Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times

Advertisements

Well, the mom also said " Vito was laughing and giggling. Like other kids in the theater. But my son just laughed differently. "

If other kids were laughing and giggling as hers was, what was the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 12:33 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Well, the mom also said " Vito was laughing and giggling. Like other kids in the theater. But my son just laughed differently. "

And if other kids were laughing and giggling, how does she know the man was targeting her?

Old 05-29-2015, 12:34 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
It's funny how she keeps saying the guy yelled at her kid. From her original post, the guy said "Get that kid out of here!". From that statement alone, he's obviously directing his remark at the parent, not the kid.
Precisely. Nobody yelled at her child, but she's seen all of the backlash to her article and now wants to change the focus. And like someone else mentioned, how does she even know it was directed at her? She knew her child was not just laughing with all of the other kids; he was the only one being disruptive.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
I also wonder if this was Tomorrowland, what the kids were laughing and giggling about? Of course, I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if there are funny parts.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:42 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
I also wonder if this was Tomorrowland, what the kids were laughing and giggling about? Of course, I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if there are funny parts.
Tomorrowland is the only Disney movie playing at that theater. It is rated PG and here is some info from the IMDB Parent's Guide:

Violence & Gore

Several human-like androids are decapitated and disabled violently.

An incinerated, yet lifelike decapitated human android head is shown.

Several humans are killed by ray guns that cause them to disintegrate.

A prolonged beating of male android with a baseball bat.

A little android girl is hit by a speeding car.

Profanity

Six uses of "hell", two uses of "damn", two incomplete uses of "son of a b....", and one use of "****".

Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:

The problem is she is FOS.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:48 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
The mom is wrong. Vito is darling, but too young to be in a dark theater. That alone probably upset him. Too bad the man raised his voice, I understand the mom wanting to be vindicated, but I think she is just making it worse. The comments are not in her favor, yikes!
He wasn't upset. He was laughing and shrieking, as young children do. He wasn't the only one, it's just tht he sounded a bit different and some people apparently think that means he should be ostracized.

Look, if people want to argue toddlers - ALL toddlers - don't belong in a movie theater, that's fine. But I've been taking my son to kids movies for almost 7 years (since he was 4) and we have yet to attend a showing where there haven't been todders and babies.

The man didn't call out "take all these toddlers and babies out of here!" He focused on the one child who happens to sound different because of brain cancer. That's what makes his actions wrong and discriminatory.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:50 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

The man didn't call out "take all these toddlers and babies out of here!" He focused on the one child who happens to sound different because of brain cancer. That's what makes his actions wrong and discriminatory.
It's not discriminatory if they guy didn't know they kid was different.
He just knew the kid was louder.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:55 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,759,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
And I never once used that as an excuse to make someone else put up with thoughtless, rude, or inconsiderate behavior.

YES, we should be aware people are dealing with their own things. NO, that does not give them a free pass.

I hate that we live in a world that people expect free rides bc they are 'having a bad day' or other nonsense. It's ridiculous. I will accept that from my 3 year old. Not a grown ass person.
I will agree with this.

A child making noise at a Disney movie matinee is expected behavior.

A grown ass person yelling at said child is thoughtless, rude, and inconsiderate behavior. That grown ass man was NOT a child. He should know better and keep his mouth shut. It's ridiculous.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:17 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Vito wasn't 20 months unless someone in that family is adopted. He was 20 months when she wrote the article. She didn't say the age when he was at the movie, but she mentioned her 2-year old was bouncing off the seats. 24 - 9 = 15 months = Vito's maximum possible age.

A child is still considered 2 years old up until the time they are 35 months and approx 30 days - meaning the day before their third birthday. So the math does work. The 20 months comes from her statement that he was diagnosed with cancer at 11 months and has been fighting it for 9 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting