Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times

Advertisements

My 22 month old eats ( I say eats- hes very picky) what we eat, for the most part. I think he probably did at 16 months too, with few exceptions

its just a matter of cutting is small enough so they can eat it

I think i have the only kid on the planet who HATES cheese! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,732 times
At that age, he can eat anything and everything you eat. There is no need to make him anything special.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
Well, I couldn't any peanut or nut products in my daughter's snack because some kid in the next room had a severe nut allergy. Once I accidentally sent in peanut butter cookies to my son's preschool class and was severely chastised because someone in there had a peanut allergy. Supposedly giving kids peanut butter before a certain age increases the risk of the allergy. I don't know.
It's a wonder all of us who grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still alive.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
We have a mini food processor. I believe it is for herbs and nuts maybe...It is small...Anyway, I would grind up whatever we were eating. My 22 month old decided she was done with baby food at around 8 months...and of course she only had a couple teeth...

We did oatmeal, eggs, buttered toast, cherrios, yogurt, cheese (grated until she got used to it), steamed veggies, grated raw veggies (carrots), pastas, applesauce, rice, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and some soups, like broccoli and cheese...

Anything we were not comfy with (consitancy wise) we just tossed it in the processor. ANd she ate it right up...The processor was like 20 bucks and now I use it for a bunch of stuff when I am cooking... Great little investment.

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
It's a wonder all of us who grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still alive.
No kidding. I never heard of peanut allergies or the peanut controversy until the last few yrs. and Im 45.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM

438 posts, read 1,509,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No kidding. I never heard of peanut allergies or the peanut controversy until the last few yrs. and Im 45.
Neither did I, but I'm only 27. I don't know why there are so many peanut allergies now. It baffles me.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:13 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
My 2 1/2 yr old eats what we eat & it has been that way since 12 months after the ped gave us the ok.
From the get go he loved veggies & fruits, especially peas, oranges & grapes.

For a "special treat", I put whip cream on top of yogurt for him; he gets a kick out of it.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,842 times
Avocado is very very good for a baby to eat...

Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Here are some ideas of what my kid ate at 16 months and he still has a lot of the same foods on the meny, he is 30 months old.

In the morning he would have oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.

Then he would have his bottle of goat's milk

He would have lunch before nap: usually soups. Here is what I like about soups: you can make them ones in 3 days and not worry about lunch for 3 days. You can mix bunch of vegetables and small pieces of chicken or beef in there. You can throw spaghetti and rice in there as well. There are just so many things you can do with soup and it's healthy!
You can make beef meatballs and chop them finely with pasta and throw in small pieces of carrots and veggies in there.

For a snack after the nap, he would have cottage cheese, or mix of avocado with banana and apple (some fruity mix).

For a bed time, he would have either a cream of wheat, or oatmeal (if he didn't have it in the morning). Basically something filling to sustain him thru the night and also a bottle again.

In between those meals I would try to let him try some of the foods I eat: some potato, some veggies, some greens...anything he is willing to try and taste to establish his taste buds.
Reading this makes me hungry. I wish I could be Max for a day. The only thing I'd feel funny about is the goat milk, maybe.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Assuming no allergies: small cubes of cheese, Cheerios, sliced avocado, canned peaches (in pear juice, not in syrup), little YoBaby yogurts (they need the whole milk products), full fat cottage cheese, steamed carrots, steamed frozen peas, steamed broccoli (I used to cut off the stems and just chop up the florets), baked sweet and white potatoes, very soft shredded chicken, eggs, bananas, mangoes, peeled and chopped up plums.... I don't remember how many teeth they have at 16 months, so for fruits like apples and pears, you might want to chop up and steam a bit first, otherwise just slice very thin and cut off the peel. You can make a grilled cheese sandwich, kind of pat it down flat and cut into very small chunks... use whole wheat bread. I used to buy whole wheat ditalini pasta and mix that with some steamed veggies and olive oil, and that would be a good, easily packable lunch if you're going out.

Ahh, baby feeding... before baby gets picky, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting