Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 01:49 AM

402 posts, read 273,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Uh, he's not responding to the fact that certain professions tend to be dominated by one gender. It's the rest of your assumptions in your response...
As for the rest of this topic, again a whole lot of assumptions being made. Don't assume a child of the same gender will be a 'mini-me' or that it will be an immediate bond of some sort, because you might be sorely disappointed by that expectation. I have been blessed with one of each and let me tell you a lot of my gender expectations were turned on their heads. What if it's your daughter who likes bodybuilding or sports and your son who likes shopping and ballet?
If she's a vodybuilding I wouldn't mind it bt be shcoked at first lol. It's good to develop athlecism, altgough I'll still consider it too extreme for a girl but whatever.
Manye men actually DO like shopping, just not that much for clothes but for cars, tools, books, etc. Not a very good example. When men say they disliek shopping they mean strictly shopping for clothes or sanitary things, especially if it's with their wife as "OOOH luck at that and that and that" gets on their nerves after a while. As for ballet depends what you mean with that. To become a dancer in plays like Bob Fosse - yes why not!? To do classic ballet?! I hope not and would try to steer him to gymnastics.

On topic, a guy I know was so disappointed that he just left his family after his fourth child turned out to be a girl like the other 3. It's irresponsible and extreme but living surrouned by so many women would suck. Well it would suck if we switch the genders as well!

Any place where you're a minority is toxic, regardless whether you're male or female. I hate working in places where it's almost only women. They all gang on you and most women aways act worse to males on the same level, all the while sucking up to males in higher ranks, that's why you see most female flight attendants going for the pilots and not fellow male flight attendats. But if I was female I'd hate working in an all-male office equally if I was the sole or one of 2-3 women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 11:20 AM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Raising our 2 boys has been so much fun and such an adventure that I have never felt that I missed out on a thing by not having a girl.

Our boys are close in age, they have always been compatible and our family feels perfectly complete in every way. If/when they get married and bless us with grandchildren, we might have a granddaughter(s) to love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting