Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times

Advertisements

With all the bickering we do amongst ourselves- one thing is certain- we all love our kids!

What do your kids do that give you the 'warm fuzzies'?

I love it when my 2 year old climbs on me and gives me a hug and kiss and says ' wuv u momma' - for no reason at all!

I love it when my 9 year old cuddles on the couch with her head in my lap at night while we are watching tv!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,298 times
When I wake up for the 57th time during the night and my daughter (9 months) has her arms around my neck cuddled up with me. When my son tells me I'm the best mom ever. When my oldest daughter plops her bony butt on me and gives me hugs.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,732 times
Listening to my kids all play together - it's the sweetest sound.

When my 5-year old tells me he's going to marry me.

Watching my 7-year old get off the bus each day and still be visibly excited to see me.

When my 2-year old grabs my face and tells me, "Big kiss, mom, you need a big kiss from me!"

Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
Listening to my kids all play together - it's the sweetest sound.
Funny. When I hear my kids fighting it warms my heart! Its nice to know they'll always have each other no matter what they say to one another. I probably feel that way since I was essentially raised an only child because my sisters were either 10 years older or 10 years younger than me. When my kids start screaming at each other I just imagine all the conflict resolution skills they're learning.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,452,060 times
[quote=KristyLiz;3048354]Listening to my kids all play together - it's the sweetest sound.

I totally agree, it is wonderful to hear them play. Every smile and laugh is a blessing.

I also love the special reading time in the evening. I still do it even with my 11 years old!!! According to the school her reading and writing skills are well above her age but she still like it when I read to her or with her. I love it!!!

I love and treasure any moment spend together as a family, mountain excursions, visits to the zoo, going bowling, etc.

And then needless to say, I love every single moment with my 11 months old, watching him growing, discovering the world and new skills all the time.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:03 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
Lately, when watching TV, I don't like the commercials; but I do like a lot of the music in commercials. I when a commercial comes on with great music, I close my eyes and remember my daughter around the age of under two. I have a very distinct memory of her running from me while she was wearing one of those bibbed sun-suits.

I definately get the warm fuzzies.

Last edited by MainStreet; 03-06-2008 at 06:31 AM..

Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
With all the bickering we do amongst ourselves- one thing is certain- we all love our kids!

What do your kids do that give you the 'warm fuzzies'?

I love it when my 2 year old climbs on me and gives me a hug and kiss and says ' wuv u momma' - for no reason at all!

I love it when my 9 year old cuddles on the couch with her head in my lap at night while we are watching tv!
This warm feeling has no age limit.

I love it when my 22 year old daughter, home visiting from her duty station in Alaska, will come up to me in the kitchen to see what I am doing, and throw her arm around me, lean her head into my shoulder and hug me. That makes an avalanche of memories cascade in my mind, like a quick 10 second run thru, at warp speed of her birth, infancy, childhood and recent memories. It's pretty cool.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:20 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,379 times
Default sibling quarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
Funny. When I hear my kids fighting it warms my heart! Its nice to know they'll always have each other no matter what they say to one another. I probably feel that way since I was essentially raised an only child because my sisters were either 10 years older or 10 years younger than me. When my kids start screaming at each other I just imagine all the conflict resolution skills they're learning.
Momlady, I can tell you - as one of seven, the siblings that I fought with the MOST are the ones that I am closest with in adulthood. I enjoyed that post, because I can't tell you how many times I have told someone, "We are so close now -- but we fought CONSTANTLY when we were kids"...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,562 times
I work overtime Thursday nights so I don't see my 2 year old until Friday morning when she wakes up. I love when I go in to get her Friday morning and the first thing she does when she wakes up is climb in my lap, hugs me and says, "Mommy home." LOVE IT!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:31 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
When my grandchildren call and say " just called to say we love you grandpa!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting