Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:47 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,954,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityBassWorks View Post
just to side track: my stage name used to by 'Brony" before Bronies were a thing, I had to change it as I don't want people to get the wrong idea (I'm not trying to offend any bronies, I am don't want it connected to my music), does that make me a hipster?
If you were a hipster, wouldn't you have ironically retained the "Brony" stage name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 09:08 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,936,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Not to judge, but I am going to judge...

This is weird, one of my friend's kids is a "bronie". I have never heard of this, but it's a thing where teenage boys are into "my little pony", a girls toy / doll / tv show

Weird or what? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronie...My_Little_Pony
It is not your child, therefore you have no place to judge. Plainly put its none of your go_ dam_ business.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,319,020 times
I knew a guy that loved my little pony. He is gay, lives in LA, and is very happy. He didn't just like my little pony; he also wore girl's jewelry etc from an early age.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,743,585 times
The fact that boys watch "girls" TV shows is no big deal.

The fact that someone felt compelled to assign a name to this is deeply disturbing!

Old 07-14-2015, 11:37 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,905,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Yeah, a boy watching episodes of "My Little Pony" is not a 'brony' any more than a girl watching "WWE" is a 'femestler '.

THIS is a 'brony'.

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content...730.cached.jpg

That is LGBT Shrek.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:57 PM

376 posts, read 501,120 times
One you become a "furry" it becomes a problem(sexualized fetish orgy thing). Being a brony can easily lead to such degeneracy. I would suggest making sure it doesn't go too far.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:36 PM

674 posts, read 612,548 times
Just like anything else these days, there's a really disturbing amount of gross stuff posted on the internet about that show.

The show itself is harmless and good clean fun, but it's really easy for a kid looking for more fun on the internet to stumble onto things that no one should have to see.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:05 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,184,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggar View Post
One you become a "furry" it becomes a problem(sexualized fetish orgy thing). Being a brony can easily lead to such degeneracy. I would suggest making sure it doesn't go too far.
I don't have a problem with people dressing up any way they like or doing their consenting adult thing in private, and I get the impression that Furries are at least a mostly adult group. However, I would be concerned about any adult male bronies who frequent gatherings attended by minors.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,762,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I remember that thread. And I think where it started turning a bit weird was not when the discussion of bronies focused on tween boys, but rather, grown men.
That's because there is an inappropriate amount of intermingling between the adult and child segments of the brony "counter culture". A lot of the adult bronies are very disturbed individuals and you do not want your kids interacting with them.

One silver lining about having a brony child though is that you don't have to worry about teenage pregnancy, because bronies tend to have an involuntary celibacy imposed upon them by their female peers. Just make sure they kick the habit before they grow up, or you won't even want them around for thanksgiving dinner.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,440,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Not to judge, but I am going to judge...

This is weird, one of my friend's kids is a "bronie". I have never heard of this, but it's a thing where teenage boys are into "my little pony", a girls toy / doll / tv show

Weird or what? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronie...My_Little_Pony

What's weird to me is that you care what a friend's little boy likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting