Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 05:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times

Advertisements

Katarina, I consider California, West Virginia and Mississippi to be examples of states who use force to compell vaccine compliance. I consider all three states to be anti-choice. I consider coercion to be an act of force. You and Suzy both seem to favor the erosion of exemptions, therefore, I consider your stances to be for force.

There are ways to maintain one’s health that don’t involve vaccines or antibodies.

Suzy was involved in the Starbuck’s conversation and she definitely did not see any reason to worry about Hep B in a situation where a family drank from a cup tainted with a barista’s blood. Hep B is not easily transmitted and kids in classrooms are at an extremely, ridiculously low chance of contracting Hep B while at school from an unvaccinated, infected child.

That thread can be found here. //www.city-data.com/forum/curre...dly-being.html

Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I brought up religion because many states, including your own allow parents to exempt their children from the immunization requirement based upon religious reasons. Your opinion about what religion is or is not is just that and I don’t see how it fits in this conversation. Who is “we”??? I also don’t care what Jenny McCarthy says, not sure why that was brought up either.

Since personal, religious and medical exemptions are allowed in my state, I actually do have the right to make choices about which vaccines to get, or not get whether you think it’s true or not.
And by so doing so, you endanger others around you. You DO understand why, do you? Or not?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And by so doing so, you endanger others around you. You DO understand why, do you? Or not?
If you’re saying that because my kids don’t have every single vaccine recommended that I’m putting others in danger then I’d like to ask you if you are up to date on all of your vaccines? When did you get your last pertussis booster? Do you get yearly flu vaccines? Do you have all of the vaccines that kids get in childhood on today’s schedule?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Katarina, I consider California, West Virginia and Mississippi to be examples of states who use force to compell vaccine compliance. I consider all three states to be anti-choice. I consider coercion to be an act of force. You and Suzy both seem to favor the erosion of exemptions, therefore, I consider your stances to be for force.

There are ways to maintain one’s health that don’t involve vaccines or antibodies.

Suzy was involved in the Starbuck’s conversation and she definitely did not see any reason to worry about Hep B in a situation where a family drank from a cup tainted with a barista’s blood. Hep B is not easily transmitted and kids in classrooms are at an extremely, ridiculously low chance of contracting Hep B while at school from an unvaccinated, infected child.

That thread can be found here. //www.city-data.com/forum/curre...dly-being.html
That is your opinion, but, to put it bluntly, you are incorrect. It's not force to mandate vaccines. The Mississippi Supreme Court rejected religious exemptions because they favored religion over no religion. Your definition of "force" is just created to accuse pro-vax people of favoring force.

There is no other way to obtain antibodies, other than getting disease or vaccine. No other way. If you have some evidence that there is another way, then please post it. If you can't document this, it's incorrect.

Here are all of suzy's posts referencing Heb B in that thread. The family didn't drink from the cup, one person drank from a cup where, apparently, someone with a cut on their finger touched the rim. There's no evidence there was blood in the drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What diseases to you propose the child be tested for? Several have been discussed already, including Hepatitis C and hepatitis B, which are not transmitted in food or beverages. Hepatitis A is, but does not require blood exposure.

A child would be more likely to get MRSA from a playmate than from the scenario in the OP.

Once you get past the OMG yuck factor, the risk to the child and her family is negligible. Enough time has passed and no one has gotten sick, so in my opinion the family will have a hard time proving damages.

Quote:
There is no evidence that hepatitis B is transmitted by food.

The lawyers claims are in link in a previous post. One is "intentional infliction of emotional distress".
Quote:
If you cannot see the difference between protecting children from all known risks of transmission of hepatitis B and what appears to be the nonexistent risk from a Starbucks cup I'm afraid I cannot help you.

Infants are not vaccinated to protect them as infants; they are vaccinated to protect them for their entire lives.
Quote:
The event in the OP did not involve "drinking blood".

https://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepb...pic-overview#1

"You cannot get hepatitis B from casual contact such as hugging, kissing, sneezing, coughing, or sharing food or drinks."
Quote:
Except that transmission of hepatitis B from food or drink has not been reported. Can you find such a report?
Quote:
Can you find a case report of transmission from blood in or on a food or beverage container? I've looked, and I cannot.
Quote:
Consuming food or beverage is not the same as "drinking blood". Were you able to find a single case report of hepatitis B from a contaminated food or beverage container?
Quote:
Can you find even one case report confirming that someone got hepatitis B from a drink from a cup contaminated with blood? Just one?
So a different issue entirely.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:59 PM

It’s easy for a school yard bully to say, “I didn’t force him to give me his lunch money, he just did”.

It’s easy for an armed robber to say, “I asked for the money and they gave it to me. They had a choice”.

It’s easy to say that California, MS nor WV don’t utilize force when it comes to their vaccine laws.

The victims of coercion may have a very different perspective.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If you’re saying that because my kids don’t have every single vaccine recommended that I’m putting others in danger then I’d like to ask you if you are up to date on all of your vaccines? When did you get your last pertussis booster? Do you get yearly flu vaccines? Do you have all of the vaccines that kids get in childhood on today’s schedule?
The CDC does not recommend that adults get all the vaccines recommended on today's childhood immunization schedule. Rotavirus vaccine cannot be given after age 8 months. Pre-vaccine, most people had rotavirus disease by age two. It is rare to get it a second time. Hib is not recommended for healthy people after age 6. Pre-vaccine, most people had a case of Hib by age 6. Prevnar is not recommended for healthy people after age 6, until they turn 65. Hep A is recommended for adults who have a specific risk or who want protection. Ditto Hep B. HPV is not recommended after age 26. The meningitis vaccines are only recommended for adults with special risks. Varicella is recommended for people without evidence of immunity. Evidence of immunity is birth before 1980 in the US, documentation of receipt of 2 doses of varicella or varicella-containing vaccine at least 4 weeks apart, diagnosis or verification of history of varicella or herpes zoster by a health care provider or laboratory evidence of immunity or disease. MMR is only needed if there is no evidence of immunity, which is: born before 1957 (except for health care personnel, see below), documentation of receipt of MMR, laboratory evidence of immunity or disease. 1 dose is all that is needed.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...imz/adult.html
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...z/catchup.html
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...dolescent.html

Old 08-09-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
It’s easy for a school yard bully to say, “I didn’t force him to give me his lunch money, he just did”.

It’s easy for an armed robber to say, “I asked for the money and they gave it to me. They had a choice”.

It’s easy to say that California, MS nor WV don’t utilize force when it comes to their vaccine laws.

The victims of coercion may have a very different perspective.
False analogy. Do you have an example of "force" being used in these states?

Old 08-09-2018, 06:13 PM

15,514 posts, read 7,551,940 times
Quote:

[/url]
You can improve your immune system to make diseases less sever, but without developing antibodies, you are still susceptible to preventable disease. And you cannot develop natural immunity to tetanus at all. If you get tetanus, you most likely die. The tetanus vaccination is the only way to get immunity. My Dad had to be extra careful all his life, because he was allergic to the tetanus shot. That was hard, given he grew up in the Depression, and went barefoot much of the time, and later worked in the oil fields.

Quote:
I had rubella, rubeola, chickenpox, and probably a subclinical case of mumps, so I don't need those vaccinations. I've had hep B, Hep A, first Shingrix shot, a recent Td booster, adenovirus, yellow fever(probably ineffective now, since it's been over 10 years), cholera, typhoid, and maybe some others.I also took anti-malarials for several years. I get flu shots every year, sourtesy of my employer. The pertussis was via a TDaP shot years ago.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:02 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,205,859 times
Quote:

Explain that last to me, please.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Explain that last to me, please.
It was in response to Katarina’a comment, post #349 where she said, “the only way to get antibodies is to get the vaccine or the disease”. There are other ways to maintain one’s health that have noting to do with trying to get antibodies to a disease via vaccination or natural means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting