Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
There is absolutely no way of knowing whether her kids "yelps" of excitement were really shrill screams, albeit short, or exactly how soon after "growing restless" they were taken out of the restaurant.

Like the writer herself so astutely pointed out, there are two sides to every story and everyone has their own comfort levels, etc.

I rather think both parties behaved badly for their snotty remarks. The busy-body could have moved or asked for more quiet if they were being noisy. The mom taught her kids that "winning" even if it's mean, is the goal in inter-personal relationships.
This. I would have had to watch and listen to the kids to make that determination.

I know I do find that I strongly dislike children and their antics, although I love my own dearly. But I do not put up with much crap from them.

We dine out no less than 6-8 times a week. This is sit down restaurants, not take out. My teenager is fine to go to nicer venues that serve multiple courses. No way in heck would I expect my 6 year old boy to handle that. He is quiet but sitting for hours for food is beyond his capabilities. He does fine at the chains and local casual dining restaurants, and we order an appetizer and entree or entree and dessert, never all three. My children are very good about sitting patiently, and coloring or playing games on their devices.

We ate at Chili's last Friday night and a young child in a high chair was shrieking at the top of its lungs. My own children were watching me waiting for me to go off. I would never allow them to sit and scream. I would yank them up faster than they could blink.

Bottom line, we are paying on average $100-$125 to feed our family at an establishment, so I may enjoy my meal. Having a loud, obnoxious child makes the meal a dreadful experience. I will not allow my kids to act like fools and I expect other parents to do the same.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting