Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:05 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times

Advertisements

Okay, and I will ask again...

OP, are you married, and do you even have kids???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 01:39 PM

41 posts, read 64,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Okay, and I will ask again...

OP, are you married, and do you even have kids???
Yes, I am married with two children. My son is five years old and my daughter is two.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4life View Post
Yes, I am married with two children. My son is five years old and my daughter is two.
You are a loooooong way from having grand kids! Unless you plan to have another baby, or have an infant niece or nephew visit often, I think there is a better use for that room.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You are a loooooong way from having grand kids! Unless you plan to have another baby, or have an infant niece or nephew visit often, I think there is a better use for that room.
Yep.
Having a room sit for decades is a bad use of the space.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:13 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Quote:
Yep.
Having a room sit for decades is a bad use of the space.
OP never mentioned grandkids.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
He mentioned other relatives. I would include grandchildren as such!

Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Wow! I never would! I figure if a guest has children, they will want to stay with the parents in an unfamiliar house. And anyone else who visits with kids...I don't want to make it so easy they want to stay forever. And I have no wish to parent grandchildren either. They should be living with their parents!

Old 09-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4life View Post
Has anyone ever kept a nursery in their house after the kids have grown out of it? I am wondering if it makes sense to keep it for other relatives and friends babies that visit. We have extra bedrooms that are bigger for the kids to move into.
Hmmmm... this just triggered something.

We never had a nursery. We just put the infant into a bedroom, which stayed their bedroom.

OP, since you mention moving the child out...
Are you talking about a proper nursery, connected to the master bedroom?

Old 09-05-2016, 02:35 PM

41 posts, read 64,523 times
Quote:

We never had a nursery. We just put the infant into a bedroom, which stayed their bedroom.

We have four large bedrooms in addition to the nursery and master. The nursery is connected to the master via a closet with a "bookshelf door". The nursery also has a door to the main hall. The room is about half the size of the other four bedrooms.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
So? Someone else mentioned it. I don't think the OP ever mentioned who might use it or when. I have a sneaking feeling she just isn't ready to let go of the baby stuff.

Quote:

Neither did we. Just bedrooms. The baby furniture went, and the big kid furniture came in.

If we're talking about a nursery attached to a master, that would be even stranger to keep, I think. No one would want to leave their baby to sleep in someone else's master bedroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting