Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,051,064 times

Advertisements

When was the last time you heard HER voice? None of this is normal. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 09:40 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,827,941 times
WWOOFing is an acceptable way of traveling around. You work 4 hrs/day and get room and board.

https://wwoofusa.org/

The problem is that it's seasonal. But since you've made it clear to her that she can always come home, if the work runs out, she can leave.

I think you have handled this very well. You have contact, you know where she is, she has an emergency credit card but cannot clean you out. Kudos to you. Whatever you do, don't let her know you can see her gmail account. She'll cut you off it in a second.

Hopefully, she'll decide to come home soon.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:09 PM

70 posts, read 74,394 times
NEW UPDATE!!!!!

She is coming home. I am not sure how the visit will go.

While she was at the WWOOf farm, she 'decided' to leave after 10 days. I know this, not from snooping,but from a phone call from the police dept, from the farms town. THey reported her missing. THe detective I talked to, gave a lot of information that I did not have. THey told me the farm owner(s) were reporting that she had mental issues and to call them for MORE info.

Called the farm and spoke to a male employee. I am not sure what his title was, but he said that my daughter seemed to be on the Autism Spectrum. She would stare into space and some of the chores, she did not know how to do. He also said, when his wife picked her up at the bus station, that she spoke very little.

She was not really like that at home. I asked this male and have his wife call me. I wanted to compares answers. THat was 2 weeks ago and the wife never called me.

Since I had the friend boy's phone number from a background search, I called him. Told him about the police and i was concerned. He said she was in the house with him, lol, and she was fine, not stressed, but did email me later for me to confirm some statements, she had made. 90% of the comments she made to him were lies.

Since this time, she has told some DOOZIES of some lies.
He has asked her to stop lying to him, she agreed, but still lies. She has also been VERY impulsive with her behavior.She is going to get herself hurt, or worse.

Last week, he emailed me, and said my daughter, is in no way to be leaving on her own. SHe is just too immature and naive for it. He has known her for 7 months. He said he is going to tell her, that she needs a break from MASS, but in reality, he is really concerned about her mental wellness. I. She agreed to come home. She thinks it is for a week, her friend thinks it should be semi-permanent. He asked to keep in touch with her, because she has become a good friend. I said he could.

So, Tuesday, she fly's into my town. Sounds really simple, but she has YET to tell me she is ocming home. lol. Although, she has told the friend, she HAS. THe friend and I are on the same page.

I will update again, when she lands. She is 18 and leave whenver she wants to, but I hope, I can get her an appt (she will have to make it) to get a mental checkup.

THx again, for letting me vent.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:47 AM

729 posts, read 566,413 times
Good luck with all this.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:39 PM

19,116 posts, read 14,127,210 times
Get her to see a psychiatrist asap.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-01-2018, 03:39 PM

9,970 posts, read 7,872,591 times
Maybe part of her illness is that she can't stop lying or she can't recognize the truth/real world.

Definitely get a appointment for her.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:43 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,892,810 times
I wish you and your daughter the very best. It is usually in late teens/ early 20s that the first signs of some mental illnesses begin to appear.

I agree with the other comment that all things considered, she really should see a professional.

Good luck and I'm glad that your daughter is coming home!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:21 PM

70 posts, read 74,394 times
Default My Daughter is HOME!!!

I picked her up at the airport the other day. She lost her ID, BC, and SOC. Not to mention a suitcase of clothes.

We think she is Adult ADHD and she made herself an appt and it is on our calendar.I think she is the hyperactive-impuse ADHD.

Will report on this, later!!!!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:42 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,146,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdallasamy View Post
I picked her up at the airport the other day. She lost her ID, BC, and SOC. Not to mention a suitcase of clothes.

We think she is Adult ADHD and she made herself an appt and it is on our calendar.I think she is the hyperactive-impuse ADHD.

Will report on this, later!!!!
I think her issues go a lot deeper than just ADHD.

I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have to handle an adult child who is going through these issues. She is lucky to have you.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,773,689 times
Wow...good luck Mom, to you and her! I’ve got a 14 year old girl who has exhibited some irresponsible tendencies, so I am being really cautious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting