Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:08 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,616,411 times

Advertisements

So I dropped my kids off at daycare the other day and a "parent" pulled up right outside the daycare doors. His car was blasting music so loud it could be heard down the street. Every other word was "F" this and "N" that. Very inappropriate. Do you think complaining to the daycare would do anything? Any other solutions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:14 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,494,385 times
What exactly do you think the daycare can do about the music (or volume) someone chooses to listen to in their own car? The only thing I can think of is to express concern for the child's hearing being damaged due to the volume.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:42 AM

22,636 posts, read 47,782,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So I dropped my kids off at daycare the other day and a "parent" pulled up right outside the daycare doors. His car was blasting music so loud it could be heard down the street. Every other word was "F" this and "N" that. Very inappropriate. Do you think complaining to the daycare would do anything? Any other solutions?
The day care has nothing to do with this....

Old 06-17-2016, 08:46 AM

It's tge daycare's private lot and property.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:46 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,906,321 times
If its really bad the day care might send out a friendly reminder to the parents not to blare music in the drop off area.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:15 AM

772 posts, read 1,062,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If its really bad the day care might send out a friendly reminder to the parents not to blare music in the drop off area.
This. The school can definitely send an email to parents about the volume or type of songs based on complaints. Again, depends on location and how in demand the school is because if its a long waitlist, the preschool has a lot of power and an email from them would get things changed

Old 06-17-2016, 09:55 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,913,094 times
You could express your concerns to the day care and they could send a message to parents.

That might help, assuming that was a parent who was picking up, and who is on their email list. If it was a dad picking up for weekend custody, for example, he might not get the message.

When you complain to the day care, you might use a word other than thug to describe it. Possibly "music with obscene lyrics"? Thug might come across as having racial connotations.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,117,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Absolutely. Our preschool has sent reminders about the flow of traffic for carpool, and reminders of where and where not to park. If it is a problem and not a one time thing, the daycare could absolutely send a "pick up/drop off protocol" reminder.

I had a crazy driver behind me one day on my way home from preschool. This lady was almost touching my bumper, would fall back, and then speed back up to ride my bumper again. Curvy, 2 lane road, and I was already going over the speed limit. This was extreme. But the driver didn't look panicked or like she was in an emergency situation. So I tried to ignore it, and continued home. When the road opened up, I took the turning lane, and she whizzed by to sit at the light. When I saw the back of her car, with very unique stickers and magnets, I realized she was a teacher at our preschool. It really bothered me that a teacher would drive that way directly from preschool (it wasn't like I saw her car in another part of town on a weekend) and I strongly considered saying something to the director. However, I ultimately decided if it was a one time thing I wouldn't make an issue out of it, but if I witnessed her driving recklessly again to or from preschool, I would mention it. The incident still bothers me, but if it was a pattern of behavior it would be a problem for the school.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:44 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,906,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Absolutely. Our preschool has sent reminders about the flow of traffic for carpool, and reminders of where and where not to park. If it is a problem and not a one time thing, the daycare could absolutely send a "pick up/drop off protocol" reminder.

I had a crazy driver behind me one day on my way home from preschool. This lady was almost touching my bumper, would fall back, and then speed back up to ride my bumper again. Curvy, 2 lane road, and I was already going over the speed limit. This was extreme. But the driver didn't look panicked or like she was in an emergency situation. So I tried to ignore it, and continued home. When the road opened up, I took the turning lane, and she whizzed by to sit at the light. When I saw the back of her car, with very unique stickers and magnets, I realized she was a teacher at our preschool. It really bothered me that a teacher would drive that way directly from preschool (it wasn't like I saw her car in another part of town on a weekend) and I strongly considered saying something to the director. However, I ultimately decided if it was a one time thing I wouldn't make an issue out of it, but if I witnessed her driving recklessly again to or from preschool, I would mention it. The incident still bothers me, but if it was a pattern of behavior it would be a problem for the school.
Yeah carline has a ton of rules. If people were blaring music regularly, I would see them make that a rule...because it is a hazard. Not being able to hear what is going on around is a problem with little ones getting in and out.

Sucks about the preschool teacher. I'd be tempted too. But some people are really aggressive drivers without realizing it. My father in law used to go full speed until the last minute and then slam on his breaks when he had to stop. Every. Single. Time. I can't imagine the terror he instilled in people over the years. Now he drives really slow like an old man and drives me batty LOL

Old 06-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Maybe I will request a reminder email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting