Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 04:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Maybe I am having a comprehension problem.
We can agree on this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 04:16 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
I'm sorry her child has/had cancer but that does not mean her child should be able to disturb everyone else's movie watching experience. Wait for the movie to hit the DVD stage, it really is that simple.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:18 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I looked at her facebook page, and it appears it took place last weekend. I have no idea what movies were playing at that theater then, and neither do the people stating as a fact that they were watching Tomorrowland. Perhaps they were, perhaps they weren't, but looking at the listing of what's playing there today doesn't answer that question.
Are you really this obtuse? How many other Disney movies are playing in theaters right now?

Old 05-29-2015, 04:20 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,761,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
He "yelled" at the mom not the kid, and I TOTALLY support his right to do so. In fact on your logic anyone should be able to yell anything they want at any time. That doesn't make him a "bully", it makes him a dad protecting his kid.
No no no. By my logic, young children, at a children's movie, should be expected to make noise. They are children, behaving like children, at an event for children. Adults, who are able to control themselves and act with reason, should be able to control themselves from yelling anything they want at any time.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:21 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Oh sorry I didn't explain myself well. I may or may not sit through those scenarios. I think it's the adult's responsibility to leave the children's movie if he is disturbed by the children. He should see the movie in the evening, or in a 21+ theater, or in the comfort of his own living room, if children in public bother him. He should *not* throw the adult equivalent of a tantrum and yell.

I also don't take my young children out to movie theaters. Because that is my parenting decision. But I am not this other mom, and if the theater doesn't have a problem with it, and she's not abusing her child, her parenting decision is none of my business.
Wrong. If a child is disturbing others, children's movie or not, that child needs to be removed. And someone else's parenting decision become my business when it directly impacts me.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:29 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Are you really this obtuse? How many other Disney movies are playing in theaters right now?
I would have no clue as I have not been to the movies in 15 years. Your comment was rude.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:34 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I would have no clue as I have not been to the movies in 15 years. Your comment was rude.
It wasn't directed at you. The event is current. The only Disney movie currently in theaters is Tomorrowland. The poster was suggesting that it was impossible to know what movie was actually being seen. Common sense would dictate otherwise. The poster was deliberately being obtuse. That is not rude, just factual.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
You know for a fact that they didn't screen an older Disney movie as a weekend matinee? That happens. And you also know for a fact that the writer didn't use the term Disney to refer to any animated children's feature, which many people do?

My hats off to you then, you are far more all knowing than I could ever hope to be.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:43 PM

687 posts, read 916,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Nicole Skaro is a RE agent in Waconia, MN.

It's an interesting gamble she's taking here. Selling real estate is all about "front" -- your image.

I am not at all sure that writing this article is going to net positive results for her. There's the cancer-kid pity factor. But there's also the I've-had-it-up-to-HERE-with-entitled-parents factor.

The man she belittles might have bought a house from her if she hadn't self-righteously taken on the entire theatre, then called him a coward in print.

There was a right way to handle this.

Instead, met Nicole Skaro: Entitled parent who does what she pleases. If I listed my house with her, would she bring her kids over to splash in my pool during open houses?
Entitled parent in an entitled "profession". Many of them seem to think it's still 2006, and it's an industry ripe with corruption (such as convincing a homeowner they "need" $40k worth of work on their house, but steer that person to their contractor cousin for a kickback) and where there are no restrictions on giving shoddy, misleading, or even blatantly false "advice" to both buyers or sellers.

People become real estate agents because they can't hack it doing anything else. I suspect it's better than flipping burgers though. I have no idea why people think of RE agents as having a similar amount of skill that a Lawyer or a CPA would have, and certainly nowhere near the same level of responsibility or accountability to their clients. Sure there's a top 1-5% who live quite glamourously, but those are the ones with experience who run businesses and get other agents to do the work for them while taking a cut. The rest make a pittance. Maybe it's the suit and the fake smile that fools people?

Old 05-29-2015, 04:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I looked at her facebook page, and it appears it took place last weekend. I have no idea what movies were playing at that theater then, and neither do the people stating as a fact that they were watching Tomorrowland. Perhaps they were, perhaps they weren't, but looking at the listing of what's playing there today doesn't answer that question.
Well it was either Tomorrowland or The Avengers. Those are the only Disney movies currently in theaters, and were also the only ones in theater last weekend. Neither of which are really appropriate for a 2 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting