Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:41 PM

170 posts, read 193,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Not sure I believe this entire story has all truth to it. Some parts just don't go together. They only went one day to the Grandmother's house but the stepdad complained that the girl had been disrespectful to him several times?

And what were you thinking...taking on a 15 year old guest for six weeks? That is 42 days! How have you filled those days? And you have a five year old? A five year old's interest and a 15 year old interests are totally different.

She has got to be bored out of her mind. Send her home early. Unless you had things pretty planned out, ways to entertain her and take her lots of places to explore--it is not like she would enjoy sitting around in a strange home and having coffee and reading magazines.
My stepdad is older and retired (my mom still works) and has visited us numerous times while she is here, offered to take her places so she's not bored during the week when we are either at work or have to run errands, etc. She only agreed to go once with him and he said she was mean to him the entire time, showed attitude, etc. Im guessing maybe she just wasnt interested and was bored but my stepdad took it very personally. He also said she was disrespectful to him when she stayed over their house. He is not an emotional person so the fact he told me this makes me think she really was being disrespectful. I have seen it to some extent when he was at our place and she was there.. but it wasnt super blatant.. just responding to him with some attitude, walking away, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
You're going to be in huge trouble if she goes home and tells mom and dad how the Uncles were touching her and flirting with her. Did you think of that?

I would tell her mother immediately. I would send her home...teaching her a valuable lesson and proving to your sister that she is not respecting the adults.

I feel terrible for you and even worse for Grandma. She is a perfect example of an entitled child.

Good luck!
I really doubt she would do that. That sounds a bit crazy.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Let me guess: her mother is divorced and the girl has no father at home? Teenage girls with no father often are sexually inappropriate with men. You should address it on a behavior level, not a personality level. It doesn't matter why she thinks she is behaving like that, she needs to know that her behavior is not acceptable. She is not a little girl any more. If you keep it on a behavior level, you are not crazy or jealous, you are an adult with social standards that the girl does not understand.
No.. completely off. Her parents are together and she is very close to her dad.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You can make unlimited international phone calls for $13 a month with a Skype subscription.
Its my understanding that she is mostly on facebook, snapchat and uses facebook for calling. i don't pay the bill for her cellphone and her grandma got her the new phone right before the trip.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1979 View Post
I really doubt she would do that. That sounds a bit crazy.
and you don't think what your wrote is a bit crazy.....

One example is we are driving in the car and she says "my thighs are so smooth.. oh my god uncle feel my thighs they are so smooth like a baby's bottom .. this feels so good to touch". It seems innocent but at the same time my husband felt awkward and so did I. Or another time she says "I am so hot.. haha get it uncle I am so hot, i need someone to cool me down". At our friends, she got in a kiddie pool in her dress and sat down and got entirely wet top to bottom and then poceeded to wet my friend' husband's crotch.. She was very loud there and by the end of the night she was rolling around on their fornt lawn with her dress up and underwear showing.

If she can do the above then she can tell her parents that her uncle and his friends were hitting on her and touching her.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1979 View Post
My stepdad is older and retired (my mom still works) and has visited us numerous times while she is here, offered to take her places so she's not bored during the week when we are either at work or have to run errands, etc. She only agreed to go once with him and he said she was mean to him the entire time, showed attitude, etc. Im guessing maybe she just wasnt interested and was bored but my stepdad took it very personally. He also said she was disrespectful to him when she stayed over their house.

He is not an emotional person so the fact he told me this makes me think she really was being disrespectful.
This girl is a terror, it doesn't even matter why at this point. Call your sister, tell her what you told us, that HER daughter is treating her grandfather poorly, and tell her about all of her actions. Then tell your sister she needs to fly her child back home. Asap.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:33 PM

493 posts, read 514,838 times
I'm not surprised this kind of behavior is coming from a Spanish teenager - I just spent a year teaching English in Madrid and I can attest the following:

Behavior among Spanish kids is much worse than American kids, and middle-class kids can get very spoiled. Spaniards in general are much less prudish and much more open about everything, including sexuality. I cannot tell you how often I saw PDA everywhere in Madrid. Also, Spanish kids seem to mature/develop much faster than American kids - some of my 10-year-old 4th grade students act like little teenagers!

Is there a good public transport system in your area, OP? Your niece is still below driving age and she can't be driven around everywhere all the time. If she lives in a major city in Spain she will be used to it.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I also think its alarmist to think she would make a complaint of sexual abuse. It doesn't sound like that. When that happens the girl works hard to keep her relationship with the man private and secret so she can spin it to her liking...this isn't that. This is a girl with poor boundaries. A girl who is experimenting with her sexual power. That is all.

I think people are way off on this one because they have just never been in this situation.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:22 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
I'd probably talk to your sister at this point. 6 weeks is waaaaay to long. She sounds like a little brat.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:24 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
"...my thighs are so smooth.. oh my god uncle feel my thighs they are so smooth like a baby's bottom .. this feels so good to touch".

Something is definitely amiss when a 15-year-old says that to her uncle, not matter how permissive a country she comes from.
Ya that's a bit creepy. I almost can't believe that's actually how it came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting