Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 06:42 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times

Advertisements

Yes, something is wrong. Strong post to username ratio, BTW...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 06:52 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Buy her a horse. The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a girl.

Tongue-in-cheek here because I doubt the OP, too. But horses are truly awesome!

So are normal families.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:00 AM

908 posts, read 1,662,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Buy her a horse. The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a girl.

Tongue-in-cheek here because I doubt the OP, too. But horses are truly awesome!

So are normal families.
yes horses are excellent therapy for girls. Not only can you ride them, you can hug and pet them and they are warm and cleaner than dogs.
It seems you have 2 kids who need therapy, as well as yourself. Do you also get help for your adult daughter? because as a drug user she is probably not able to help herself to recover. Recovery is generally a whole family thing, from what i see, you all need it. Don't listen to these unfeeling people who want you to throw your sick drug addicted daughter into the street where she might not survive. Get her the help she needs, even if you have to put her into a mandatory recovery facility (treatment center), if that is a good idea for your family and for her condition.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everyoneisinnocent View Post
I'm the mother of a 13 year old daughter she always locks herself in her room she's always done this since she was 7 she doesn't go out, she goes to school gets all A's then goes straight to her room, and when she does come out she's distant and detached when I ask her about it she says she's fine, but before when she was about 11 she went up to me and said she couldn't do it anymore and broke down crying I just thought she was just having a bad day but still I said don't be so dramatic. She just got up and went to her room, she pretended it didn't happen but doesn't come out as much. Her older sister is really into drugs and a few weeks ago when she was at school she stole her xbox when no one was home and when she found out her sister who's 24 came in my 13 year old lost it she didn't say anything but lept on her and tried to strangle her, she just kept screaming I hate you, she was shaking violently but suddenly got up and went up to her room and refused to talk since she rarely eats or leaves her room, I don't know what to do anymore I take her to a therapist but it doesn't help, what should I do?

take the lock off the door.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:56 PM

15 posts, read 12,218 times
As someone who was that 11 year old at one point, the worst thing you can possibly do is minimize what they are going through. It's crystal clear that there is some sort of void in her life causing her to feel like "she just can't do it anymore". I wish I had the courage to open up to my parents about how I have been feeling for YEARS. Instead my family makes fun of me for my isolated and depressive personality. So PLEASE, do not tell her she is being dramatic...that only degrades whatever illness she is dealing with and will only push her farther away from you. Please take her to a new therapist and for the love of God, change the locks on your door and yes..either cut off your drug addicted daughter or find her a treatment center. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but it's time to realize you are the parent...you brought them into the world and you are responsible for making sound decisions for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting