milky magic spray!

I also found it interesting that there's one man listed as attending, maybe he'll have some fake boobs to reveal.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:47 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Hmmm. I doubt it meant reveal the breast, since we are taking a translation and google translate at that. I find Google translate to be notoriously bad..

"Reveal the breast" could simply be the easiest translation for public nursing.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Haha! I know lots of breastfeeding moms, and when mamas get together, they're not the most modest about nursing. There's no need, because all of us know that babies need to nurse. I will say that I have never seen anyone, even a relatively not-modest mama, whip out her breasts to nurse. No one ever took off her top. No one ever took out her other breast to air out or whatever while it leaked milk everywhere and sprayed down everything in sight. I might have caught a glimpse of a nipple if I happened to be glancing up at the same time that someone was latching a baby on, but it would have been for a second or two, at most. Maybe some of my friends have seen my nipple as well. To borrow a phrase from Anastasia Steele, oh my.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Hmmm. I doubt it meant reveal the breast, since we are taking a translation and google translate at that. I find Google translate to be notoriously bad..

"Reveal the breast" could simply be the easiest translation for public nursing.
Usually google translate is absolutely terrible for Finnish to English but translating it myself its actually pretty accurate.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Just a thought....but it really annoys me when parents change the diaper wherever. I've seen them change the kid in restaurant booths, right on top of restaurant tables, one right on the floor of a busy airport,....geez That's one of the reasons many parents buy a van, plenty of space in the back to change the kid. Also, your own private, AC vehicle to nurse or bottle feed. Really, don't you think the baby would be more relaxed and feed better in an enclosed space? But at least if one insists on changing the baby on a restaurant booth, dispose of the diaper! Don't just leave the little baggie of dup dups for the next customer to admire

Old 08-09-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Just a thought....but it really annoys me when parents change the diaper wherever. I've seen them change the kid in restaurant booths, right on top of restaurant tables, one right on the floor of a busy airport,....geez That's one of the reasons many parents buy a van, plenty of space in the back to change the kid. Also, your own private, AC vehicle to nurse or bottle feed. Really, don't you think the baby would be more relaxed and feed better in an enclosed space? But at least if one insists on changing the baby on a restaurant booth, dispose of the diaper! Don't just leave the little baggie of dup dups for the next customer to admire
What does that have to do with breastfeeding in public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting