Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:01 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Well I would hope once the child reaches each a certain age that they would start to become more modest or else things can get pretty awkward once that child reaches puberty.
Well yes, I'd think most do which is why I specifically mentioned it.

Quote:
...At some age we took some more care to cover up but I think it was closer to
when they were 10 than 2 - ie the age THEY tended to become naturally more
modest. We let them take that lead...
For those who don't...meh. Not that big a deal really is it?

Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 AM

214 posts, read 281,959 times
NOOOooo. NEVER.. ugh!

I'm still traumitized by my mom's big baggy bags till this day.

DONT DO IT. serious

*I won't date anybody over size c cups. They just gross me out. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my ma walking around the house buck naked straight out of the shower. pretty sure

Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Well I would hope once the child reaches each a certain age that they would start to become more modest or else things can get pretty awkward once that child reaches puberty. Either way it would probably be the best solution to not do it at all.
Why?

Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I appreciate your culture's openness about nudity. I mean no respect when I say from my American perspective, it sounds bizarre.

After a certain age we remained comfortable with each other's bodies but preferred not to see them. If my sons had health issues with their bodies, they knew Mom was going to "inspect". No biggee. Now put it away.
As a fellow american I just want to chime in and say I don't find their openness bizarre in the slightest.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,923 times
No, it's not okay. Once a child gets to a certain age (about 6/7), they start to recognize differences of gender and they WILL remember seeing their parents naked as they get older. It's not something that most kids really want to have in their memory bank.

My parents never walked around naked around me (although I do remember my mom getting out of the shower a few times and running to her bedroom nude). My father NEVER once flashed his bits around me, not even for a second. And I'm really glad he didn't.

Have some self-respect and respect for their future selves and cover up. It's not like you couldn't throw a towel or SOMETHING on. I lived with my father until I was a teen and never saw him nude. Not even at the beach. Not while he was peeing outside. Nowhere. There's NO excuse not to cover up the bits around your kids.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Well I would hope once the child reaches each a certain age that they would start to become more modest or else things can get pretty awkward once that child reaches puberty. Either way it would probably be the best solution to not do it at all.
My children are all grown, in their 20s. There was no awkwardness when they were in puberty with anyone being naked. Most kids naturally become more modest over time but when you realize that a naked body is NOT inherently sexual, than there is no longer an inherent sexual response. We only have that sexual response in this culture because we have been conditioned to do so.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:21 AM

Qoute: gwillyfromphilly Either way it would probably be the best solution to not do it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Why?

DONT DO IT. I'm telling you. Not good.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
No, it's not okay. Once a child gets to a certain age (about 6/7), they start to recognize differences of gender and they WILL remember seeing their parents naked as they get older. It's not something that most kids really want to have in their memory bank.

My parents never walked around naked around me (although I do remember my mom getting out of the shower a few times and running to her bedroom nude). My father NEVER once flashed his bits around me, not even for a second. And I'm really glad he didn't.

Have some self-respect and respect for their future selves and cover up. It's not like you couldn't throw a towel or SOMETHING on. I lived with my father until I was a teen and never saw him nude. Not even at the beach. Not while he was peeing outside. Nowhere. There's NO excuse not to cover up the bits around your kids.
I have seen my parents naked, I am not scarred by it. My grown kids have seen us naked, they are not scarred by it. Do you know why? Because it isn't a big deal if you were raised to understand that a body is just a body and its parts are not shameful or only sexual. Breasts are for feeding children, it is why they have evolved. If they are an enjoyable part of your foreplay repertoire so be it, but so are many other erogenous zones that we have not been conditioned to think they should be covered at all times. My kids say mine and many of their other relatives breasts as part of feeding children. They saw as be naked in an authentic way, changing clothes, going from the bathroom to the bedrooms, and so on. All of these are all natural non-sexual situations in which people are naked. And that is ok.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

Completely Agree

Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
NOOOooo. NEVER.. ugh!

I'm still traumitized by my mom's big baggy bags till this day.

DONT DO IT. serious

*I won't date anybody over size c cups. They just gross me out. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my ma walking around the house buck naked straight out of the shower. pretty sure
I am sure there are many other issues at play here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting