Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 01:10 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Maybe before children are vaccinated more questions should be asked about the family history of illnesses , allergies etc... When all my four were babies I trusted all vaccinations and doctors... but after my youngest son was born I started to wonder if not enough done before giving these things to babies. I was just recalling about him in hospital after he was born having that heel jab that babies get........ a few days later his eyes were fluttering like mad and he was taken into Yorkhill childrens hospital in Glasgow where he stayed for nine days.. they did blood tests but found nothing but then not all things show up on blood tests... it did stop however on its own... but I was worried. this is the same son who had the severe tics after a vaccinaton at age 5 in school.... after that he wasnt given any by the doctor, their decision not mine as in the 80s I knew nothing about effects from these vaccines ...doest this tell us something.......Also Ive suffered from bad chemical allergies for years. this should all have been looked at before he was given jabs.. I suppose that would cost too much... and too much time.... but some kids have a lifetime of suffering......maybe its time doctors did spend more on looking at parents health histories. and think twice...
That heel jab (worst thing to watch!) was just a blood test, not a vaccine. Doctors do watch for reactions to vaccines. There can be reactions.

Old 08-06-2018, 03:24 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
DD was always wary of vaccinations. That's not to say she didn't have my grandsons administered the necessary vaccinations. However, given her concerns, her pediatrician offered to spread out her kids' vaccinations over a longer period of time. They are still vaccinated, they just didn't get a huge dose of pharma at once.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Maybe before children are vaccinated more questions should be asked about the family history of illnesses , allergies etc... When all my four were babies I trusted all vaccinations and doctors... but after my youngest son was born I started to wonder if not enough done before giving these things to babies. I was just recalling about him in hospital after he was born having that heel jab that babies get........ a few days later his eyes were fluttering like mad and he was taken into Yorkhill childrens hospital in Glasgow where he stayed for nine days.. they did blood tests but found nothing but then not all things show up on blood tests... it did stop however on its own... but I was worried. this is the same son who had the severe tics after a vaccinaton at age 5 in school.... after that he wasnt given any by the doctor, their decision not mine as in the 80s I knew nothing about effects from these vaccines ...doest this tell us something.......Also Ive suffered from bad chemical allergies for years. this should all have been looked at before he was given jabs.. I suppose that would cost too much... and too much time.... but some kids have a lifetime of suffering......maybe its time doctors did spend more on looking at parents health histories. and think twice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
That heel jab (worst thing to watch!) was just a blood test, not a vaccine. Doctors do watch for reactions to vaccines. There can be reactions.
Exactly, TXNGL! And this is how urban legends get started-"right after that vaccination he got where they pricked his heel" which wasn't even a vaccination!

And dizzybint, you continue to subtly criticize physicians, for ex-

Quote:
Just a pity there isnt a small test that could identify children susceptible to vaccines.
plus the bolds. You seem to think there is some kind of "small test" that's not used for some reason; that doctors are too lazy to ask for a health history, or too busy trying to save money for the NHS in your case; or whatever. There is NO test to see who is going to have a "vaccine reaction". What is a vaccine reaction is different things to different people. Surely your doctors do health histories over there in Scotland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
DD was always wary of vaccinations. That's not to say she didn't have my grandsons administered the necessary vaccinations. However, given her concerns, her pediatrician offered to spread out her kids' vaccinations over a longer period of time. They are still vaccinated, they just didn't get a huge dose of pharma at once.
As has been discussed many times over, spreading out vaccines does nothing; it's false reassurance if anything. And it does expose the kid to the germs in the doctor's office, and require a lot of unnecessary trips to same.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
IMO, there is no CREDIBLE scientific evidence linking vaccines to autism. Can you have an allergic reaction or other side effects, sure. However, It's worth the risk to me. It's the responsible thing to do. Too many stories about kids suffering or dying from preventable diseases because there parents made a decision NOT to protect them.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:06 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
USA has been polio free for 40 years. I m sure some vaccines are ok but not all are needed
How long have you been a PhD medical researcher??

Old 08-06-2018, 11:16 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
Riiiight. Except for the proliferation of unvaccinated people running around, waiting to infect newborns, etc. that haven't been able to hit the vaccination schedule.

Exactly.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/health-ne...son/1297954323

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6406a5.htm

Old 08-06-2018, 01:11 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temps1 View Post
Thats a good choice!!

There have been studies and its found vaccinated people are often MORE SICK than those who are not....

Studies Prove Without Doubt That Unvaccinated Children Are Far Healthier Than Their Vaccinated Peers ⋆ VacTruth.com

Our immune systems are better left alone!
The studies in question have been retracted. And they were bad science in the first place.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/no-...g-of-the-sort/

It isn't really even a study (which would be unethical given that those conducting such a study would have to actually leave some children at risk for vaccine-preventable diseases), it is a survey and as such it is subject to self-reporting errors and bias.

Quote:
Basically, all of the vaxed/unvaxed studies not done by antivaccine-friendly scientists or quacks have shown either no differences in the prevalence of neurodevelopmental or chronic diseases between vaccinated children and unvaccinated children or have actually found better health outcomes in the vaccinated population.
There have been some real studies done and they did NOT show the results the anti-vaxers accept.

https://thoughtscapism.com/2015/04/1...inated-people/

Old 08-06-2018, 02:13 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Mods, I’m sorry in advance. I’ts been a bad day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Danger to their own kids and every kid that they come in contact with if their kid has a preventable disease
It’s time for those who preach it to pay it. C’mon Herd: Put your money where your mouth is?

I’ve got unpaid medical bills to high heaven. Over 1Mil in lost income. Foreclosure; since the Great Recession was inconveniently timed with the Great Regression.

Despite the very grudgingly conceded to DNA evidence & the worry/scurry behavior from VAERS? I won’t see one dime despite that I contributed 11 fully immunized soldiers to your herd. My little girl did not receive a Military Honors funeral. Not even a fancy license plate.

I’ll spare you the Purple Heart/Cyanosis analogy (oops. Sorry, maybe I didn’t). One more Less & I’m Private Ryan’s mom. The irony.

Today’s been a bad day. I found out my sweet boy has been denied entry into the same public school his siblings attend & must instead be bused downtown to a school with a history of “misplacing” their autistic students.

I mean, they find them hours later; stumbling over the railroad tracks in the warehouse district, just yards away from Fountain Creek & the homeless tent city. I’m thrilled. Any advocates out there in the herd?

Because see; that’s the thing. It’s all good when I protected you but the herd has both short term/long term memory loss issues (Again ironic, given that Alzheimer’s is immune-mediated as well) & you aren’t there for me now. You won’t be there for anybody else either & all those parents out there who are being guilted into protecting herd immunity better get their herd membership in writing first.

Shouldn’t be a problem cause it’s SO safe, right?

Old 08-06-2018, 03:10 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Any link to health problems after babies/young kids get pumped with all this stuff?

Just looked up a list of vaccines from infant to 18. That is a lot of pharma
Nope. The UK guy that "proved a link" to Autism admitted that he made up the data (and his sample size was 12). I guess if you have a tinfoil hat, he may have been persuaded by pharma goons, because they make a lot of money (nope) from the free vaccines?

Old 08-06-2018, 03:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
There can be problems with some individuals who have conditions that are known, but sometimes you won't know until a bad reaction occurs. It's rare, but if that happens you can confer with medical professionals to determine the best course going forward.

We don't know everything, but what we do know is vaccines work to keep deadly diseases from running rampant though the population. That should be the starting point for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting