Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:00 PM

515 posts, read 1,329,953 times

Advertisements

Those nights are fun for younger teens and are generally safe. I would allow her to go but be home by a reasonable hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 PM

3 posts, read 9,072 times
Thumbs up Teen Club

Defiently let her go, shes not doing anything there she wouldn't be doing normally. I know when I was 14 people use to drink/smoke weed before going to these clubs.

So STRAIGHT UP im telling you right now, she knows all about people who smoke weed/drinking so don't think your protecting her from that. So let her go, nothing will go on that isn't going on already.

Situation is totally different if shes going to a club @ 14 with 33 year olds in the mix. 13-17? I know people at 16 who are pulling in hits of acid and cocaine (thats the most extreme, they don't usually go to these clubs couse lets be honest its much funner hanging out at a place WITHOUT SUPERVISION OR ANY ADULTS).

I went to it once, was lame. What am I going to say? Yah I'll take a coke shaken? Pfh, I would just go to someone's house and drink.

If your child really wanted to go do drugs/drink/makeout she can EASILY DO ALL OF THAT in one of her friends basements (trust me theres always 1 parent out of all the friends that will allow it).

The main point of going to these clubs is basically just to say 'clubbing'. But once you hit 15 that goes down-hill fast. Everyone will end up going to house parties.

A side effect of not letting her go is basically just showing how lame she'll look infront of her friends. Personally I don't give a f### what other people think about me (hell im never going to see these people in highschool again when I graduate after next year). So she'll end up making up being 'lame' in some other way by doing something worse then going 'child clubbing (LOL)'.

Just let her go.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 12,039 times
umm hi everybody im 13 yrs. old and i think that yall mothers should be able to trust ya'lls teens enough to go to a club were there's going to be kid's their age there,i think you should let your teen enjoy their teen years. and let them look back 10 yrs. from now and say wow i had amazing parents that really loved, and trusted me and wanted me to enjoy my teen-hood=]

Old 09-20-2009, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 12,039 times
ohh i dont have any kids im just trying to stand up for those kids like me that their parents dont let them go to teen clubs

Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
Sorry, gotta say "no" on that one. Too many opportunities for trouble. Be mean. You just never know about those places. Often I think that older men go there to find younger girls.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Sorry, gotta say "no" on that one. Too many opportunities for trouble. Be mean. You just never know about those places. Often I think that older men go there to find younger girls.
Most teen nights that I am aware of do not let older folks in the door.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Yep ... real important to keep those kids cocooned and insulated from the real world for as long as possible

Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
I don't know. Here in Florida, there was a shooting at a teen club, there have been several, actually. I think that teens can have fun, but I think that the teen clubs around here are places to get into trouble. Teens would be better off going to a movie, out for pizza, working out at the health club, lots of other activities. There is plenty of time to go to clubs when you are older. Just my thoughts on the matter.

As for the older men, I meant guys that are like 19/20, they let those guys in to the teen clubs, and many of them look for the younger girls.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 11,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaam View Post
My 14 year old wants to go to a teen club. They have these events in my town once a month for 13 to 17 years old. IMO I think a club is too mature for a 14 year old girl. Teenagers these days are not like the teenagers 25 years ago when I was a teen and I'm worried about the possibilites of negative things that could happen.
Am I overreacting? Should I let her go and have fun or should I keep it safe and follow my old fashion instincts and not let her go?
I am a 15 year old and i somewhat know what you are gowing through. You need to understand though without letting us go and letting us make our own mistakes and letting us learn then we are going to most likly end up doing it our own way and it will probably be worse. I am not saying let your daughter go, i know that times are MUCH worse now that 25 years ago. If you trust your daughter and if she is mature and responsisble enought i think she should be able to go, set limits for her thow,,a curfue or something but let her know that in any instant she feels uncomfortable that it is ok to call you with out you over reacting,i hope things work out

Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 11,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by your tipical teenager View Post
umm hi everybody im 13 yrs. old and i think that yall mothers should be able to trust ya'lls teens enough to go to a club were there's going to be kid's their age there,i think you should let your teen enjoy their teen years. and let them look back 10 yrs. from now and say wow i had amazing parents that really loved, and trusted me and wanted me to enjoy my teen-hood=]
mothers say no only because they don't want us to get hurt so don't play that card..plus at your age you think you know everything but you don't..my friend went into the bathroom one time and she never walked out..their was one small window that wasn't cracked or broken or anything..i was outside that door tho whole time..nobody went in and nobody came out..a trace of blood was found by the window, this was in a small restaurant in public with lot's of people..look up some cases on google and open up your mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting